New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Ey guys,

I'm planning to buy a new car soon. I've test drive actually the Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sport , Honda Jazz 1.3 and the Toyota 1.5G.

Here's what I need:

1. Ease of Driving. I'm not a great driver & that good in parking. So I need something simple.
    2. Fuel Efficient. With gas prices going up and global warming. I want to do my part and save a few pesos too.
    3. Reliability. I'm not rich so whatever car I'm buying, I'm going to have to live with it for at least the next 8 years or so.
    4. Value for money. I'm not a car savvy so I want something that's easy to maintain and affordable. Don't want to burn my pockets on repairs and services.

Of course, looks and features are extras I also consider.

My quick findings and questions:
    1. Ford Fiesta - I read reviews that it consumes around 7-8 KM/L in Manila that doesn't sound too good... I did notice it revs a lot when I drove it. And is Ford as reliable and has a good resale value like the Japs? Best looking Car though of the 3 though.
    2. Honda Jazz - I liked the driving dynamics and during the test drive I averaged 10-11 km/L in the city so that's pretty good. Though it is kinda pricey for 1.3 engine where the others are 1.5 & 1.6. But does a bigger engine make a big difference for taking me around the city? Also I'm confused on whether maintain a Honda is expensive or not? Coz I got friends who say it's the relative the same as a Toyota and others say it's more expensive. The parts and service are expensive daw. So which one is true??? Enlighten me please! Oh I heard the 2011 Jazz just came out, I will visit again the dealership soon.
    3. Toyota Vios - I like the nice accessories they pimped in the Vios 1.5G. However, I feel the driving position isn't as good as the other two, the rear view mirror is kinda low and it gives me a blind spot towards the upper right view. But the interiors show refinement and class. Also, I feel Vios is a safe choice knowing that is being a Toyota. However, Driving one can't help but feel that no matter how pimped up your Vios is, there are a lot of Vios taxis going around. In contrast, being a popular choice as a taxi means, it's built like a tank and maintaining one shouldn't burn a hole in one's pocket.

So what you think guys? My top picks are either Jazz or Vios though. I will have to think long and hard on this. But I'd like to here your views as well.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Guys sorry I forgot to place Vios hehe I meant to say Toyota Vios 1.5G

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    Guys sorry I forgot to place Vios hehe I meant to say Toyota Vios 1.5G
    Of the top 2 choices that you have, i'll suggets the Vios 1.5G. Hindi namna yan mukhang taxi kasi 1.5G yan. Plus you may need the trunk space later on. But if you prioritize looks, get the Jazz. Maintenance of the 2 are affordable naman. Just my 2 cents of advice. Good luck on your choice.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; March 18th, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    New Jazz. Mas versatile cargo space. Matipid maintenance ng Jazz since every 6 months or 10,000kms PMS, spark plugs every 5 years or 100,000kms. Kung city driving lang naman walang problem sa 1.3 and kahit mabigat dala ko parati nakaka 11 to 12 kms per liter pa din ako consistently.

BTW sir Ayaw niyo sir yung new accent?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    bro; vios 1.6G AT owner here..yes matipid ang vios but not fun to drive..
    fiesta kana or jazz..but if you're looking on practicality then vios kana..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Ayaw ninyo nang Hyundai Accent?
    More elegant looking and nice reviews too.
    About the same price range sa mga choices mo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ford Fiesta 1.6L - looks great, has lots of toys but interior too small in the long run. Realistically, it seats four only. Personally, I prefer the Mazda2 over the Fiesta.

Honda Jazz 1.3L - versatile and roomy interior. Handles well and fun to drive. Generally economical to do regular PMS.

Toyota Vios 1.5G - given that it's used for taxis, you are guaranteed that replacements parts (new, replacement and surplus) will not be a problem. As common as ants. Driving feel can be dull or lifeless. Practical car.

My opinion is to go with the Honda Jazz. But if you can find extra budget (around P60,000 more), I would suggest the Jazz 1.5L A/T. Fuel economy is about the same (10km/L) but you get more engine power (20hp additional), better looking wheels, power side folding mirrors with signal lights, etc.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 18th, 2011 at 05:37 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Yung new 1.5 jazz tinanggal na nila yung power side folding mirrors nagdagdag ng USB tapos may price increase. Meron na din fog lights and USB. Medyo mapapa isip ka na din ng ibang brands since P857,000 na yung top of the line model.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Then, I'd get the base Civic instead.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Its all about priorities when picking cars...

The way I analyze you I think you would be best suited with the Vios... Or if you like a hatchback, the Yaris since pareho lang sila ng Vios...

I have a Yaris and since I feel you value fuel economy a lot 12-13km/L (manual) in city driving, comparatively my Fiesta (dual clutch) on the same route gets 10.5km/L...
    Last edited by tidus1203; March 18th, 2011 at 05:55 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
First Car Dilemma. Honda Jazz 1.3 vs Toyota 1.5G vs. Ford Fiesta 1.6 Trend