New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Let's rank this once and for all for the top 5 (or more if you feel like it, mas ok) most fuel effecient car available in our market today. Kindly state fuel mileage, car model (if manual or AT), price if possible or/and any other info.

Most fuel efficient cars in our local market:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Honda Jazz/City CVT 1.3L iDSI. Even My 1.5L VTEC City Does 12km/L City Driving

Baka maging champion ang ford focus na diesel. I haven't seen one here though. Even I have not tested it.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, mas matipid pa yung Hyundai Accent/Getz... smaller engine.

The Focus TDCi demonstrated 16.35 km/l in a "simulated" city run alongside a H**** C**** 2.0 at Subic. The 2.0 MT H.C. only got 6 km/l on the same run.

The controls for the test were very straightforward... the fuel tanks were disconnected, and the fuel rails were connected straight to a hood mounted fuel tank to prevent any cheating or inaccuracy in readings.

During the media event, they achieved 20 km/l in the stop-and-go low speed Subic Freeport area.

This points towards a probably average of 13-16 in metro traffic. I believe the Accent/Getz are capable of 20 in traffic.

Of course, the only sure way to do this test is on a closed course in controlled conditions. I have little faith in fuel economy runs. For one... too little fuel is actually used for the short eco-runs for accurate gauging, and for another, driver-to-driver differences can cause a ton of difference in recorded economy. During the Honda runs, we've seen a range between 14-29, with many falling around 23, in traffic. Thus, I don't put much faith in the DOE tests, because a freak driver (say, Paul Tiglo, who holds the record for Honda's Eco-runs at 40 km/l...) can make one car stand out above the rest.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    almost all diesel CRDi ngaun fuel efficient and cost effective.

if you want a gasoline that has that factors, small cars up to compact sedans lang talaga.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Diesel sedans

1. Hyundai Accent // 1.5 li CRDi VGT // m/t // 38.70 km/li* //
    2. Hyundai Getz 1.5 li CRDi VGT m/t // m/t // 24.22 km/li*
    3. Ford Focus 2.0 li CRDi VGT // m/t // 14.49 km/li**//

Gas sedans

1. Toyota Vios (1st gen)// 1.3 li VVT-i (2NZ-FE) //m/t // 16.8km/li***//
    2. Toyota Vios (1st gen)// 1.5 li VVT-i (1NZ-FE)// a/t // 15.34km/li****//
    3. Honda City // 1.3 li - i-dsi // m/t // 12.5*** kmli
    4. Honda Jazz// 1.3 li - i-dsi // a/t // 13*** kmli
    5. Honda Jazz// 1.5 li - VTEC // a/t // // 17*** kmli (highway only)

* C! Magazine July 2006 pages 59 , 66-67 (Accent)
    **Motioncar's Review
    *** C! Magazine Buyer's Guide
    ****Motioncar's Review

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    People, pls try to rank din yung Alto, Picanto, Yaris, etc. I heard fuel efficient tong mga to.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sir niky, talagang enemy car ang h**** c**** ha. pag dating ng december hindi lang frod ang makakaganti nyan. pati mga mitsu fan boys. ay OT pala.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thebat View Post
    People, pls try to rank din yung Alto, Picanto, Yaris, etc. I heard fuel efficient tong mga to.
    re: Yaris

Both the new Vios and Yaris use the same engines carried over from the 1st gen Vios which is also the same engine from the Echo. Yaris comes only with the 1.5li 1NZ-FE. While the new Vios comes with either 1.3li 2NZ-FE and 1.5li 1NZ-FE. The fuel consumption rate from the 1st gen Vios is a good benchmark on what kind of fuel mileage these vehicles can attain.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Yaris and new Vios should have excellent fuel consumption in real-world driving. There's a good reason Toyota didn't change the engines. In our magazine test, Carlo et al managed a hardly believable 29 km/l on the NLEX. Since we didn't have a VBox at the time, we couldn't confirm it (and can't publish it), but it's still an excellent result.

In common driving, I expect the 1.5 to get between 10-14 km/l in light city traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    sir niky, talagang enemy car ang h**** c**** ha. pag dating ng december hindi lang frod ang makakaganti nyan. pati mga mitsu fan boys. ay OT pala.
    Hehehe... word is, H**** was pissed that Ford used their car, but it's a fair comparison.

A lot is riding on the new Lancer. I can't wait for that test-drive.

A better comparo would be the 1.8, but Ford wanted to highlight the fact that the TDCi could go toe to toe with the fastest 2.0 available and still give terrific mileage. To be fair, the HC is still much faster in a straight line, and is probably faster on a racetrack with wider turns.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sir niky, pasama sa test drive ng 08 lancer. lugi naman ako kung si drey lang nag nakasama sa wtc.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top 5 Most Fuel Efficient Cars?