New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Which do you think would a be a better flood forder, the current 2012 Mitsu Montero Sport GLS-V A/T or the upcoming 2013 (3rd Gen) Hyundai Santa Fe 4x2 A/T?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas mataas ang montero. but both still will not survive if the ecu or tcu gets wet.

if you want a vehicle that can it should be an old school diesel with a manual tranny and a snorkel. no electronics.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

old school diesel engine tulad sa crosswind or adventure perhaps.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Diba sabi sa Top Gear ang ECU ng Everest ay water proof? Pwede yun otherwise, go to the second hand market for something old school na pwede

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    Which do you think would a be a better flood forder, the current 2012 Mitsu Montero Sport GLS-V A/T or the upcoming 2013 (3rd Gen) Hyundai Santa Fe 4x2 A/T?

Courtesy of the owners and their posts here.

http://tsikot.com/forums/car-compari...61/index3.html

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When the going gets though... nothing beats an old school like the Land Cruiser, Patrol or Hilux.

On what may be better between the Monty and Sta. Fe (not that i would rally ford them into floods if this can be avoided), the Monty i think is higher in terms of ground clearance. Just look at the ECU and intake locations just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Diba sabi sa Top Gear ang ECU ng Everest ay water proof? Pwede yun otherwise, go to the second hand market for something old school na pwede
    My friend told me (he was with Top Gear before) that an 1st Gen Everest got stuck in a river crossing in Tanay before when the waters began to rise. The owner abandoned it and it took a couple of days before they recovered it. All fluids were changed along with the battery and it was then started and driven right after.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    sa overhangs at departure angles naman ng Everest malamang ma stuck ka kahit pa waterproof ang ECU heheheh kung off-roading, pero kung flood fording nga lang, ok nga yung waterproof ECU nila. :D actually, that should be made standard to all SUV.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    I don't plan naman to do hardcore flood fording/river crossing. I just want to get through the "regular" Metro Manila flashfloods safely so I'm wondering which of the 2 vehicles that I fancy are more able of doing this.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The Montero Sport will be better at fording flood waters in the city but I'd go for the new Santa Fe since it's more suited for city driving and you would appreciate it's features and design 99% of the time.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    I don't plan naman to do hardcore flood fording/river crossing. I just want to get through the "regular" Metro Manila flashfloods safely so I'm wondering which of the 2 vehicles that I fancy are more able of doing this.
    montero will be more suited for floods in the metro. pero hindi naman napakalayong advantage. plus mas mura talaga ang montero compared sta fe. yun nga lang, luma na design, whereas etong sta fe lalabas pa lang. bagong bago

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Flood fording: Montero Sport GLS-V A/T vs. 2013 all-new Hyundai Sta. Fe 4x2 A/T