New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hi guys...need some help. Which is the better choice? Ford Everest or Hyundai Starex?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    First of all, ano ba ang basehan mo sa pagpili?

- Interior space?
    - Ground clearance?
    - Performance?
    - Fuel economy?
    - Ease of maintenance?
    - Brand prestige?
    - Utility?
    - Looks?

Secondly, how do you plan to use it?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Tough choice! For me any of the 2 with a slight favor on the Everest because it’s an SUV.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, and which models are you referring to? For people, cargo and mixed hauling, I'd go with the Starex. But for more go-anywhere versatility, I'd go with the Everest.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    It'll be mainly used as a family car. I like the ride and the leg room of the Starex. The only doubts I have is its durability. Will the Starex still function well enough in 4-5 years time?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Visit the "Starex" thread in the SUV board for more experiences from owners. I would recommend the Starex for family car purposes. It's very roomy for both people and cargo. Durability is good for as long as you don't abuse it. Our Jumbo Starex from late '98 is still running well, with some TLC from my Dad. And he uses it on a day-to-day basis.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Old Starexes had rust problems, but there's assurances that new ones have better body integrity... haven't heard of rust issues from official (non-gray or black market) vehicles.

They still use what's basically a Mitsubishi diesel block, with bespoke Hyundai heads and CRDi. Pretty reliable, so far.

Only problems reported so far tend to be those due to airconditioning.

The Everest has better handling, great power, and a firmer ride. (The Starex is a little too "loose" for me over wavy road surfaces), but it has less space. I find the seats in the Starex superior, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Matibay naman din ang Starex pero nasa sayo din yun. Depende sa gamit mo.

Hindi naman ako binigyan ng problema ng Starex ko. 7 years=171T.KMS na ang mileage. Alaga ko lang sa maintenance ang Starex ko. Nung na overhaul bumalik sa dati ang performance ng Starex ko.

medyo malayo kasi ang pinagpipilian mo pero mas comfortabe kung Starex ang kukunin mo, at mas maluwag.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I was in the same dilemna 2 years ago, i was already leaning towards the everest kaya lang tagtag yung ride so I ended up with the Starex, no regrets naman

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For people hauling, the Starex is hard to beat. No one would be riding in coach class unlike in the Everest.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Everest vs Starex