New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Would the TS be able to afford those 3 said cars ( X-trail, Tribute & Escape ) with his max budget of 320k ?
    Oops!! Why not nalang add the First gen RAV4 on the choices (5 door variant)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Oops!! Why not nalang add the First gen RAV4 on the choices (5 door variant)
    To clarify things, the TS can only afford the late-90's 5-door RAV who also came out with a 3-door model.

But he cannot afford the next batch of refreshed ( i guess, facelifted ) units .

With this, that particular Toyota model might fall as my 2nd choice as the CR-V still looks way better than that RAV4 who on the other hand looks better somehow than the Vitara.

1. Honda CR-V
    2. Toyota RAV4 1998
    3. Suzuki Vitara

;)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Maraming salamat sa mga nagbigay ng input.
    From the looks of it, vitara is already out of the options having a not so comfortable interior.
    The ford escape, xtrail and mazda are also out of my budget.

Thanks for pointing out RAV4.Being a Toyota, mas readily available ba ang parts compared sa CRV?
    Search na muna ako specs ng RAV 4 para mapag aralan.May Airbags na din at ABS ang mga 98 model?

So it will be a between CRV and RAV4.
    At first "hunt", saw some RAV4 slightly higher than my budget.But if ever I go a little higher than my budget, I believe CRV is a better choice. Right?

First choice ko din ang CRV. Looks and function.Well, sana makahanap ng well maintained na CRV na pasok sa budget ko or a little lower/higher.

For those who have driven the 2 (CRV and RAV4), which is better to drive?
    Ano ba ang mas fuel efficient between the 2?
    Which of the two will be a better vehicle if I plan to use them for the next 3-5 years?

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Thanks sa tips . Will do all of these once nakakuha na ng maayos na unit. (",)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nubie_yahero View Post
    From the looks of it, vitara is already out of the options having a not so comfortable interior.

Thanks for pointing out RAV4.Being a Toyota, mas readily available ba ang parts compared sa CRV?
    Search na muna ako specs ng RAV 4 para mapag aralan.May Airbags na din at ABS ang mga 98 model?

At first "hunt", saw some RAV4 slightly higher than my budget.But if ever I go a little higher than my budget, I believe CRV is a better choice. Right?

First choice ko din ang CRV. Looks and function.Well, sana makahanap ng well maintained na CRV na pasok sa budget ko or a little lower/higher.

Which of the two will be a better vehicle if I plan to use them for the next 3-5 years?

Thanks.
    Crv for me.. Feeling ko ang liit ng RAV4.. and mas magandang pormanhan din...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    1st gen CRV. it has More interior space and better suspension than the 1st gen rav4.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nubie_yahero View Post

Thanks.
    CR-V pa rin ako. Looks are better than the RAV which is quite dull looking and parts wont be a problem since it's also readily available. Baka nga mas marami pang parts yung CRV vs. RAV kasi medyo " rare " yung 1st gen rav4's nowadays compared to the CRV.

Pampagana lang ...

compare mo naman yan dito ...

:bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I vote for RAV mas matibay and mas ridgid kesa CRV, pero mahirap maghanap ng RAV na 5 doors kung meron man mahal then A/T pa hanap mo good luck. Sa CRV dami ka choices...

As for Vitara, nagkaroon ako nyan... malakas nga sa gas M/T pa sakin ah... pero matibay almost maintenance free pang ilalim at maganda pang off road. Naging problema ko lang dyan door trim yung upholsthery na bibiyak parang nag si- shrink pag katagalan and dashboard maingay parang may kumakalog pag malalim na lubak pero madali lang naman ayusin yun.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Vitara is very old, cramped, thirsty and slow. Its not worth it for me. Though its offroading capabilities are truly superb as its mainly rear wheel driven, has a ladder frame chassis and low range 4x4 transfer case (tama ba?). But the Suzuki Grand Vitara would be more worth considering. I'm sure there are units that will fit the TS's budget (or if he is willing to add a bit more). The Grand Vitara has a stronger 2.0 inline 4 or 2.5V6 engine, the offroad capabilities of the Vitara and rather good looks too (subjective). And I'm sure it will last longer than the CRV or the Rav4. Other than that, I'd take the CRV. It seats 6 people, has a good performing (but thirsty) engine and interior space is fine unlike in the Rav4.

Here are some: http://www.ayosdito.ph/2002+suzuki+g...x4-1806083.htm
    http://pasay.olx.com.ph/suzuki-grand...-iid-162387232
    Last edited by GTi; April 16th, 2011 at 11:21 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Thanks sa lahat. Medyo natagalan sa pag reply. Anyway,I increased my budget and obtained a fresh 03 CRV .
    I liked the roomy interior and power.Normal ba na medyo matigas ang suspension?
    Nag manual na ako dahil sa lakas ng consumption ng 2nd gen lalo na kung automatic pa. Pinag driving school ko na lang wife para masanay sa manual shift. Sana makuha agad ni misis yung efficient driving style.

I have a question para sa lahat ng may 03 model. I drive 20km everyday, back and forth,
    ( 5 kms dun, city driving )
    Mas nakaka tipid ba ako sa petrol kung in between 1100-1500 rpm ang odometer ko while cruising 5th gear o dapat mag downshift ako para maintained sa 2000 rpm. Medyo winding road kaya hindi ko din gaano binibilisan.

Thanks sa lahat ng mag rereply.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast