New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    We might buy a new car within the year and im considering both the ford ecosport and the new honda mobilio automatic variants. Both cars are almost evenly priced at 885k and 877k respectively. We are four in the family, i have 2 small kids pa lang. I will use it primarily for city driving only for daily commute to work from pasig to makati with only me and my wife as passengers. Weekends of course when going to malls, grocery, etc. will be used with the kids and sometimes with the lola.

Both cars have 1.5 liter engines so fuel consumption should be almost the same.

Mobilio is longer and bigger and can seat 7 people but dashboard looks so simple and cheap.

Ecosport has a higher ground clearance and has a little bit more upscale feel than the mobilio.

Maintenance should just be the same for both.

Looks wise, this is subjective but ecosport looks more macho while mobilio looks more like a mommy car although it looks very sporty.

What would you pick?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I will pick the mobilio for 2 reasons. 1. Since it is a honda i would have more peace of mind compared to ford, reliability wise. 2. It is roomier and sits 7 people.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I'll pick ertiga. Sorry none of the choices e. Opinion ko lang

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ecosport for me. Big cars nowadays are becoming a disadvantage to drive sa congested Metro plus I like the flood fording capabilities of the Ecosport

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ford Ecosport is indeed a good choice but reliability issues of Ford might haunt you in the future.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Mobilio is not that big.

What I mean is, it's shorter than a compact sedan, despite the long wheelbase. It's also narrower than a sedan. In other words, it's very, very easy to maneuver in traffic... almost like driving a Brio, actually.

It has much better interior room and second row legroom than the Eco Sport. It also drives very well. The CVT is a much better transmission in traffic than the DCT, and the final drive is much, much longer... which means much better highway economy, as well.

The EcoSport is more... fun... in the sense that it's quirky and cute and easy to park (which is about the only advantage of being shorter). Better looking exterior and interior, nicer form factor and ergonomics. Nicer interior materials, too.

I wouldn't buy it for flood fording, however. If I wanted a car for flood fording, I'd get a true SUV or a high-riding pick-up with sealed electronics.

Personally, I would consider the EcoSport Trend MT, rather than the AT. Still not sold on DCTs. But if you actually need extra space for cargo, the Mobilio is a nifty vehicle. and a great alternative to a sedan or hatchback, if what you really wanted was a seven-seat station wagon.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Mobilio is not that big.

What I mean is, it's shorter than a compact sedan, despite the long wheelbase. It's also narrower than a sedan. In other words, it's very, very easy to maneuver in traffic... almost like driving a Brio, actually.

It has much better interior room and second row legroom than the Eco Sport. It also drives very well. The CVT is a much better transmission in traffic than the DCT, and the final drive is much, much longer... which means much better highway economy, as well.

The EcoSport is more... fun... in the sense that it's quirky and cute and easy to park (which is about the only advantage of being shorter). Better looking exterior and interior, nicer form factor and ergonomics. Nicer interior materials, too.

I wouldn't buy it for flood fording, however. If I wanted a car for flood fording, I'd get a true SUV or a high-riding pick-up with sealed electronics.

Personally, I would consider the EcoSport Trend MT, rather than the AT. Still not sold on DCTs. But if you actually need extra space for cargo, the Mobilio is a nifty vehicle. and a great alternative to a sedan or hatchback, if what you really wanted was a seven-seat station wagon.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Im not really concerned with the long term maintenance of ford having owned a focus in the past. I just feel the higher ground clearance gives it a slight edge over the mobilio with the flooding we have in the metro every rainy season. However, the extra space in the mobilio gives it an edge in that area too plus the resale value of honda is definitely higher than that of ford.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    I'll pick ertiga. Sorry none of the choices e. Opinion ko lang
    Lol.

Well, its a good choice naman sir.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdude View Post
    Im not really concerned with the long term maintenance of ford having owned a focus in the past. I just feel the higher ground clearance gives it a slight edge over the mobilio with the flooding we have in the metro every rainy season. However, the extra space in the mobilio gives it an edge in that area too plus the resale value of honda is definitely higher than that of ford.
    An alternative is:

Wag kanalang lumusong sa baha since pwede naman mag pahupa.

If you need space bakit hindi mo po i-consider ang innova?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If its between these 2, I'd rather hang on to my money a bit longer and wait for the HRV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast