New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    looking at the alterra specs, the everest loses out on the stock entertainment system.

There's a price difference of almost 200k for the 2.5 m/t eve and the comparable 4x2 m/t alterra, and almost 70k for the 3.0 eve and the 4x4 alterra. I wish they would make a cheaper model available, albeit without the fancy entertainment system.

What I like about the alterra is the good FC. From what I heard, it's the thriftiest among those with the 3-liter CRDi's.

And could anybody confirm kung tumutungga ng diesel yung everest?

parehas nga palang front disk/rear drums ang everest at alterra
    Bro , nasa 7km/l lang ang Everest na 3.0 at sa Alterra naman ay 12km/l. Both units are A/T

Para sa akin bale wala ang price difference ng Everest and Alterra kasi makikita mo naman na mas matipid si Alterra sa Diesel.

Ito ang sample computation: Given that both vehicles have travelled 100Tkm
    Alterra: (100,000km) / (12km/l) = 8333.33L (35php/l) = 291666.66 php

Everest: (100,000km) / (7km/l) = 14285.71 (35php/l) = 500000 php

ito naman ang matitipid ni Alterra 208,333.34 php bawi na kagad sa aspect na ito.

2nd: parehas sila naka leaf spring pero mas matagtag pa rin ang everest

3rd: re-sale value. I'm seeing many Everest today with low resale value (ex. 2005 4x4 price:720T). Although I'm not yet sure with the current models.

Overall Alterra pa rin para sa akin.

I'm just sharing my insights mga bros!

Cheers to all!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robert_rpn View Post
    Bro , nasa 7km/l lang ang Everest na 3.0 at sa Alterra naman ay 12km/l. Both units are A/T
    Para sa akin bale wala ang price difference ng Everest and Alterra kasi makikita mo naman na mas matipid si Alterra sa Diesel.
    Sir Robert,

I know that the alterra is more fuel efficient. In fact, one probable reason why its hp and torque ratings are lower than similarly displaced engine is because the ecu is programmed for economy burn (leaner fuel).

One question though, is your computed fuel consumption based on the experience of just one driver who has both vehicles (only one driving habit and almost going thru the same routes)? If it is, then I bow my head to the alterra. But. if the FC came from two different drivers who have different driving habits and who travel thru different routes, then there are just too many variables to consider. If the 3.0 alterra consumes 12km/L in mixed city/hwy, then it even beats my 1.3L honda jazz which consumes around 10-11km/L mixed city/hwy.

Anyway, just my thoughts.....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    That's why if I had a choice, I'd go for a 2.5 eve M/T.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Hello guys.

Actually we both own these SUVs

Isuzu Alterra 3.0l A/T 4x2, pero 2005
    Ford Everest 2.5l A/T 4x2, pero 2007

Ganito, I've driven both and both na full tank, ako lang gumagamit nung vehicle.
    as for the FUEL EFFICIENCY
    yun alterra namin, when i was driving went 14klm / liter
    yun everest namin, when i was driving went 10klm / liter
    same route. kasi yun lang naman usually pinupuntahan ko.

Ganito,
    When driving it to our province
    yun alterra, mas bouncy na matigas sa yun mga uneven concrete roads (highway ng province)
    yun everest, mas bouncy na malambot sa same roads that i specified.

Pag dito city,
    pansin ko, mas "soundproof" i mean na mas hndi mo maririnig yun outside noise sa everest namin.
    pansin ko rin sa everest mas nag "tumatabingi", yun parang nag titilt yun car, when im heading sharp curves at about 30 to klm... (mabilis ba? hehehe.)

Parking naman:
    mas nadadalian ako in parking forward sa alterra
    and mas nadadalian ako in parking backwards yun everest

gulo ba?

Interior, cant really comment kasi 2005 pa yun alterra, yun MGA first batches na dumating with the 5.1 sounds option and I heard and seen yun bago na ang dami nang nabago sa interior nun new alterra.

hmmm...
    my choice???
    I'd drive my Picanto na lang hehehehehe :D

I really cant choose between them two...
    Depends na rin tlga sa gagamit and their preference and kung san or panu
    ba gagamitin yun vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Sir Robert,

I know that the alterra is more fuel efficient. In fact, one probable reason why its hp and torque ratings are lower than similarly displaced engine is because the ecu is programmed for economy burn (leaner fuel).

One question though, is your computed fuel consumption based on the experience of just one driver who has both vehicles (only one driving habit and almost going thru the same routes)? If it is, then I bow my head to the alterra. But. if the FC came from two different drivers who have different driving habits and who travel thru different routes, then there are just too many variables to consider. If the 3.0 alterra consumes 12km/L in mixed city/hwy, then it even beats my 1.3L honda jazz which consumes around 10-11km/L mixed city/hwy.

Anyway, just my thoughts.....
    Bro, yes i've driven both of them. I own the Alterra while my brother the Everest.

We are also using them in our family business. We are travelling from pasig going to bulacan (pulilan). Then from pulilan going to Carmona cavite. Then from carmona cavite going to pasig (home) (ave. 190km almost everyday). Namamaneho ko everest ni bro kapag coding ang Alterra ko.

Oo bro, i was actually amazed how efficient the Alterra is. That's why I really like it. Mga kids ko rin gusto dahil naman sa entertainment system. Hindi sila malikot kapag Alterra gamit namin kasi lahat sila concentrated watching movies.

Cheers to all!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last june 2007 I drove my cousins isuzu aleterra. from paranaque then we went to pasig, cainta and went to cam. sur bicol & ligao albay. We only consume 3/4 of the full gas tank.
    One concerns me is the computer box. It is located inside the hood above the right front wheel. What if accident happen? Most often, car damage is near the wheels & front of the car. You will end up buying new computer box which according to isuzu will cost 100k up.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    Last june 2007 I drove my cousins isuzu aleterra. from paranaque then we went to pasig, cainta and went to cam. sur bicol & ligao albay. We only consume 3/4 of the full gas tank.
    One concerns me is the computer box. It is located inside the hood above the right front wheel. What if accident happen? Most often, car damage is near the wheels & front of the car. You will end up buying new computer box which according to isuzu will cost 100k up.
    bro, thanks for the information. Doon pala located computer box. Sa tingin ko sagot naman ng insurance iyon kapag nasira dahil sa accident.

God bless bro!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sagot naman yun ng insurance... many vehicles have their boxes in that area nowadays.

RE: fuel economy... one thing you can say about Isuzus, they know how to make diesels economical... our Crosswind is still more economical than many of the CRDi testers we go through in a year (it's even better than the Innova which is the least powerful 2.5 CRDi out there), but I'd still recommend a newer engine on the basis of smoothness and power, alone.

I have similar observations about the Ford TDCi 3.0 and Toyota D4D 3.0... both are relatively thirsty, at about 7 km/l in traffic. We even got the Toyota down to 5 km/l once... but then, make more power, use more fuel. There's simply no way around it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Everest for me matikas ang porma

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Kung porma porma lng, id say the everest dahil truck tlga, pero kung FC thats really amazing, talo pa civic ko dahil yun eh 10Km/l. Mabigat pa ang alterra sa lagay na yan.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Ford Everest 2008 or Isuzu Alterra 2008