New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    hiyah there, this is my first post guys. can somebody please help me evaluate a hond civic esi 95. i just need a crash course on how to handle this car. please give an idea about FC, maintenance cost, how to take care of the car, which part of the car should i check the most, and any other things about the esi 95.
    i am a super noob in having this car so your reponse would be very crucial and very much appreciated...
    thanks guys...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    caution on rust prone areas, roof and wheel wells...

I just drove a modified ESi last night... it's a blast to tune. Stock car performs decently too.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ROOF... the rusty ROOF. hehehe

im no expert but ill give it a shoot...

maintenance wise, i think its the same as the ek version. its not that cheap but the part last a long time. check the fluids for one, its an old car so better to change all (brake, tranny, PS, radiator). basta regular maintenance and check up lang, change oil and tune up lagi and your cars engine will last a long time.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    EG owner here, roof lang talaga prob ng EG at EK.

maganda lang sa EG at EK model marami kang pwedeng gawin, change engine mo ng b16 or D15 oks na oks na yan tapos drop mo lang konti tapos wash over mo.pormado na!ok rin ang stock PH16 engine, konting laga lang sa engine wash. dahil luma na dapat mo na palitan brakes, oils, engine supports, bushings, basta pang ilalim, palitan mo na dapat palitan, para wala prob sa daan.

LOVE your EG

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    At this age... check the cooling system. Old radiator hoses and heater hoses (and/or plugs) should be changed, already... and you need to assess the condition of your radiator fans.

So far, cooling problems and rust are the most prominent issues with this model of Civic at this age. Otherwise, it's all good. Very robust engine (much more so than Toyota's, IMHO, Hondas can survive a lot of overheats... this is from experience... ) with lots of power... great suspension and a nice drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Pls do a search on similar topic/threads to minimize multiple and redundant threads. I have chanced upon and posted in several ESi threads already. :D

Rusty roofs are most prevalent on '92-'93 models. Thankfully, our '95 ESi never had this problem for the 11 years we have owned it.

Check the radiator and reservoir coolant for any leaks. Our '93 and '95 developed a cracked radiator tops. The '93 had a leak somewhere which is why it needed constant filling everyday.

Check the shocks if they are still ok. Our '95 developed "kalampag" at around age 9 yrs in the rear area. Upon inspection, the shocks were leaking already.

The 1.6 li (120HP) engine is the best. High revving even better than our "anemic" '99 VTi.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're buying one now... it's WAYYYY overpriced / overvalued.

Though it's another story if you'll be getting one for free... :D

bigbigcar.com Review: Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor Avantgarde

ESi 95 insights