New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hello sa lahat! Help nyo naman ako mamili ng car for our family here in Doha. Manganganak na si misis soon and we're living here. Having said, comfort and safety are my very top priority. With decent space na din for strollers, other stuff. I would like to give them that feel na relax sila with comfortable ride.

Sedan
    I consider sedans kasi yung mga bagong sedans ngayon would have features na din ng mga SUV's/ CUV's/ MPV's. Plus hindi mahihirapan si misis umakyat baba, mas mura sa SUV at hindi under powered. Kaya lang biggest concern ko dito is baka hindi enough ang space if kailangan namin maglagay ng strollers, other baby stuff kapag namamasyal. And isa pa baka eventually kapag maglilipat kami ng gamit kapag lumipat ng bahay. Pero isa or dalawang beses lang naman mangyari ang lipat-bahay. I also don't know if mas safe ba o hindi sumakay sa isang sedan.

Below are my options, but open for suggestions:
    Camry, Altima, Accord, Optima, Mazda 3, Mazda 6

CUV
    One of the reasons I am considering this type of vehicle is the height. I'm not sure if tama ako na kapag mas mataas ka, mas safe ka and mas comfortable at hindi matagtag. Gusto ko din itong mga ito dahil mapoporma na sila ngayon. Maganda na itsura nila. Kaya lang, baka lang di ako sure if mas comfortable sila compared sa mga Sedans na nabanggit ko and as well sa mga totoong SUVs. And mostly 1.6, I think under-powered sila? Baka overall, mas ok pa mag Sedan? Basta maganda ang ride, hindi matagtag at comfortable, ok ako dito kahit medyo underpowered since mas tipid naman sa gas.

Kicks, Renault Duster, EcoSport

MPV/SUVs
    No doubt this would give you comfort and safety. It gives you speed and porma as well. I just think that the real SUV's are so big and expensive for us. Also, baka mahirapan si misis mag akyat-baba. Hindi naman kami mahilig pumunta sa desert, if mangyari man yun sobrang bihira lang siguro kaya yung offroad nya di magagamit gaano. Yung mga entry level na MPV's naman, I'm not sure if ok din ang ride and comfort.

RAV4, Innova, Monterosport, CRV

Other small considerations:
    Resale value (we're using the car 2-5 years only)
    Brand new vs Used (people come and go basta maka spot ng slightly used with good price)

I'm just looking to have more insights to help me decide. Alam ko kasi madami na din dito nakasubok na sa ibat ibang types ng sasakyan. Also maybe recommendations and considerations na din.

Thank you!!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Correction - CUVs or compact utility vehicles/crossovers are the likes of the Forester, CRV, CX5, Sportage, Tucson, Xtrail, etc. What you listed (Kicks, Renault Duster, EcoSport) are small utility vehicles or subcompact crossovers. CUVs are unibody platforms with a raised suspension. They drive more like sedans but with a higher ground clearance. They are not like the Asian PPVs (Fortuner, Montero Sport, Everest, etc) which are based off pickup truck platforms.

If you want something that drives like a sedan but with the higher ground clearance plus extra luggage space, then these CUVs are your best bet. If you want to be practical and need seating for 7 people, then the MPV like the Innova is a very good option if you can live with its looks.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Thanks for correcting. I think I'm just choosing between sedan and CUV.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Mas mahirap sumakay at bumaba sa sedan. Kaya dapat ang options mo ay between cuv or mpv. Pero kung ako sa mpv na lang para siguradong enough ang space

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    I have 2 kids and I swear by the advantages of having the trunk accessible from the passenger seats.
    So sedan is a no-no for me.
    SUV is okay IF you're tall enough not be bothered by its height. Of course you will be carrying your baby in and out of the car so consider that also.
    My vote goes to CUV or MPV. If budget permits, i'd go with CUV.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by learner_til_end View Post
    Thanks for correcting. I think I'm just choosing between sedan and CUV.
    since you will use for 2-5years you will lose alot of money with a sedan or cuv. I suggest the montero. you wont lose too much with its excellent resale. also the ladder frame can absorb more impact than any sedan/cuv

lots of baby carriers for cars now. graco car seats are plenty.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by learner_til_end View Post
    Hello sa lahat! Help nyo naman ako mamili ng car for our family here in Doha. Manganganak na si misis soon and we're living here. Having said, comfort and safety are my very top priority. With decent space na din for strollers, other stuff. I would like to give them that feel na relax sila with comfortable ride.

