New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Medyo matagtag ang Everest due to the leaf spring rear suspension like the one in your Adventure, and then combined with large rims which makes the ride worse due to less rubber and more metal in the wheels. The Montero Sport has the best ride among the three. Also, the 3rd row seats lack headrests, so it'll be a bit uncomfortable for them. But then, due to the Everest's added length over its competitors, they get more legroom.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Yup, malamig talaga. though di ako nalalamigan sa grandia but still, malamig nga talaga.

with the Eve, minimal body roll lang compared with the Fort and monty.
    Or baka kasi naka-super black lang yung grandia na nasakyan ko? :hysterical:

Di pa ako nakaka-sakay sa Montero, eh. Pero sa Fort, oo. Ayus lang naman although 3.0V siya.

Re sa terrain na hindi cemented, kakayanin yan ng Everest.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    This I can attest to. Sobrang lamig talaga ng A/C ng Everest. I have been in a 2007 Everest, and in a 2011 Everest LTD. and both had ice cold A/C. So far, the car than can be at par with it siguro yung Grandia palang.

Anyway, cons? Lakas ng body roll and matagtag. Yun lang naman especially if di ka naman speed junkie.
    Yup, malamig talaga. though di ako nalalamigan sa grandia but still, malamig nga talaga.

with the Eve, minimal body roll lang compared with the Fort and monty.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Medyo matagtag ang Everest due to the leaf spring rear suspension like the one in your Adventure, and then combined with large rims which makes the ride worse due to less rubber and more metal in the wheels. The Montero Sport has the best ride among the three. Also, the 3rd row seats lack headrests, so it'll be a bit uncomfortable for them. But then, due to the Everest's added length over its competitors, they get more legroom.
    Sir mararamdaman mo lang yung tagtag at high speeds correct? at 80kph tingin nyo po ramdam na yun as compared to the MS?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bosjef View Post
    ok sakin ang malamig ang A/C pero hindi kaya malakas ang kain sa fuel dahil dun?
    Thanks for mentioning matagtag. indi nmn ako magmamabilis pero i will frequent parts of Cagayan valley where hindi sementado at medyo maputik pag tagulan . nadadaanan nmn na ng mga malalakas na jeep kaya mukhang enough lang si Everest. hopefully.. kasi mahal ang 4x4 version nito.. hehe ..
    I see... Baka gusto mo makakuha ng slightly used Everest 4x4 para talagang safe ka. Yung mga 1-2 year old units are still very new and have already gone through the initial depreciation kaya makakasulit ka. The 4x2 Everest should be OK off road thanks to a good LSD. Unpaved roads are not a problem, although the muddy parts maybe you should try to avoid lalo na yung malalim na mud. A relative of mine who lives in Baguio once told me that the big jeepneys in the mountainous areas ay ginawa nilang 4x4 na kaya kayang kaya lahat ng terrain, its also the main choice of commuting transport available to miners in the Benguet area.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sir mararamdaman mo lang yung tagtag at high speeds correct? at 80kph tingin nyo po ramdam na yun as compared to the MS?
    Mararamdaman mo siya sir if dumaan ka sa uneven roads. For example, some portions of EDSA.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Not really. Mararamdaman mo ang tagtag mostly in rough roads. Sa high speeds in the highway siguro you will feel the tagtag kung hindi level ang kalsada, pero hindi naman too much. Yung parang slight boat-ish feeling. Overall, ride quality though not as good as the others, shouldn't be too harsh to the point of being truck-like, especially if you are used to the ride quality of AUVs like the Adventure and Crosswind.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I see... Baka gusto mo makakuha ng slightly used Everest 4x4 para talagang safe ka. Yung mga 1-2 year old units are still very new and have already gone through the initial depreciation kaya makakasulit ka. The 4x2 Everest should be OK off road thanks to a good LSD. Unpaved roads are not a problem, although the muddy parts maybe you should try to avoid lalo na yung malalim na mud. A relative of mine who lives in Baguio once told me that the big jeepneys in the mountainous areas ay ginawa nilang 4x4 na kaya kayang kaya lahat ng terrain, its also the main choice of commuting transport available to miners in the Benguet area.
    Im actually eyeing for the 2009 model. mabigat sa bulsa mga 2010 pataas eh. The thing with 4x4 ng everest is that it is 3.0Li if i got it right. ok nako sa 2.5 lng par amedyo tipid.. Yung navara brute mas mura 4x4 pero pickup kasi. I need a 3rd row na pwede maconvert na pangkargada.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Montero na lang for riding comfort.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Montero na lang for riding comfort.
    niconsider ko rin talaga yang Montero sir. pero ayoko lng nung pintuan sa likod. tsaka sobrang dami na yata ng MS. yung byahe ko sa NLEX kanina binabaretahan ko yung mga umovertake na SUV options ko for one hour (bored lng.. hehehe). 22 na furtuner, 18 na Montero sport and 6 na Everest.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Ford Everest '12 vs Montero '12 vs Fortuner '12