New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol5 View Post
    maybe the rear sway bar adds some harshness in the Everest's ride too.

upgraded to Procomp MX6's on all four corners, and boy Im a happy man.
    Possibly. And that anti-roll decreases rear wheel articulation off-road. If only they made it so that you could easily decouple it for off-roading.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    ^ sir how much did spend for the procomps?
    *tsuper: Procomps MX6 retails around 12K/pair and it's for the rear shocks replacement (not sure if meron Mx6 for front), you can use Procomp ES1000 for the front anyway (retails at 2.5k/ea) HTH

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ^what he said. 12,2 pair and installed. 5,8k if pick up lang.

May MX6 din for front, pero its self adjusting na unlike sa rear na meron adjustment knob.

ES1000 currently not available sa Rides.

Sorry OT. BTT

The sway bar is a big factor too on the Everest's handling, kaya hindi ko to ma uninstall sa rig ko.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the clarification errol5!
    Anyway para di OT, sa Everest syempre ako

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Anyway para di OT, sa Everest syempre ako pero tempting yung Monty na non-vgt..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Everest is most spacious, but the third row is not that comfortable. It's easy to see from the pics how close the seat is to the floor... which means you've got your knees in your chest. The Fort has the best seating position in the third row, and the best third-row cushions, but as you can see... absolutely no legroom. Your knees will be poking the second row riders in the back. The Montero, in the middle, is the best...

That's having ridden in all three third rows.

The Montero's second row is the narrowest, and if you recline, the wheel wells poke in your back. But this is not a deal-killer for me... as the ride comfort is still the best.

The Montero has the best ride comfort of the three, even compared to the 2012 Fortuner. The 2012 Fortuner is better than before because they increased the thickness and density of the foam in the second row seats, but it's still not as good as the Montero. The Montero's ride only becomes bad in the third row. The Everest has the worst ride of the three... thanks to those 18" rims. Without the big rims, it's similar to the Fortuner or a little bit better. The Fort, on the other hand, is just plain stiff. It rides like a skateboard over gravel and cobbles.

-

The size of the pillars does not tell you how strong the car is. This is because manufacturers use different grades of steel. Thick pillars of mild steel will not be as strong as thin pillars of high-strength steel.

The Montero is based on the Strada, which has a four-star EuroNCAP crash rating. So even with the "thin" pillars, it's not too bad.

That said... I like the Everest's engine package the best. The 140 hp 2.5 is well-suited to the size of the vehicle, and doesn't have sudden surges of speed like the 178 hp 2.5 in the Montero. And the 3.0 is just perfect... though the Fort 3.0 is just as good. And the Everest does handle well, though I think the Fort is just about as good, though the steering is numb.

The Montero has the worst handling... but that's not saying much. It is more stable over rough roads at speed than the Fort or Everest, and the long-geared steering makes for easy going on the highway.

thanks for this informational comparative review sir niky. will take note of this.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post
    Anyway para di OT, sa Everest syempre ako
    Everest din ako! Love your own hehe.

Pero seriously, sa Montero ako if GTV, Fortuner kung 3.0D4D, if not, sa Everest ako lalo na yun 3.0, sadly 2.5 yun sakin pero very satisfied naman, it never let me down on my Laguna-Manila trips. my 2cents

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Patulong nmn po..

I am eyeing for a Ford Everest and have been studying its specs and comparing it with its counterparts Montero Sport and Fortuner. Mitsubishi Adventure is also in the comparison table due to its cost difference and some bench marking as well.

My concern is that whenever I see the Max Power (Ps/rpm) and Max Torque (N-m/rpm) I am practically clueless on their significance. I know these unit abreviations and I can google their true essence but I would prefer answers coming from people who really felt the figures' differences when applied to driving and engine capability/reliability.

Eto po screen shot of the comparisons and I am hoping you can help me interpret them. You can go technical if deemed necessary but no rocket science please. LOL!

Gracias!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    To be simple, the higher the horsepower and torque, the better.

The Montero Sport is the fastest among the vehicles you listed, thanks to its VGT engine. If you're looking for a truck-based sub-2M SUV and performance is your priority, get either a Montero Sport or a Fortuner 3.0V. While the Montero has higher horsepower figures over the Fortuner 3.0 (178 hp vs 163 hp), the Fortuner's larger engine feels like it pulls harder, especially once the turbo spools.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    displacement. Lahat sila 2.5L

max power = max horsepower.
    max torque = max twisting force

torque is the grunt that gets things moving, and horsepower is the force that keeps things moving.

SO, HP affects your top speed, Bigger value HP, higher top speed.
    Bigger value Torque, more powerful launches.

Lower RPM to arrive at those maximum torque, more fuel efficient at stop and go traffic.
    Lower RPM to arrive at max HP, lesser top speed

so, in traffic. Everest is better. 330 N-m at 1,800 RPM.
    in highway. Montero is better at picking up speed.
    Overall..
    Montero
    Everest
    Fortuner
    Adventure.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Ford Everest '12 vs Montero '12 vs Fortuner '12