New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Chief's,

Is it possible for me to have a family vehicle worth 150K only (maybe 170k max)? We're 6 in the family and my existing car doesn't fit my growing kids anymore. I've been looking at Spacewagons and Delica's which I think would fit my "Cute" budget. Though i've already considered the Liteace, Vanette and FX, but I'm very concerned on the overheating issues and gas guzzling (except on the FX diesel) features of those vehicles.

Hoping to hear suggestions from you, Sir's! More power!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Naku bro mahirap yan... Mga Liteace and Vanette mahirap kasi napaka underpowered at malakas pa sa gas. Diba ang Space Wagon 5 seater lang? It looks like the Tamaraw FX is the safest choice to get. The Delica is a good car. Its roomy, powerful and has amenities you wouldn't find in any other car at this price range. BUT get this only if you are 101% sure about the quality of conversion. Among the converted vehicles that had accidents related to conversion quality, quite a huge percentage were made up of Delica's.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Pwede ring mga old vans like L300 versa-vans of Hyundai Grace...6 persons, yakang yaka! You can find 100k to 190K depending on the year model and condition...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    L300 would be your best bet. Easy to maintain and parts are easily available. Just make sure it has no overheating problems and not yet blow-by. Yung naalagaan talaga. Although that would be difficult to find since mostly is for business consideration.

Engine overhaul 30K more or less ihanda mo. Ipon-ipon pa if ever para may pang-repair agad nung mga dapat ayusin.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    nung pumunta kami baguio gamit namin lite ace wala namang over heat at tama lang ung lakas niya

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    from my understanding, liteace is not really underpowered. but because of its gear ratio, it is slower compared to other vehicles during its tiime.

they say it has a lot of torque which is suitable for heavy loads.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sotel View Post
    nung pumunta kami baguio gamit namin lite ace wala namang over heat at tama lang ung lakas niya
    Which engine does your Liteace use? Is it the 1.5L carbureted 5K engine? If this version is going to drag around 8 full sized adults with their stuff I'm positive it can hardly climb a slope.

*TS: As suggested, you may consider the Hyundai Grace. It is basically a rebadged LWB Mitsubishi Delica so it is much better than getting an L300 which is the Delica's direct predecessor.

Or, you may consider getting the Kia Pregio. It is basically a passenger van version of the current Kia K2700 with the same platform and engine. This is much more modern and more refined as compared to any of the abovementioned choices since Kia fielded this to compete with the Starex. I can vouch for its ride comfort since my late great grandmother really preferred riding the Pregio and my grand-aunt (her side of the family takes care of our great grandmother) bought three Pregio's for her, one in 1996 then another in 1999 and the last in 2002 (she died 2005) as they have a habit of changing cars once every three years. Ayun na that's from someone in her 90s ha! Late 90s models will fit your budget.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yup...L300, Grace, and Pregio magandang choices for your budget...On my own opinion, based on overall performance, Pregio and first sa list tapos Grace then L300...Maganda ride ni pregio kasi kung hindi ako nagkakamali, coil spring ang rear suspension nito compared sa leaf ng Grace and l300...so kung ang primary use ni TS if for people hauling, the best ang pregio...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With those choices at that budget, expect to be repairing quite a good number of things after buying the car. I'd look more at a Tamaraw FX or Space Wagon.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hindi pa kasya ang budget for revo or adventure?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Family Vehicle Worth 150K