New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Considering the 3 are priced relatively the same with the cx5 being a bit higher, just wanted to get more feedback comparing the 3.

Sportage has more features than the Sorento. Sorento has more space but still is a 5 seater though. Both are diesel and R-Evgt engines.

CX5 when I saw it sa showroom seems to ride a bit low. Parang I would hesitate more driving the CX5 thru a flooded street than a civic.
    Factor ang flood fording for me but don't really want the pickup type. And, I won't really drive thru knee deep floods if it's a new car. hehe.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd go with the Sorento. Some features we can do away with but space you can not add on a vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I'd go with the Sorento. Some features we can do away with but space you can not add on a vehicle.
    Agree. Not just space but height/ground clearance since flood fording is important for you.

I was in the same situation (had those 3 among my selection, plus a few more within the same price point) and chose the Sorento. Never been happier, and I'd choose it again - power, fuel efficiency, space, height/ground clearance.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sorento ako. The missing features you can add if you feel like spending. Santa Fe level of space is definitely appreciated, and I think you can have a 3rd row added if you want.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ if you NEED a 3rd row then get the 7-seater model. mahirap mag-add ng 3rd row. and even after you successfully add a 3rd row seat there is still the problem of ingress/egress. the 2nd row seat does not fold-tumble for accessing the 3rd row. fold lang siya for the 5-seat models.

otherwise, if you just need a 5-seater, then i highly recommend the sorento. very satisfied user here. although medyo malakas lumaklak ng diesel in city driving (6.7 km/L) power is there when you need it. and the space it offers is matched only by bigger suvs.

my best mileage is 15.5km/L highway at 100-120kph.

cx5 has a high dashboard. if you raise the seat to see over it your head will just be maybe 2-3 inches from the ceiling. imagine what that will do when you hit a hump at high speed. see for yourself. maybe it's just me but that was what i noticed about it. a friend who has one is very satisfied with it, but then he does not notice the ceiling almost hitting his head. he's 5'4", i'm 5'9".

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Considering the 3 are priced relatively the same with the cx5 being a bit higher, just wanted to get more feedback comparing the 3.

Sportage has more features than the Sorento. Sorento has more space but still is a 5 seater though. Both are diesel and R-Evgt engines.

CX5 when I saw it sa showroom seems to ride a bit low. Parang I would hesitate more driving the CX5 thru a flooded street than a civic.
    Factor ang flood fording for me but don't really want the pickup type. And, I won't really drive thru knee deep floods if it's a new car. hehe.
    Sorento din ako. Lalo na yung bago i read sa review na napalitan or improved halos lahat pati chassis nya at maraming pang iba maski mid cycle refresh lang parang all new na. Isa pa with your needs sorento fits the bill. Features? Nakakabulag lang yan actually may friend bought a top of the line outlander with all the toys ngayon nag sisisi sya kasi di naman nya gaano nagagamit features. Ang mahal pa ng top of the line compared sa next lower variant nila. Gwapo sorento fog lamps lang sa harap completo na hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Considering the Sorento really for the space, added height, and power of the crdi engine. Medyo cautious lang on driveability as bigger cars would be harder to drive/maneuver, esp for my wife.

Thanks for the replies.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    your wife will not just like it, she will love it. the sorento drives like a car. sanayan lang yung size, once she gets used to the sorento's width makikipag-gitgitan na din siya with no fear.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ayoko lang sa Sorento LX ngayon, ang liit ng itsura ng rims and medyo off talaga yung likod.

Available pa ba yung pre-facelift Sorento?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The rear of the Sorento looks rather cheap due to the old-style taillights used. It'll look very upscale if replaced with the LED-type taillights of the EX variant. As for the rims... I've never really liked the rims chosen for the Sorento, except for the one in the top of the line Deluxe variant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast