The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    very interesting thread and car comparison

I vote for the FOCUS

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    All cars here get you from point A to point B, lets go straight to coolness factor...Subaru Impreza!!!!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Guzzler din naman ang Civic 1.8 AT eh. had two friends averaging 7-8km/l. that's the 1.8S variant.
    depends sa driver na din siguro kasi iyong 3 year old 2.0 s/l namin nasa 7-8 km/l din naglalaro

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009

The trouble with local car owners is that masyado sarado isip natin sa Toyota, Honda. They feel it is the most superior among local car brands. Car owners/ buyers don't bother to look/ scrutinize the car specs, nagpapabola lang sa mga car salesman who lacked technical know how. Try to visit any car dealers, salesman will just sell you the price, payment terms, discount, financing, insurance, accessories. Some of them don't know how to sell the features/ benefits of the products they are promoting. To sum it up, both Focus 1.8AT and Civic 1.8AT are both good and superb cars.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post

The trouble with local car owners is that masyado sarado isip natin sa Toyota, Honda. They feel it is the most superior among local car brands. Car owners/ buyers don't bother to look/ scrutinize the car specs, nagpapabola lang sa mga car salesman who lacked technical know how. Try to visit any car dealers, salesman will just sell you the price, payment terms, discount, financing, insurance, accessories. Some of them don't know how to sell the features/ benefits of the products they are promoting. To sum it up, both Focus 1.8AT and Civic 1.8AT are both good and superb cars.
    i think one disadvantage ng focus is mahal ang 10k+ kms PMS nila compare sa honda/toyota..don't get me wrong we own two mazda (ford ito diba?) and 2009 everest...

baket ko pala nasabi na mahal sila sa toyota at honda?

my brother owns a 2007 1.5AT City ako naman 2009 Vios 1.5AT at siempre mazda 3

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    i think one disadvantage ng focus is mahal ang 10k+ kms PMS nila compare sa honda/toyota..don't get me wrong we own two mazda (ford ito diba?) and 2009 everest...

baket ko pala nasabi na mahal sila sa toyota at honda?

my brother owns a 2007 1.5AT City ako naman 2009 Vios 1.5AT at siempre mazda 3
    The City and Vios are far and away in a different class to the Mazda3.

Yes, the Focus/Mazda3 is more expensive to maintain than the older Lynx/Familia... but the new Civic is also pretty expensive to maintain.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The City and Vios are far and away in a different class to the Mazda3.

Yes, the Focus/Mazda3 is more expensive to maintain than the older Lynx/Familia... but the new Civic is also pretty expensive to maintain.

kung ganun Ford Focus na ako..tandaan natin na ang focus ay gawa dito sa pilipinas..unlike ng civic(diko alam kung saan gawa)..so makakatulong ka sa economy maski konti

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    kung ganun Ford Focus na ako..tandaan natin na ang focus ay gawa dito sa pilipinas..unlike ng civic(diko alam kung saan gawa)..so makakatulong ka sa economy maski konti
    Better yet... owner-type...

I think the Honda City might be locally assembled... the Toyota Vios is definitely locally assembled...

Personally, I'd rather get the diesel. The performance of the gasoline Duratec is generally good enough, but the 4-speed transmission leaves one wanting for more... the diesel is much better in this regard... but it's expensive... and definitely more expensive to maintain (service intervals are 5000 kilometers only, compared to 10k for the gassers).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Civic, City, Focus, Vios, Mazda3 these are all made here in the Philippines.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    thanks for the input everyone. i think mas okay nga talaga ang focus tdci. i computed the total cash out for the TDCi vs. jazz (na kukunin ng sister ko) lumalabas around 100,000 lang ang difference nila dahil sa ganda ng offer ng ford. sana matuloy ko makuha ang tdci. pero since parang mas gusto ko na ang ford, kahit siguro yung 1.8Hatch ok na sa akin.

pero post pa rin kayo ng mga advantages and disadvantages nila pareho.

and also, off topic na, sana meron din maglist down ng overall advantages ng TDCi (yung madali po maintindihan ha, wag masyadong technical terms) so far kasi, ang advantages nya in general
    1. it's diesel
    2. at matipid sa diesel (efficient FC)

although mahal sya, in the long run mas makakatipid po ba ako in terms of fc ng TDCi vs Jazz naman (kasi jazz ang mataas din ang overall rating)? i mean, pwede ba sya iconsider na 'investment' or something like 'bang-for-the-buck'? again this is my first brand new car so malamang im gonna keep this for a very long time with no plans of reselling it in less than 5 years.

thanks much!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Focus 1.8AT Hatch? Civic 1.8AT?