New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Previa has become redundant. For a "few" hundred thousand (around 300K), an Alphard 2.4li can be had already.

The same holds true for the Rav4. It has also become redundant. A few hundred thousand pesos less could buy you a Fortuner already.

Peace Rav4 lovers.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    wala ng Previa sa line-up dahil they will push for the Alphard?
    Oh well, looks like the Previa's we will be having in the future would be coming from Japan surplus... Again. But then most of these are V6 units which is actually better than the underpowered and overpriced Previa here.

Among the previously given options, I'd be stuck between the Fortuner and a Tucson CRDi. Fortuner has a legendary reliability, but if you're not going off-road it's worth to consider the Tucson due to its handling and riding comfort over the Fortuner.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Among the previously given options, I'd be stuck between the Fortuner and a Tucson CRDi. Fortuner has a legendary reliability, but if you're not going off-road it's worth to consider the Tucson due to its handling and riding comfort over the Fortuner.
    Frankly, I'm not fond of the current looks of the Fortuner. So if the family has to choose among the SUV/CUV line-up of Toyota alone, then I'd have to pick the RAV4. Though dated, it hasn't lost its appeal just yet.

However, I still prefer executive sedans over CUVs/SUVs as of the moment. Just don't include the Forester XT. It's a car that no one can turn their backs into.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... what you're buying with that money is the speed and the long-stroke suspension, which make it sure-footed and quick... but the diesel crossovers are now as quick as the Forester XT in traffic, with better transmissions and more torque, while not being far behind in terms of highway power.

-

The Fortuner is an old design. Yes, it inherits the ruggedness of the Hilux, but the interior materials, brakes and fuel system are not proving as durable as in Hiluxes of old.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    The current Sta. Fe looks dated already. For today's buyers, I'd suggest them to wait for the upcoming model if they won't be even considering the Kia Sorento 2.2 R-eVGT.

Going back, like I said my list in order of preference ...

1. Honda Accord 3.5L V6
    2. Toyota Camry 3.5Q V6 ( came ahead of the sonata just because it's the totl variant ... )
    3. Hyundai Sonata 2.4L Premium-package
    4. Toyota Previa 2.4 Q ( white pearl ) -- exceeds the budget by 400k, but a nice car to have.
    5. Hyundai Tucson 2.4L Premium -- 1.690M, iirc. Has a lot of perks and a pushy CRDi engine.

Too bad you guys didn't consider Nissans, as there are a lot of choices to choose from there such as the Teana and the X-Trail. But what can I say, first impressions do last.

And seriously, an overpriced RAV-4? Hehe. No, just no.
    ***y parin ang Santa Fe kahit luma na! Parang OB lang ano. HAHA! Pero totoo, Sorento looks better for me.

Tucson 2.0L R-eVGT Premium - P1.698M. Yun 2.4L P1.598M lang pero sayang sa pera sobrang lakas sa gas e'.

So, my personal choice
    1. Sonata 2.4L GLS-Premium (Clear white)
    - Stunning looks, feature packed midsize sedan

2. Current Camry 3.5Q V6 (Pearl white)
    - I don't like the design of the upcoming Camry. Though this gen is boring to drive. Sobrang tahimik sa loob nakaka-antok

3. Tucson R-eVGT GLS-Premium 4WD (Vanilla white.. seriously. Lahat nalang ng nakita kong Premium e' Bronze )
    - Hindi ko na siguro kailangan mag-comment dito. HAHA

4. Accord 3.5S-V V6 (Black)
    - Sunroof lang at bluetooth handsfee ang lamang nito sa Camry. Good FC though.

5. Santa Fe R-eVGT GLS 4WD (Phantom black)
    - May asim pa ang SF! kaso nga lang mas maraming features ang Tucson GLS-Premium 4WD.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Frankly, I'm not fond of the current looks of the Fortuner. So if the family has to choose among the SUV/CUV line-up of Toyota alone, then I'd have to pick the RAV4. Though dated, it hasn't lost its appeal just yet.

However, I still prefer executive sedans over CUVs/SUVs as of the moment. Just don't include the Forester XT. It's a car that no one can turn their backs into.
    happy owner of forester

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Fortuner is an old design. Yes, it inherits the ruggedness of the Hilux, but the interior materials, brakes and fuel system are not proving as durable as in Hiluxes of old.
    The fuel system seems to be the major issue, I must confess I dislike all that electronic injection stuff that has been too sensible to low-quality Diesel fuel...

Brakes are not that bad at all, but the interior of the older ones was better even being quite poorly-designed...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    The fuel system seems to be the major issue, I must confess I dislike all that electronic injection stuff that has been too sensible to low-quality Diesel fuel...

Brakes are not that bad at all, but the interior of the older ones was better even being quite poorly-designed...
    The first run had rare issues with rear brake failure... Even though it seems to have been freak occurrences, these Asian-spec SUVs, the Montero Sport, Everest and Fortuner, have weak brakes compared to more modern crossovers... The brakes were designed for pick-ups, and are poorly matched to extra weight.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The first run had rare issues with rear brake failure... Even though it seems to have been freak occurrences, these Asian-spec SUVs, the Montero Sport, Everest and Fortuner, have weak brakes compared to more modern crossovers... The brakes were designed for pick-ups, and are poorly matched to extra weight.
    My lolo has a 2006 Hilux with the 3.0 D4-D and never had any issue. About the crossovers, since they're usually fitted with bigger wheels (and lower profile tyres more oriented do the performance on paved roads) it ends up clearing space to fit larger brake discs, for example...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Executive Sedans, CUVs, SUVs