New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since pamilyado ako at madalas magtravel sa province...between the two, I'll choose Fortuner...make it 3.0D 4x4....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski
    guys help naman po. tanong ko lang kung ano pros and cons sa dalawang ito.
    im currently driving mazda6 kaya mas type ko sana yung maganda handling and cornering . im terms sa hatak alin mas malakas? siguro early bext year ako kukuha nito. sa comfortability ano mas masarap drive sa dalawa?
    Among the two SUVs, the Escape will have better on-road dynamics.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Escape will drive better than the Fortuner.

The Fortuner drives very well for a big truck, but you can't beat physics... it's almost two tons heavy and has dual-purpose truck tires, which means grip is low. Good (somewhat) handling plus low grip equals fun in my book, but most people don't like it... and it's not a good combination on a truck this high off the ground.

The Escape 2.3 NBX or the Mazda Tribute 2.3 are the best buys of the Escape/Tribute line. The V6 is a certified guzzler, and I haven't met many owners who've felt the extra power was worth it. They'll drive better than the Fortuner, handle better, and ride softer. The Fortuner may have more space and off-road ability, but if you aren't going off-road, you don't really need it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have rode on both of these vehicles. The Escape in the US and the Fortuner our vehicle here. I noticed the Escape does have body roll almost like a Fortuner. Its doors when closed has a sound similar to our single cab L300. The growl of the V6 when floored is music to the ears and it does makes the vehicle leap. My gripe with this vehicle is that it is a typical american vehicle with such ugly looking plastics and interior appointments.

Overall, I'd still get a Fortuner gas if I have to do it again. I like the ride height, which is handy for flash floods during this monsoon season. The gas engine probably needs more low end torque like the 3.0 D4-D. I also used to drive a Civic and I enjoy driving a "truck" like a Fortuner now, which handles very similarly to a car. My gripe with the Fortuner is the blind spots, which I can also say the same with the Escape.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Fortune

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    if you don't need the space go for the escape. i bought the fortuner because i need the cargo space and extra seats.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    imho, you get more over-all value from the fortuner...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz
    imho, you get more over-all value from the fortuner...
    Same thoughts here... go for the fortuner

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Escape! Mas maganda ang design, sa umpisa lang magandang tingnan ang fortuner, masyadong bulky. Escape poging pogi ka! hehehe

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, the Fortuner is very easy on the eyes, and it's not that big. It's just about as easy to park as an AUV (except for that huge blindspot caused by the rear windscreen and C-pillars).

The Escape is a good value, but the one to get is not the V6 4x4 anyway, and the 4x2 2.3 Escape is nowhere near the same price as even the base 2.5D Fortuner.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
ford escape or toyota fortuner