New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'm planning to buy a used vehicle to replace my 2000 Mitsubishi Adventure Super Sport (gas). With a budget of 700,000, ano po sa tingin niyo ang pinaka-sulit:

04 Ford Everest 4x4 A/T
    04 Nissan X-Trail 4x2 A/T
    05 Toyota Innova G A/T VVTI

I'm a very big and bulky guy (6'4"), and my primary requirement is yung laki ng legroom and space for the driver. Next is fuel efficiency and smoothness ng ride.

Most of the time I'll be using this vehicle by myself.

I'm also open to options other than the ones listed above.

I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    for me ... get the xtrail i think it would suit you better tska mas may dating compared sa rest .... the everest is so so but its really slow as a turtle ... then the innova ok naman pero i think youd feel cramped infront when driving but back space is very spacious

i think you should also look for 2nd hand mitsubishi pajero, and nissan patrol new body .. some are around 800k? just stretch a bit or the patrol safari which is in your budget

i suggest if you really want space? then look for 2nd hand ford expeditions these would surely fit your bulky frame, plus budget .. i know someone who is selling his very fresh ford expe 4x4 for around 500k? the 4x4 version has a lower selling price compared to its 4x2 counterpart which is around 500-700k
    ive seen some 4x4 version selling for as low as 350k the eddie bauer version with the bigger 5.4l v8 engine is selling for even much lower around 250-350k

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it is space for the driver, I'd go with the Everest. Though it is as slow as molasses but very useful off-road.

My second choice would be the X-trail. Am not sure though if you can fit comfortably there though.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the replies. Sino ang mas smooth ang ride, X-Trail or Everest?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The X-Trail has a better ride definitely...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    X-Trail... no comparison. The Everest's ride is comparable to an AUV. The Innova has a decent ride (not as good as the X-Trail's, though...) but I find the slope of the front end to limit head room compared to older AUVs like the Adventure.

In that price range? The Starex is nice, but it's kind of wide and bulky. The ride is smooth, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    The X-Trail has a better ride definitely...
    +1. If it's between these two, I'd go with the X-Trail.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by changky View Post
    I'm planning to buy a used vehicle to replace my 2000 Mitsubishi Adventure Super Sport (gas). With a budget of 700,000, ano po sa tingin niyo ang pinaka-sulit:

04 Ford Everest 4x4 A/T
    04 Nissan X-Trail 4x2 A/T
    05 Toyota Innova G A/T VVTI

I'm a very big and bulky guy (6'4"), and my primary requirement is yung laki ng legroom and space for the driver. Next is fuel efficiency and smoothness ng ride.

Most of the time I'll be using this vehicle by myself.

I'm also open to options other than the ones listed above.

I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

I'd just get a low mileage 2000 Pajero -- TDIC, matic * 750k

Everest looks like a pick up with a permanent camper shell.

Innova for one person?

X Trail consumes a lot of gas.

A 2000 Pajero will give you comfort, economy and prestige. You mentioned fuel efficiency and size, that's best for you, methinks.
    Last edited by 1979; January 10th, 2007 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
    I'd just get a low mileage 2000 Pajero -- TDIC, matic * 750k

Everest looks like a pick up with a permanent camper shell.

Innova for one person?

X Trail consumes a lot of gas.

A 2000 Pajero will give you comfort, economy and prestige. You mentioned fuel efficiency and size, that's best for you, methinks.

Thanks. But now at 2007, do you think buying a 2000 Pajero is worth the 700K+? What's the ideal mileage for a 2000 Pajero at this time?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i'll go for x-trail better ride and performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Everest vs X-Trail vs Innova?