New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung kaya maghintay hanggang next year go for the Jazz. As expected though, Honda is not known for giving discounts compared to Ford. Pero IMO either of the 2 choices won't get you wrong. I had an '09 Jazz but also wanted the FOFI when it first came out.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Concept-wise, it's great! Ford's 1.0 I3 engine has been receiving a lot of international accolades.

Now the problem with reality is that it's priced at Php 898,000. Seriously.... 900 grand for a subcompact car that has a miniaturized engine and a turbocharger. You're kidding right? If it was cheaper, maybe I'll go for it. But it's more expensive? Turbochargers aren't what we call maintenance-friendly compared to naturally aspirated engines you know.

In a pure 0-60 run, the Jazz will be faster by a whole second and that's a lot. So unless you're doing 100% city runs in EDSA, you're better off with the Jazz's friendlier pricing. Offset any fuel savings with the maintenance costs that comes with the turbocharger.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    parang specs wise mas feature pack ang ecoboost sa jazz.

Sent from my SM-N9005

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ano kaya masmatibay at less hassle sa dalawa...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Jazz. maintenance interval palang eh alam na sagot dyan. every 10k ang honda. Whereas most brands every 5k. kahit toyota 5k.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    Jazz. maintenance interval palang eh alam na sagot dyan. every 10k ang honda. Whereas most brands every 5k. kahit toyota 5k.
    ang ford po ba every 5k din sir?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    Maintenance interval is a poor way in gauging reliability. For example, you don't really need to change oil every 5,000km.. this applies to mineral, semi-synthetic, and synthetic oils. Of course, this depends on your driving habits.. but seriously, 10,000km is enough.

In other words, gusto ka lang i-taga ng mga dealerships. Either that or consumers are just hard-headed and negligent so they need to shorten the interval just so consumers are "forced" to keep the car in healthy conditions lest they void their warranty. Two sides of the story din yan.. you can't just accuse the CASA of profiting every single time without regard to their customers. You also need to take account that there's a lot of people out there who aren't mechanically-inclined or knows car maintenance 101. In fact, my sister didn't even know anything's wrong with her car until I pointed out her transmission fluid's critically low and that her engine support has broken down. Asked if she knows any problems with her car.. you'll get an answer of "walang problema!" as long as it gets from point A to point B... a lot of people are negligent.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; November 13th, 2013 at 07:04 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Wait for the Honda Jazz next year. Was also planning to get the Jazz or Fiesta. The Fiesta is nice but Ford is a turn off for me. Honda has better quality (IMO). Although Ford lately has been coming out with really great products. Anyway, also wanted to wait for the Ecosport so got a Mirage at 45T discount to tide over until next year. Mitsubishi quality really not good, already found 3 rust spots, 2 in front frame, 1 on wiper.

Honda is giving 25T discount on Jazz this month. Got this info during the Autofocus show at MOA.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Want a turbocharged engine? Accent crdi is an option. But between the two? I'd rather wait for the new jazz coming out next year. By then, maybe some will have a personal feedback on the fofi. But to tell you honestly, the fofi with an ecoboost engine is too expensive for a subcombact.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Yung maintenance interval sagot ko sa kanya sa part ng tanong nya about being less hassle. In terms of durability ill leave that to the brand name and the owner himself. Usually naman nothing goes wrong unless you do something wrong. Haha. Ang problema lang kasi paghindi sinunod yung interval mawawala yung warranty. Kaya plus points talaga sa honda for requiring less visits. Yun ang namiss ko after switching to mitsu for now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast