New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I am planning to buy a second hand car before the year ends. Here is my scenario:

Monthly commute (cab) costs me ~6k (Makati - McKinley Hill - Makati)
    Strictly an AT car sana
    Practical in terms of FC (I know ATs are known as gas guzzlers but I'd like to make it simpler kaya gusto ko AT)
    150k budget

Reason for buying :
    1. Security. Medyo praning na kase ko with all the stories on modus ng ilang taxi drivers.
    2. Practicality. Medyo malaki na din yun 6k/month on fare alone.

It will be mainly used on a daily basis (minus coding day) for work. Maybe weekend drive pasyal pasyal.

I'm looking at the Ford Lynx coz after sulit searches I'd get newer car for my budget. But I read its FC is so bad. I personally know someone who has a 2000 AT model, according to her they spend 4k/month for gas (they make sure to fill it with 2k gas every payday) and she says they are satisfied with the car (very silent and hindi daw sill nahihirapan sa maintenance). We know someone selling a 2002 model at 150k, haven't seen the car yet maybe this weekend. I will be starting to view cars by this week

I need suggestions if I am better off looking at other cars. It'll be my first car if ever and I don;t really know much about cars, ayaw ko sana bumili coz I have plans of moving out of the country by early 2015 but the situation calls for it hehehe. My reason for leaning towards the lynx is because of its lower resale value (i'd get newer car for my budget), and my friend's personal feedback.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    although i have nothing against the lynx, its the fuel consumption that is really the con of it.
    also consider the nissan sentra kung AT drive lang naman ang need mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ^ I spent the weekend reading about FCs and some known issues ng mga cars that is within my budget (lynx, pizza pie, and some hondas) and alisin ko na un lynx sa list dahil isa lang talaga un feedback about sa FC.

yun pizza naman marami naman satisfied..marami na din nagpost ng issues nila dahil na rin malamang sa age nun oto..the good news is marami naman parts and mekaniko na pede gumawa/tumingin.

Honda city LXi..ok naman feedback ng users both on maintenance and FC..pero others suggest VTi models na lang daw instead of LXi?

do you have any model in mind about the sentras? hindi ko masyado type ang looks ng corolla (except love life pero hirap maghanap) and sentras..pero baka ndi lang ako masyado naghanap :D

thanks po sa pagsagot.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Of course you factored in the parking expenses,right? Or lucky you if you have complimentary office parking.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Maybe a late model Sentra B14 or Exalta STA B14 will do, at least di kasing lakas sa gas compared sa Lynx AT. Puwede rin Civic EK (96-00) kung may makita ka na pasok sa budget mo. Dagdagan mo ng kunti yung budget, mga 200k, mas marami na options mo.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Of course you factored in the parking expenses,right? Or lucky you if you have complimentary office parking.
    yes po..factored in din ang parking syempre hehe. thanks

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alanis_junkie View Post
    yes po..factored in din ang parking syempre hehe. thanks
    Sa McKinley Hill din ako, pahirapan yung parking unless doon ka sa carpark ng Two World Square. At least, di kasing mahal ng parking sa BGC or Makati CBD. Thank goodness, libre parking sa office ko.