New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    if you really need 7 seats get the santa fe, i rode in my friends everest grabi tagtag compared to the forester kaya ayaw ko talaga yon and the extra seats kahit bata kawawa don. but if you don't need the extra seats get the XT you won't regret it, when it comes to performance nothing beats the XT, plus the boxer rumble is just music to my ears alam mo na agad na subaru ang padating kahit malayo pa. sorry bro GTi pero XT still performs better than the santa fe. performance lang ha, i'm not saying that the XT is a better over all car than the santa fe.
    Its fine, I was just pointing out that the Santa Fe strikes a pretty good balance between the two. In that its extremely efficient, seats 7, and offers good performance as well.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Its fine, I was just pointing out that the Santa Fe strikes a pretty good balance between the two. In that its extremely efficient, seats 7, and offers good performance as well.
    yup, sta fe is another alternative to those two if you want both.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Might be OT but major decisions should be made with all info. Not an SUV and no 3rd row. I read that Legacy wagon will now be sold with non-turbo engine. If price ratios hold it should be P1.5-1.7M. Probably high gas consumption, high price of parts, maybe not the best in power (2.5li w/ AWD). But cars are partly emotional purchases.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Cars are really "emotional purchases". Once you have test driven one, you fall in love. I just did. I thought I'd already settle with a Forester XT, but when I was behind the wheel of a Nissan Murano Z51, it was telling me: "I'm the SUV for you!" Pretty steep price, though. Eto yung "pikit mata" mong bibilhin.

Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    is there a 4x2 3.0 everest? lahat yata nito 4x4.

i'd choose the everest. ladder frame, heavy duty construction. it can punch through a concrete wall if you want to, much less slog through mud on your way up to sagada ( i am, of course, exaggerating here).

the subaru for me is a lot like a lifestyle SUV and the ford as something an american cowboy would drive... somewhat like a starbucks espresso vs. kapeng barako... both serve the same purpose but one is a lot more manly and robust.

more dealers sa ford, more parts from dealers, more mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by jobs View Post
    Might be OT but major decisions should be made with all info. Not an SUV and no 3rd row. I read that Legacy wagon will now be sold with non-turbo engine. If price ratios hold it should be P1.5-1.7M. Probably high gas consumption, high price of parts, maybe not the best in power (2.5li w/ AWD). But cars are partly emotional purchases.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by simply_louie View Post
    Cars are really "emotional purchases". Once you have test driven one, you fall in love. I just did. I thought I'd already settle with a Forester XT, but when I was behind the wheel of a Nissan Murano Z51, it was telling me: "I'm the SUV for you!" Pretty steep price, though. Eto yung "pikit mata" mong bibilhin.
    so true, that's why i never test drive a car that's over my budget and never test drive a car when i'm not ready to purchase.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Maybe you mean Sorento.
    oopss. sorry my mistake.. Sorento...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    So, you're happy with your XT? Maintenance-wise, you never had any problems with Subaru Edsa?

Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I'd say forester turbo or new sta fe. Can't go wrong with either. The best compromise is the sta fe though. Diesel, lots of oomph, 7 seater, new tranny, awd, almost as much fun as a forester turbo but much more practical, economical and spacious. That new crdi engine is killer and has much more torque than either forester turbo or everest. It can be chipped up easily too!

Of course for all out performance, the fxt can't be beat in this segment. That's why I bought one hehehe

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    one thing's for sure though... you won't be pulling out massive, dead tree trunks out of the ground in your farm with a soobie and a murano anytime soon. try that in those and you'll twist the unibodies, hehehe.

i'm still lobbying for the ford. we need more of those babies on the road.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    one thing's for sure though... you won't be pulling out massive, dead tree trunks out of the ground in your farm with a soobie and a murano anytime soon. try that in those and you'll twist the unibodies, hehehe.

i'm still lobbying for the ford. we need more of those babies on the road.
    subaru pulls a 14wheeler stuck on ice [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yE7aA0GrVk"]YouTube- Subura WRX STI pulls 14 wheeler out of snow[/ame] shows how much traction it has. truly the best AWD system out there. but that's not the point, i'm sure some one who can afford a car that expensive and has a farm should have a tractor to pull out dead tree trunks.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    that's nice, threadstarter can watch that next time he needs to go home with nlex under 3 feet of snow while pulling his brother in law's 14 wheeler. in the philippines.

must i always put "hey guys i'm intentionally exaggerating here to drive home my point" after every paragraph as a disclaimer of sorts? don't people read jeremy clarkson no more?

the point i wished to make was that the ford is built to last and could go where the subaru cannot. torque figures alone for the 3.0 is better than the old expedition engine... imagine the pulling power behind that in a tough chassis. put a snorkel in that badboy and you can ford water up to the hood.

yes, try that in the forester next time you're stuck in traffic in espana and the floodwaters start to rise (rapidly). and yes, i'm intentionally exaggerating here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Everest 3.0 or Subaru 2.5 XT?