New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Once again, thank you for your replies.

Blackraven,

Your suggestion is well appreciated but I really prefer the diesel. Regarding the price, if I'm not mistaken, the 4x4 diesel variant is 1.653M while the gas variant is 1.588M so there's only a difference of 65k.

I plan to use the vehicle for 5 years or more so the 5 yr warranty is a blast.

Nagtanong din ako sa mga buy and sell boys at parang mas maganda raw ang resale value ng hyundai kesa ford. Ewan ko kung totoo yun.

Sir blackraven, mukhang diesel lover po yung original poster!

sorry, late post

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung resale value lang pinoproblema, intay ka lang ng 1 year para mag-sink na sa mindset ng car buyers ang 5 year warranty ng Hyundai.

sigurado hindi na baba resale value neto

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As for resale... that depends on the buyers. The old Everest had poor resale because:

1. It's a Ford. Lots of people think of Fords as junk, simply because of American Ford quality. They don't realize that the Everest, Ranger, Lynx and Focus are European/Japanese vehicles.

2. It was unrefined (fixed, halfway) and underpowered (completely fixed) and a diesel-guzzler (fixed, mostly).

3. Ford resorted to lots of discounts to sell the slow, fuel-hungry old Everest. This destroyed the resale value of older Everests... why buy secondhand when you can buy it cheaper new?

Things should change with the new Everest, but change is often slow.

Regarding Hyundai resale... if Hyundai diesel resale is going up... great!... people are finally starting to respect Hyundai!

--------

I just re-read your posts, Drave... for provincial driving with no serious trail-blazing, the Santa Fe will do. In fact, the 4x2 Santa Fe will do. Unless you get stuck in knee-deep mud, there's not much that will hurt you in the 4x2 on normal roads or dirt trails... and you can still wade out of knee-deep mud with a 4x2, as you can still wiggle out (it's FWD) with some sawing at the steering wheel. It's in a front-engined RWD vehicle that you can get righteously stuck... but then, that doesn't happen all that often, either, and there are ways out of that, too.

A FWD 4x2 is inherently safer than a RWD 4x2 in the rain, since it has the tendency to track straighter in slippery conditions (as one member here, who left snow tires on his car, found out when his car started to hydroplane), while a RWD can spin once it loses traction (as one K.Quintal discovered to his horror some time ago).

-----

Heck, I'd be happy with a 4x2 Everest... simply because it has a rear-axle LSD, which also helps it find traction where other RWD vehicles have problems. And no, it's not like a raised Ford Fiera... the Everest has great steering, a refined (well, for a pickup based SUV) suspension, ABS/EBD and a turbodiesel to die for... that's about as close to a Ford Fiera as a Toyota Prado is to a Toyota Tamaraw...

----

But for comfort's sake... I'd say take the Santa Fe. The Everest is tons of fun off-road, but if you're never going there, why bother?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Santa Fe.

Since you're going to be using it on paved roads for 90% of the time, and perhaps the only off-road work it'll be doing is incidental. And perhaps like what Niky said, you just might need a 4x2. But hey, if you've got the budget for a 4x4, and for your peace of mind, get the 4x4.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sir Drave,
    I'm going thru the pain of decision making myself but narrowed my choice to the SF or Fort. No offense to Everest owners but even with the refinements in looks... i still don't fancy it.

You won't go wrong with either of your choice if you stick with the basic questions:
    1. If you can afford it? ....Obviously Yes, both are Php 1+++ M
    2. Which is best for your practical(everyday) need? ... looks like a comfortable, family ride on paved roads tops your list
    3. Will it suit your emotional need as well? (image, peace of mind, value perceived vs cost incurred,etc)...

For me though...hands down its the Sta Fe!!! (Stylish,refined,nice handling, smooth ride,creature comfort, 5 year warranty)...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    To tell you the truth guys, my first and only choice before was the Forester FXT. It's a very well engineered piece of machinery, goes 0-100 in 6 secs., almost 8 inches minimum ground clearance, rallybred 4x4 drivetrain, 215 kph topspeed, same engine and platform as wrx, 5-star safety rating, etc. etc. But it suddenly occured to me that I have a growing family and the forester may only be good for the short term. Plus there's only one dealer/service center and there's gonna be a model change and possible diesel engine in 2009-10 (can't wait that long). And so the dream must end....

So my best bet now is the Santa Fe which is not so far behind and actually better for the long term.

Parang nagpagulo lang ng konti sa isip yung everest, no offense meant.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    here's another reason to choose the santa fe:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...parking+ateneo

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    puro naman Santa Fe, nakaka-umay na

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Everest 4x4 vs Santa fe 4x4