New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hi,
    I am choosing among the following 4x2 A/T models: Ford Escape 2.3L (2009 model), Mazda Tribute 2.3L (limited edition), and Nissan X-trail 2.0L.

Need your help in deciding... Can you share to me your rankings in terms of the following criteria:

1. Riding Comfort (i.e. soft ride or matagtag?)
    2. Interior
    3. Exterior
    4. Fuel Economy
    5. Resale Value

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    meron bang limited edition ang mazda tribute?...anong specs nya?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    how much do these cars go nowadays? malaki ba cash discount since mga lumang models na?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    mas gusto ko yung 2009 Escape. since low end 4x2 models ang usapan. mas maraming features.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    mas gusto ko yung 2009 Escape. since low end 4x2 models ang usapan. mas maraming features.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    They cost less than 1.1M.

The limited edition Tribute just includes fog lamps, leather seats and two-tone body color.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dm11 View Post
    They cost less than 1.1M.

The limited edition Tribute just includes fog lamps, leather seats and two-tone body color.
    thnx dm111 for the info...kelan kaya maglalabas ng new tribute model ang mazda?...nahuhuli na sila sa ford escape eh....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mazda might not be replacing the Tribute... they've already got the CX7 elsewhere (but it's likely too expensive to bring here... maybe 2m)... and I'm not sure if they'll bring in a lower-end SUV... maybe a CX-5... in the future.

The Escape and the Tribute are absolutely identical. The "new" Escape is just a facelift of the old car. The Escape-Tribute twins drive and ride better than the X-trail, but the X-Trail reportedly has slightly better economy (not sure how it compares to the new electronic throttle Escape-Tribute) and a practical plastic-floored cargo area.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I once had a brief drive of the Escape (2004 model). It felt like a vault which is solid and substantial as opposed to an XTrail or CRV which felt light and tossable. The Escape feels very much solid, parang ang tibay ng pakiramdam, parang little Expedition but with miles better handling and less floaty but still cushy ride.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I once had a brief drive of the Escape (2004 model). It felt like a vault which is solid and substantial as opposed to an XTrail or CRV which felt light and tossable. The Escape feels very much solid, parang ang tibay ng pakiramdam, parang little Expedition but with miles better handling and less floaty but still cushy ride.

Escape or Tribute or X-trail