New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    down to last 2 choices --- Explorer LTD and Mazda CX-9. Will appreciate comments on the following aspects:

1) fuel efficiency
    2) ride
    3) safety
    4) maintenance (MAZDA vs. FORD)
    5) others

Also, I think that CX9 model is 2-3 years old so I guess a refresh for it should be coming soon?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    1. none, both cars are gas guzzler but that's to be expected. if you can truly afford this car why would you worry about FC.
    2. explorer's ride is slightly better but handling goes to cx9
    3. both cars are pretty safe
    4. depends on the branch of your casa but the maintenance cost is about the same
    5. features and looks the cx9 doesn't come close to the new explorer

yes the cx9 is outdated compared to the explorer but good luck buying an explorer if you don't get it trough ford's inhouse finance.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    1. none, both cars are gas guzzler but that's to be expected. if you can truly afford this car why would you worry about FC.
    2. explorer's ride is slightly better but handling goes to cx9
    3. both cars are pretty safe
    4. depends on the branch of your casa but the maintenance cost is about the same
    5. features and looks the cx9 doesn't come close to the new explorer

yes the cx9 is outdated compared to the explorer but good luck buying an explorer if you don't get it trough ford's inhouse finance.
    agree ako sa lahat. but explorer ako. pag nakakakita ako ng explorer, nakadikit mata ko. cx-9 wala lang e. hindi maganda. pajero na lang or santa fe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1. Explorer is slightly more efficient. Much better on the highway, definitely.
    2. Same answer.
    3. Same answer.
    4. Same answer.
    5. Explorer wins on gadgets, luxury features and spaciousness, CX9 has better driver's seat ergonomics and doesn't make you feel like you're driving a battleship.

They're both pretty good cars... But the Explorer's huge price advantage makes this a no-brainer.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    at that price range... i would get either a pajero or explorer... in that order or preference...

but, if i have an EXTRA 2.7m and i wanted an SUV/CUV... i would choose the mini COUNTRYMAN or my favorite mini (mini CLUBMAN)... just because i like it... it's not practical... but if it is really an EXTRA... i wouldnt care... hehe...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    No brainer. I pick the Explorer.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Pajero is older, doesn't ride as well, has less body rigidity, a less sophisticated transmission and a smaller back seat than many of its newer competitors in the price range.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Pajero is older, doesn't ride as well, has less body rigidity, a less sophisticated transmission and a smaller back seat than many of its newer competitors in the price range.
    totally agree, we check the pajero prior to the explorer, the paj look outdated in all aspects.....surprisingly, we are able to acquire the 2013 explorer 1 week after inquiry, and AFAIK, ours is the 1st 2013 model released by ford libis

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    1) fuel efficiency - maybe the same (if you are at the v6 category, but if you get the explo 2L-ecoboost (not sure if this is available in Phil Market), then you will have better fuel efficiency)
    2) ride - maybe the same, already drive a CX9, so far so good naman
    3) safety - maybe the same
    4) maintenance (MAZDA vs. FORD) - these cars are on the A-class, so maybe the same
    5) others
    - luxury - di ito nabibili, if you have Explo, people will look at you that you belongs to class A+
    - parked it na katabi ang mga big brothers, like exped,Eseries, you fell at home with the muscle cars..hehehe.
    If you have the buying power, explorer would be a better choice.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Explorer. The CX9 is old.
    Signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast