New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Saw a post in another forum by an owner of 2.0 liter Forester. They used it to get to the Pinatubo hiking jump-off point. Six passengers with cargo. He had a great picture of the parking area with all the heavy modded 4x4's which I thought were the only vehicles that could make it there. Made we wish we got one instead. But still happy with sedan.

You'll also hear about issues on parts costs for Subaru though. Only one service location in EDSA.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    A bit more than 5 people... like 5.5 people?

or even 5.75. :play_ball:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I have a 2.5 Subaru xt.. Good handling and ride. Downside .. GAS... Sabagay sanay ka naman sa camry so gas is no issue...

I also have a friend who has an everest 3.0... Bumpy ride, 3rd row not good.. I think sira yung pang open ng gas lid... Hindi maganda ang turning radius... If you really need a 7 seater SUV, go for the Fort, MS, Sportage or Santa Fe..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    If you really need a 7 seater SUV, go for the Fort, MS, Sportage or Santa Fe..
    Maybe you mean Sorento.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Subaru Forester for me. In white, please ...

Like what GH said, you will have a bigger smile whenever you get in one.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    One problem with the Forester 2.5XT is the fuel consumption especially since it's full time 4WD and still uses the old fashioned 4 speed A/T, though it gives good performance in return. Don't even think of the 2.0X, its slow and the AWD system there, like in the Impreza 2.0R, is more of a bane than a boon due to the combination of added drag and the weak engine. The Everest, in comparison, is much thriftier, has gobs of torque and is quite fast as well. It also has lots of good stuff like the great entertainment system with navigation as well as 18 inch wheels. In addition to that, it is also a true off roader with the ladder frame chassis and the heavy duty suspension and 4WD system. If you tend to always haul lots of stuff or people, or both, the Everest is the one to get. I'd also like to recommend the Santa Fe 2.2R which will give you both the Forester's performance and the Everest's thriftiness and 7 seater capability all for less than the price of both the Forester and the Everest.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thanks for all the inputs. It's just whenever I see a Forester beside an Everest in a parking lot, I can't help but notice the "size" difference. Of course, its an entirely different matter when one considers the "beast" under the Forester's hood.

Yup, mostly city driving and the Everest 3.0 is 4x4, although what Ford made me test drive was its 4x2 variant kaya I wasn't happy with its torque. They're scheduling me for another test drive, this time for the 3.0 variant so I can have a better feel daw of the "power".

Weekend driving with a Forester XT can comfortably seat a family of 5 (with me driving)? Have really no use for a 3rd row, unless my niece and her mom would come join us for a weekend spin, in which case it'll be a family of "7". It's that extra row which is there when you need it that makes me consider the Everest.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Santa Fe na lang kasi. Good balance of the two vehicles. 7 seater pero mabilis din...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by simply_louie View Post
    Thanks for all the inputs. It's just whenever I see a Forester beside an Everest in a parking lot, I can't help but notice the "size" difference. Of course, its an entirely different matter when one considers the "beast" under the Forester's hood.

Yup, mostly city driving and the Everest 3.0 is 4x4, although what Ford made me test drive was its 4x2 variant kaya I wasn't happy with its torque. They're scheduling me for another test drive, this time for the 3.0 variant so I can have a better feel daw of the "power".

Weekend driving with a Forester XT can comfortably seat a family of 5 (with me driving)? Have really no use for a 3rd row, unless my niece and her mom would come join us for a weekend spin, in which case it'll be a family of "7". It's that extra row which is there when you need it that makes me consider the Everest.
    if you really need 7 seats get the santa fe, i rode in my friends everest grabi tagtag compared to the forester kaya ayaw ko talaga yon and the extra seats kahit bata kawawa don. but if you don't need the extra seats get the XT you won't regret it, when it comes to performance nothing beats the XT, plus the boxer rumble is just music to my ears alam mo na agad na subaru ang padating kahit malayo pa. sorry bro GTi pero XT still performs better than the santa fe. performance lang ha, i'm not saying that the XT is a better over all car than the santa fe.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I like your analogy about starbucks espresso to a kapeng barako. Yes, "macho" ang exterior ng Everest, but "salbahe" yung makina ng Forester XT.

Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    is there a 4x2 3.0 everest? lahat yata nito 4x4.

i'd choose the everest. ladder frame, heavy duty construction. it can punch through a concrete wall if you want to, much less slog through mud on your way up to sagada ( i am, of course, exaggerating here).

the subaru for me is a lot like a lifestyle SUV and the ford as something an american cowboy would drive... somewhat like a starbucks espresso vs. kapeng barako... both serve the same purpose but one is a lot more manly and robust.

more dealers sa ford, more parts from dealers, more mechanics.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Everest 3.0 or Subaru 2.5 XT?