New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    pansin ko lang sa mga current altis, madaling kalawangin yung window frame, seen it on some altis we have datailed and my sister has one too, wala pa 1 year sa sis ko yung altis may bumula na agad sa window frame ng driver side, toyota repainted it pero bumalik din now both pasenger side window frames have bubbles, kaso 3 years old na altis wla na warranty. and also the moist headlite kahit 3 beses na pinalitan nag moist pa din. at yung dash board yung part sa taas ng radio awang na.

ok sana lancer kaso ang panget talaga ng corporate look facia.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    pansin ko lang sa mga current altis, madaling kalawangin yung window frame, seen it on some altis we have datailed and my sister has one too, wala pa 1 year sa sis ko yung altis may bumula na agad sa window frame ng driver side, toyota repainted it pero bumalik din now both pasenger side window frames have bubbles, kaso 3 years old na altis wla na warranty. and also the moist headlite kahit 3 beses na pinalitan nag moist pa din. at yung dash board yung part sa taas ng radio awang na.

ok sana lancer kaso ang panget talaga ng corporate look facia.
    Wala naman kalawang yung 2 altises namin pero yup...moist headlights. GRRRR

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sakit nga talaga ng altis yung moist sa headlights. sa amin 3 months old palang yung altis nag moist na yung sa driver side na headlights.

pero overall altis parin ako.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hey, i drive a 07 mitsu lancer GLS and i never had any regrets choosing my ride over the altis E..most often i only run across a couple of similar looking lancers in an hour's drive but the altis, well it seems every tom dick and harry has one like i can count about 50 in the same span of time including those used as taxis and police vehicles (people's car?)... yup i was considering an altis too but after seeing and test driving both cars, the lancer GLS stood out for me . Pound for pound you get more...list price for the manual altis E is 780K while the A/T is 816K whoa!!!!...got my lancer GLS for 723K (list price less 45K disc)..anyways here are the key differences (besides the price) that i used in choosing between the 2 rides, maybe it will help you decide brad!

1. Engine - toyota has the edge because newer design with vvti technology and more hp but who needs more hp in metro manila...claimed to be more efficient and economical but i know more than a couple of altis owners who complain about the relatively high consumption (so nasa driver din).. the lancer engine is older but thats not necessarily bad..older means more available parts , easier maintenance, more reliable
    2. A/T transmission - hands down the CVT with 6 speed sportronic of the lancer GLS compared to the altis E 4 speed A/T..a lot smoother the lancer's gear transition
    3. wheels and turning radius and suspension - the lancer gls comes with 15 inch mags while the altis E use 14 inchers..turning radius of the lancer gls is smaller at 4.9m while the altis is 5.2m..therefore lancer is easier to manuever, more stable at cornering speeds and suspension design almost perfect ..altis rather bumpy
    4. upholstery trim and seats - the altis e fabric material looks kinda dorky (also the matching fabric used in the door sidings..lancer in classy black velour-like fabric for seats and siding..altis seats kinda square looking
    5. dashboard and gauges and steering wheel - most significant for me because thats what you'll be seeing and holding on to when driving..for the altis e, reminded me a lot of the 1993 corolla big body i used to have (it is supposed to be a 2007 car right?)...lancer gls conventional but refresh ing design like the more i look/hold them, the more i like them
    5. rear leg/knee-room - lancer gls has a lot more

Oh by the way the lancer gls comes with driver side airbag, ABS with EBD, all wheel disc brakes, rear back-up sensors in body color (the altis is color black though am not sure if the e-variant has it), and a chromed tailpipe finisher :2thumbsup:

if youre really into the altis, get the 'G' model...the 'S' variant btw is just a dressed-up 'J' variant, the entry altis

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thanks for the info mga sir... i guess am gonna look out for other brands na rin as well and strech my budget a little if needed...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Altis E doesn't have 14" wheels, it has 15" wheels. Also has disk brakes on all four wheels, ABS+EBD, 2 airbags, digital climate control. And it has the best engine in the 1.6L class, fuel-economy wise (Department of Energy certified).

But it is rather expensive at 816K for the AT variant. And it will soon be "laos" because the 2007 Corolla Axio is just around the corner (September I believe).

But the Lancer will also soon be "laos" because the 2008 Lancer is just around the corner.

At the price level of 723K claimed for Lancer GLS with discount, I would take a hard look at the Mazda3 1.6V, which has just been face-lifted. Pretty much same feature set as the Altis E and Lancer GLS - disk brakes, ABS+EBD, 2 airbags, digital climate control. As part of the facelift, the midrange 1.6V now gets HID headlights I believe. For 839K. Oops. It is kinda expensive, come to think of it. But cheaper than a Civic.

Kung 723K talaga yung Lancer GLS, I think yun na yun. 6-speed auto tranny and for the price of an Altis J? nevermind if the looks are somewhat dated.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Compared to ALTIS the Lancer has a better interior and exterior but the new ALTIS shell is coming ang it looks a lot like the 2007 camry kung vios ngaun malupit na what more ung bagong altis pero practicality ill go for the ALTIs

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Current models? Mas maganda ang suspension ng Lancer, pero mas malaki yata ang rear seat space ng Altis. Mas fuel efficient din ang Altis, but I really hate Toyota's automatics. Sluggish, jerky... so-so.

In terms of value, the Altis is a sure bet, but it's boring. The Lancer is good value for money, and it drives better, but dealership service is kind of so-so, depending on the dealership you go to.
    Ditto. Suspension di nagtitipid ang Mitsubishi. Lancers has a rally heritage kaya di nila dapat talaga i-shortchange ang suspension nito. Multilink independent versus the Altis' Torsion beam is no contest. Matagtag ang Altis compared to this but the Altis feels more rigid and solidly constructed.
    The CVT should give you a shift-shock free driving with the Lancer and CVT should compensate for the lack new fuel saving innovations for its engine unlike the Toyota's VVT-i engine and the mechanism of CVT should squeeze out most of the power of the engine.
    In contrast to Niky, i love Toyotas Matics. On the contrary, their manuals i find jerky, noisy and scratchy in their motions. Toyota's matics i find such a smooth operator. It's not like Honda's abrupt when upshifting just to accelerate fast. It's about smoothing shifts and relaxed driving. Downshifts just about the right time without the jerk still.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    iam a lancer owner GLX 2004 ... yup mas malakas makina ng Altis but mas fuel economy ang lancer plus a good handling and madali bihisan dahil mas sportier look ... yung lancer 2005 with the sahrp headlight which we call Ilong .. lagyan mo lang ng eyelids ang headlight astig na ...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    Altis E doesn't have 14" wheels, it has 15" wheels. Also has disk brakes on all four wheels, ABS+EBD, 2 airbags, digital climate control. And it has the best engine in the 1.6L class, fuel-economy wise (Department of Energy certified).
    That must be the Altis 1.6G A/T.
    The current 1.6E has 14 inch alloy wheels and one airbag. All 1.6 liter Altis models have drum rear brakes.
    http://www.toyota.com.ph/cars/new_ca.../fullspecs.asp

Rematch for 2008?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Faceoff: ALTIS E vs LANCER GLS