Sedan
    I consider sedans kasi yung mga bagong sedans ngayon would have features na din ng mga SUV's/ CUV's/ MPV's. Plus hindi mahihirapan si misis umakyat baba, mas mura sa SUV at hindi under powered. Kaya lang biggest concern ko dito is baka hindi enough ang space if kailangan namin maglagay ng strollers, other baby stuff kapag namamasyal. And isa pa baka eventually kapag maglilipat kami ng gamit kapag lumipat ng bahay. Pero isa or dalawang beses lang naman mangyari ang lipat-bahay. I also don't know if mas safe ba o hindi sumakay sa isang sedan.

Camry, Altima, Accord, Optima, Mazda 3, Mazda 6

CUV
    One of the reasons I am considering this type of vehicle is the height. I'm not sure if tama ako na kapag mas mataas ka, mas safe ka and mas comfortable at hindi matagtag. Gusto ko din itong mga ito dahil mapoporma na sila ngayon. Maganda na itsura nila. Kaya lang, baka lang di ako sure if mas comfortable sila compared sa mga Sedans na nabanggit ko and as well sa mga totoong SUVs. And mostly 1.6, I think under-powered sila? Baka overall, mas ok pa mag Sedan? Basta maganda ang ride, hindi matagtag at comfortable, ok ako dito kahit medyo underpowered since mas tipid naman sa gas.

Kicks, Renault Duster, EcoSport

MPV/SUVs
    No doubt this would give you comfort and safety. It gives you speed and porma as well. I just think that the real SUV's are so big and expensive for us. Also, baka mahirapan si misis mag akyat-baba. Hindi naman kami mahilig pumunta sa desert, if mangyari man yun sobrang bihira lang siguro kaya yung offroad nya di magagamit gaano. Yung mga entry level na MPV's naman, I'm not sure if ok din ang ride and comfort.

RAV4, Innova, Monterosport, CRV

Other small considerations:
    Resale value (we're using the car 2-5 years only)
    Brand new vs Used (people come and go basta maka spot ng slightly used with good price)

I'm just looking to have more insights to help me decide. Alam ko kasi madami na din dito nakasubok na sa ibat ibang types ng sasakyan. Also maybe recommendations and considerations na din.

Thank you!!!
    Firstly, congrats on the baby!

Strollers and baby bags take up a lot of space. Especially when you still need at least half the trunk for groceries. This is why I'd suggest at least a CUV. You said you live in Doha. Gas is cheap there, right? I'd consider either the Rav4 or the CRV. What are the engine options available there?

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2018
    I think you have a lot of options in your current location. For a small family, any compact SUV or CUV will do, especially since you have no plans of off-roading and probably will spend most of your time in the city. It's easier to get in and out of and a reliable brand should give you the ride comfort, features and accessories that you'll need for your wife and your baby.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Same scenario 3 years ago. We agreed on getting the MPV Mobilio. Strollers and other gamit ni baby sa pinakalikod. Mga bags at baon ni baby sa 3rd row.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Thanks so much everyone! You've been really helpful. Hindi ako nagkamali na nagtanong dito. I might have chosen a sedan already. Clearly the points you've raised are so important. And that's why the sedan is already out of the list. Yes, just like that! lol

Yung mga options dito are fewer in terms of variants, but the "Makes" or manufacturers are quite overwhelming. Siguro sa akin lang. Kasi dito mas afford na natin yung ibang makes and models kasi sobrang mas mura ang sasakyan and not only they are so common, but also prices of diesel and gas are almost the same. Almost wala na din manual tranny dito kaya yung variants are lesser. More on engine and features na lang ang pagpipilian. Around 2-4 variants lang per model. And idagdag ko lang din pala na wala bayad ang parking dito almost everywhere kaya talagang dadalin mo sasakyan mo kahit saan.

You can check this website if you're curious about the prices: Snip Snip
    Last edited by jut703; October 21st, 2019 at 09:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast