New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    If you will be using it for out of town with your family, you may not want to consider the fort. I don't hate this car, it's jus't no good for a family considering it's bouncy suspension.

Between MS and Eve, FC is very comparable and I think driving habit would make a big difference. If you really need/want a fuel efficient SUV, you might want to consider the Isuzu Altera.. it can go higher than 12km/L (mixed h-way and city driving).

cheers!
    Sir IMO you also might not want to consider the alterra, why? 1st because of it's hefty price.....too expensive for it's looks. 2nd, as what i`ve said, the looks are old, although they changed a lil bit in the front fascia, still, the rear remains the same. The only thing I like about the alterra is the entertainment system. You might also want to consider the Santa Fe ( smoother ride because it's a CUV )

BTT: For me I`d choose the Montero Sport, higher ground clearance, newer look.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Sir IMO you also might not want to consider the alterra, why? 1st because of it's hefty price.....too expensive for it's looks. 2nd, as what i`ve said, the looks are old, although they changed a lil bit in the front fascia, still, the rear remains the same. The only thing I like about the alterra is the entertainment system. You might also want to consider the Santa Fe ( smoother ride because it's a CUV )

BTT: For me I`d choose the Montero Sport, higher ground clearance, newer look.

I agree, Alterra is very expensive but if you will keep this car for longer than 5 years, you'll be surprised how much you saved on its fuel efficiency. Looks, kanya kanya pong taste ito.. for me it's not that too bad and I must say it's not that too good as well.

+1, I'd also prefer MS over Eve... This new kid in town looks very good and the hottest SUV at the moment. Disadvantage of choosing this car is you have to wait for month/s before you can get one...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If FC is the prime consideration, then the 4x4 2.5 MT Montero Sport may just be the right vehicle for you.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    getthe 2.5 4x4 M/t montero sport, the savings of a manual transmission with superselect 4x4 system

2. fortuner 2.5d, looks and reliability

3. 2.5 everest...good 4x2 suv but i like it the least among the 3.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Nong dati lumabas ang Fort gusto ko siya, then lumabas naman itong si Monty gusto naman siya kaysa fort, now lumabas naman itong si Eve lalo na ng makita ko sa Sta. Lucia Grand Mall, mas lalo kung nagustuhan hindi lang style, design, performance, durability lalo na sa safety at mga features grabe sobrang daming features. May lagayan ng laptop, plug yong Ipod at remote cellphone ng Mas gusto sa lahat si Eve. Mas superior ang performance and safety & comfort, kaya ito na ang bilhin ko. Naka ICE na NAVSAT pa. Yong test drive nila sa lahar medyo torture test yon but I think they made it. Na test ko na rin itong Monty at Eve, mas malakas pumikup yong Eve kaysa Monty. Si fort alam ko mabagal e at bumpy. Hindi bumpy ang Eve nong test drive ko umupo muna ako sa 3rd row at dinrive ng taga FORD libis at hinumps ng hinumps ok lang ang bagsak nya hindi bumabalik yong bounce. Sa rough roads normal lang yong makaramdam ka yanig kc tinatransfer nya yong kinetic force ng suspension sa body. Now kung ay body ay heavier then yong force na nag react doon sa suspension ay lesser, the result will be motion which you fill bounce. Normal lang yong bounce pero hwag lang bouncy. Ang bouncy kapag nakadalawang balik yong galing sa humps. You can try it and it's very simple.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    hi ednettes,

malaking tulong yung opinion mo sa akin, right now kc pumipli ako between monty and eve. pag sa looks both int and ext monty, pero the rest nasa eve ang advantage like power, tire size, sapce, FC. gusto ko lang i confirm na mas smooth ba talaga ang ride ng eve? ndi ko pa kc na test drive yung dalawa, pero kanina nakapag sakay ako sa eve na naka start ang engine, i can feel the diesel engine vibration while seating at the 2nd row, compare sa fort na nasakyan ko quite talaga ang engine nya ndi mo nafefeel yung vibration, about the ride ndi ko masasabi kc fort palang ang nasasakyan ko.

thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt View Post
    hi ednettes,

malaking tulong yung opinion mo sa akin, right now kc pumipli ako between monty and eve. pag sa looks both int and ext monty, pero the rest nasa eve ang advantage like power, tire size, sapce, FC. gusto ko lang i confirm na mas smooth ba talaga ang ride ng eve? ndi ko pa kc na test drive yung dalawa, pero kanina nakapag sakay ako sa eve na naka start ang engine, i can feel the diesel engine vibration while seating at the 2nd row, compare sa fort na nasakyan ko quite talaga ang engine nya ndi mo nafefeel yung vibration, about the ride ndi ko masasabi kc fort palang ang nasasakyan ko.

thanks
    advise ko lng sayo tingnan m muna ung mga service center at service advisor ng ford (ford quezon ave. and ford balintawak).
    try mo rin, magtanong ng parts sa ford ( mostly hndi available).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt View Post
    hi ednettes,

thanks
    Sakay ka sa fortuner tas balik ka sa tsikot, post ka ulit. Baka magbago isip mo. :hysterical:

Tagtag kaya ng fort, nagkalat pa sa kalye, pero okay naman style not bad.

Ford Everest 2009 & Montero Sport 4x4 GLS SE M/T :2thumbsup:

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Sakay ka sa fortuner tas balik ka sa tsikot, post ka ulit. Baka magbago isip mo. :hysterical:

Tagtag kaya ng fort, nagkalat pa sa kalye, pero okay naman style not bad.

Ford Everest 2009 & Montero Sport 4x4 GLS SE M/T :2thumbsup:
    renzo there's no Montero Sport 4x4 GLS SE M/T variant, just A/T.. 4x2 2.5 GLS has the M/T variant...

What i like about the 2009 everest is the good looking '18 inch rims pero same old boxy body pa rin, its the 2nd facelift since the everest was introduced in the market..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    for me, try to go to ford, toyota and monty dealers and have a drive test yourself. ikaw rin kasi makakajudge nun kung alin ang mas magandang ride. but anyway, in my opinion, i go for everest kasi everest owner ako.. so far wala pa naman akong reklamo about ride comfort and most specially sa space... mas maluwag yung third row compare to the two.. saka maganda na rin ang look ng bagong everest and not that costly compare to fort and monty..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
FC: montero 2.5 vs everest 2.5 vs fortuner 2.5