New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I'm planning to buy a new suv in a few months and after much thought and consideration, I ended up with my basic requirements of diesel engine, 7-seater, 4x4 A/T, midsize, and reliable. My final 2 choices are ford everest 4x4 and hyundai santa fe 4x4. Which has better value for money?

I didn't consider fortuner and alterra, sorry.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    For off-roading, bad roads, provincial roads, etc...the Everest is the only choice. If its mostly for city use, paved road, etc... its still a toss bet. the two.

I'm not sure what kind of 4WD you need, but the Everest has a proper transfer with a low range for difficult terrain. The 3.0li TDCi is said to have the most torque among all locally available engines. Its body is attached to a frame which makes it more rigid (but bumpier)albeit at the expense of cabin space. The long hood would need some getting used to.

The Sta Fe AWD does not have a low range so it cannot be used for more difficult road conditions. The 2.2li engine with VGT has minimal or none of the lag often associated with diesels.

Bet. the two, I think the Sta Fe can carry 7 passengers more comfortably than the Everest. The Everest's third row is really cramped with very poor leg room (width and depth). The Sta Fe has its own third row seating quirks, which only allows access to it through the right side of the vehicle only.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Everest is designed and released only for South East Asian customer.
    Rear suspension is still ancient similar to Sarao jeepney, rear drum brakes pa po sya like Fortuner. Overall, it looks like lifted Fiera na naging 4X4.
    No offence to Everest owners.

SF 4x4:Euro look/design and internationally known model!
    Disk break all around/ independent strut front and multi link rear suspension with Electronic Stability Control/ ABS-EBD/Fold-flat 3rd row seat. And more powerful 2.2 crdi engine.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Looks like you've done your homework well by narrowing the choice down to these two.

If I had to choose, I'd put my hard earned on the Santa Fe

Features wise, the Everest is a bit dated already even with its 2007 variant release.

The Santa Fe is, inside out, so much ahead of its time!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Everest - Ford Ranger SUV version

Santa Fe - Hyundai Sonata SUV version

Take your pick. Neither one of them is a bad choice as long as they will fit your intended usage.

For on-road use, the SF lords it over the Everest, no contest. The 3rd seat of the SF is actually habitable by normal sized human beings.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    All so us planning new DIESEL SUV our choice is Santa FE 4X4 inline4 2.2L Diesel 5speed a/t. Second is Fortuner or Everest. Everest ok na rin bang family car. Ang naglalaban lang sa performance ng mga Diesel SUV ngayon.

For rough road and floods condition choose the Everest 4x4 for best off road driving.

If my dad finalize choosen suv the Santa Fe. It's is Exciting to drive a new SANTA FE. Hey how about the Hyundai VeraCruz?

For us Santa Fe is good and valued for money.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If water fording is your only concern, the SF isn't too far behind. It can comfortably wade in water up to its lower dorsills. Whether the owner of the Php1.5M++ SUV is still comfortable, I can't really say. :lol: Water fording is 50% driver and 50% equipment anyways.

The SF will also work for 90% of whatever you will encounter on our roads today. The Everest will only probably beat it if you INTENTIONALLY go off-road (e.g. trailling).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    my boss and a colleague is in same crossroad ... one is more keen to get the Everest vs Santa Fe after we visited Ford Alabang last week. sabi nya, while SF is indeed gorgeous, the E is also beautiful. he is thinking long term and thinks mas maganda pa din ang E after 5 years

the boss is still deciding mas madali nakapili ang manggagawa hehehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Nagimprove ung harap ng Everest, pero ung likod and sides nya parang ganun pa din. Isa pang panget sa Everest ung mabilog nyang tires. Pangit tingnan parang donuts. No offense pero it's like a glorified FX in my eyes.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    the santa fe is really in another classification altogether. you can't really call it an AUV as you do the Everest.

Asian Ford really blew it for this Everest model. the front end looks ok because it's based on the Ranger, but the rear looks odd like the previous everest.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Everest 4x4 vs Santa fe 4x4