New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Hi guys, i really cannot decide which unit to get. Net of discounts, the explorer is 45k more expensive than the cx9.

Can you please share me your thoughts? This has been on my mind practically for over 2 weeks.

PRO EXPLORER:
    1. Roomy Cabin, even roomier cargo
    2. Powerfolding 3rd row
    3. Panoramic Sunroof, Apple carplay
    4. Rugged yet very elegant look
    5. Looks like a Range Rover
    6. Really have a commanding presence on the road (like it can hold its own say beside a Land Cruiser in the parking lot.)
    7. growing up especially in high school and college, it seems like the explorer has been my personal benchmark of success, and told myself that if i had the money, i too would own one.
    8. probably one of the top 5 cars my clients use. (within the landcruisers, bmw 320s, benzes parked infront of my store)

PRO CX9
    1. Sleek, stylish and "newer" than explorer
    2. Really premium look and feel interior
    3. Reviews say cx9 get better gas mileage
    4. Fancy Heads Up Display and center console
    5. more exotic on the road
    6. YOJIN 3 yr free maintenance
    7. All wheel drive

Profile about me:

i'm a 32 year old fashion designer and college professor in benilde. I need a big cargo because during weddings and trade fairs, as i bring numerous gowns and mannequins, plus two assistants and a driver with me. (on the marketing side, i need a premium car as branding for my clients too, especially when they say i charge expensively lol)

I really cannot decide. please help! I'm terrified over the possibility of "i shouldve chosen the one over the other"

your opinions will be greatly appreciated. thank you!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    prof wait for the new explorer sana. thats what i would do.

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    CX-9 fits your fashion background. ***y vs macho.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by amriluxe View Post
    Hi guys, i really cannot decide which unit to get. Net of discounts, the explorer is 45k more expensive than the cx9.

Can you please share me your thoughts? This has been on my mind practically for over 2 weeks.

PRO EXPLORER:
    1. Roomy Cabin, even roomier cargo
    2. Powerfolding 3rd row
    3. Panoramic Sunroof, Apple carplay
    4. Rugged yet very elegant look
    5. Looks like a Range Rover
    6. Really have a commanding presence on the road (like it can hold its own say beside a Land Cruiser in the parking lot.)
    7. growing up especially in high school and college, it seems like the explorer has been my personal benchmark of success, and told myself that if i had the money, i too would own one.
    8. probably one of the top 5 cars my clients use. (within the landcruisers, bmw 320s, benzes parked infront of my store)

PRO CX9
    1. Sleek, stylish and "newer" than explorer
    2. Really premium look and feel interior
    3. Reviews say cx9 get better gas mileage
    4. Fancy Heads Up Display and center console
    5. more exotic on the road
    6. YOJIN 3 yr free maintenance
    7. All wheel drive

Profile about me:

i'm a 32 year old fashion designer and college professor in benilde. I need a big cargo because during weddings and trade fairs, as i bring numerous gowns and mannequins, plus two assistants and a driver with me. (on the marketing side, i need a premium car as branding for my clients too, especially when they say i charge expensively lol)

I really cannot decide. please help! I'm terrified over the possibility of "i shouldve chosen the one over the other"

your opinions will be greatly appreciated. thank you!!!

Payo ko lang po..

Get the TOTL 2019 Super Grandia... (not promoting for the new hiace model)

Since then kung gagamitin naman for fashion at luxurious....

alternative sa alphard...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    BTW:

Explorer/CX9..

Very common dun sa kapitbahay namin, or katabi ng parking sa condo unit na merong exclusive parking slot..

di kailangan ng magandang sasakyan....

mas luxurious... mas mataas ang maintenance.. ..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Cx-9 all the way...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Since TS is open to the 4x2 option, maybe the CX9 FWD (2.38M) could be another option. There are other options within such price range.

Kia Sorento CRDi FWD (1.9M), AWD (2.2M)
    Hyundai Santa Fe CRDi FWD (2.3M)

If interior space is a key requirement, I would look at minivans instead like the Kia Grand Carnival or Hyundai Grand Starex. They are priced around the same as the Sorento and Santa Fe.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    With all the gear and people you have to haul, you need a lot of space. The big crossovers will still be a tight fit. The practical choice would be a van like the Toyota GL Grandia or GL Grandia Tourer. Take it to the guys who make custom seats if you don't like the stock ones.

It won't command the same presence as a CX-9 or Explorer though. Maybe a V class is a better fit. Quite a bit more expensive at over 4M.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    OT: Vans would be great but it would not fit in the Benilde parking kasi masyadong matangkad.

I had a classmate who brought his Hiace SG and sumabit sa pipes.

BTT: I'd suggest the CX9 based on the criteria and would fit the ramp going to/coming from the SDA parking just fine.

Particular ako sa width kasi naka-scrape na ako ng kanto going up THAT parking ramp.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    OT: Vans would be great but it would not fit in the Benilde parking kasi masyadong matangkad.

I had a classmate who brought his Hiace SG and sumabit sa pipes.

BTT: I'd suggest the CX9 based on the criteria and would fit the ramp going to/coming from the SDA parking just fine.

Particular ako sa width kasi naka-scrape na ako ng kanto going up THAT parking ramp.
    HAHA!! Benildean ka?

I cannot do vans, because on days when my driver is off, i drive myself and I cannot imagine driving a van, it's just too big! lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast