New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi Guys!!! Can you help me decide what to buy. Can you give me your experience with the two cars mentioned above. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. biased ako eh.... mas type ko tindig ng lancer..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Current models? Mas maganda ang suspension ng Lancer, pero mas malaki yata ang rear seat space ng Altis. Mas fuel efficient din ang Altis, but I really hate Toyota's automatics. Sluggish, jerky... so-so.

In terms of value, the Altis is a sure bet, but it's boring. The Lancer is good value for money, and it drives better, but dealership service is kind of so-so, depending on the dealership you go to.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thanks niky, we have the same observation with regards to the interior space of both cars. Am just also dissapointed with the instrument panel of Lancer because it looks very pale. Very old fashioned. Although im quite impressed with the engine and CVT of GLS model

Am really having a hard time deciding which one to buy since this is my first brand new car and i want my money to worth it....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, it's really up to you. The purchase should be decided by what you need and what you feel comfortable with buying.

But don't limit yourself to these two cars. There are lots of other choices out there! Shop around and look at cars both in the same price range and a little more expensive or a little cheaper. You may find something you like, and, even if it's more expensive, there's a chance the dealership will cut you a deal or give you a discount.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Can someone confirm to me that a GLS-CVT of Lancer is more economical in terms of fuel efficiency on a highway thatn any other automatic sedan..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    here's a good explanation all in layman's terms, complete with flash presentation on how a CVT works, and why it is a revolutionary concept on fuel efficiency.

it also discusses pros and cons of a CVT, like how the auto industry are trying to create a new belt that can withstand high torque ranges.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cvt.htm

for the flash presentation:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cvt5.htm

the altis E is the entry level version of the corolla altis, while mitsubishi's GLS is an upgrade over the GLX, therefore having better interiors and additional electronics. it's a step lower than the lancer GT though (4g63 engine < which is a step lower than the evolution ).

i'd go with the lancer, primarily because i get more and i love CVT.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hi guys!
    sum1 from diamond mtrs told me that chasis of altis is wider and the frame work is better than the lancer. mas lighter daw ang lancer.

but for me lancer gls ako because of the cvt.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Torque,
    Correction lang. The altis J is the entry level of the corolla. Haven't driven the lancer yet but Im so satisfied with my altis with so many options to boot.

I like the intrumentation and the dash of the Lancer tho.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i'll choose the lancer because it is much more performace oriented(well, not much on the engine figure i guess but lots of goodies in it).

but patience is a virtue.

i'd wait for the 2008 lancer this year if i were you. it is a possible civic contender imho. and it certainly IS a good way to spend your budget for a new car.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Faceoff: ALTIS E vs LANCER GLS