New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I currently have a Ford Escape 2003 and im planning to swap it to a Crosswind XT 2005. The owner of the Crosswind wants me to add 120k more. The Escape looks better,rides better, is a 4x4 and has a silent engine. The Crosswind, however, is more fuel efficient but its engine is noisy,not a 4x4 and ginagawang taxi. I drive 6x a week in the city and only once in the highways. I usually drive alone or with my wife. Utility-wise the Crosswind gets my vote. Im only hesistant to swap my Escape because (1) i will shell out 120k more; and (2) the Escape has a more "professional" appeal. On the other hand, a part of me wants the Crosswind because it is fuel efficient - My Escape is 5-6 km/liter while the Crosswind is allegedly 9-11 km/liter. What do you think?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Look at the current market value nung Escape 2003 mo at yung Crosswind 2005.

By then you can judge it. Teka, baka binaha yung crosswind ha? hehe. Kung sabagay, baka binaha rin yang Ford Escape mo hehe.

Kung hindi issue ang maintenance, mas gusto ko yung Escape mo. Pero kung issue ang maintenance, I like the crosswind and of course, mas younger ito ng 2 years. Hopefully well maintained ito.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Though I liked the escape so much, when I borrowed my friend's V6 escape damn I my money burned like heck. :hysterical:

As much as possible, keep your escape first. The crosswind might be submerged under water last Saturday because of the Typhoon Ondoy.

You're the owner of the car ( escape ) you know the problems or the past problems. However, the owner of the crosswind might not telling all the problems that might occur when the unit is in your own hands. And, the 120k doesn't stop there, be ready to spend 50k more for its upcoming repairs. Come to think of it, roughly 170k.....just spend it for your escape's gas rather than adding 120k for an XT and saving 50k more for the maintenance

Too much cash to waste. Don't buy it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    From what I recall... a fairer trade (for you) would be around 60k... try to take him down that far.

Since you're both "selling", sa inyo inyo nalang yung diskarte.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Form factor - Escape and Crosswind is not SUV. So in exchange of the fuel efficiency you will give up the drive comfort and your 120K. Stick to your Escape and save 120K, hindi mo matitipid sa diesel yan

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    Look at the current market value nung Escape 2003 mo at yung Crosswind 2005.

By then you can judge it. Teka, baka binaha yung crosswind ha? hehe. Kung sabagay, baka binaha rin yang Ford Escape mo hehe.

Kung hindi issue ang maintenance, mas gusto ko yung Escape mo. Pero kung issue ang maintenance, I like the crosswind and of course, mas younger ito ng 2 years. Hopefully well maintained ito.
    Hindi nabaha yung akin at well maintained, and assuming hindi nabaha yung kanya, and well maintained din, san ka sir?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kurukutow View Post
    Hindi nabaha yung akin at well maintained, and assuming hindi nabaha yung kanya, and well maintained din, san ka sir?
    Bro;

If I may ask about the 2 vehicle, I put my vote to the Ford Escape due to the following reasons:

* Ford escape is a CUV Class ( Crossover Utility Vehicle ) while the Crosswind XT is an AUV class( Asian Utility Vehicle ) more like a passanger carrier with extra passanger seats.

* Ford Escape has more power that's why it consume more petrol.
    * Ford Escape is more comfortable in driving especially long trips compare to the noisy engine of Crosswind.

If your concern is the petrol consumption...there are gadget you can buy & install to make it fuel efficient rather than shell out your 120k just to sacrifice your riding comfort for a few bucks of saving in petrol cosumption.

Till then...have a nice and comfort ride!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kurukutow View Post
    Ford Escape pa rin sir. Save your 120k for your escape's petrol cost. Sana kung XUV or Sportivo iyan pwede pa ipangtrade. But XT for an Escape? No.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    buti kung XUVi yan... XT lang naman. kanya na lang yun hahahaha! :LOLz:

ni hindi XTO which is power windows etc. Power steering lang ang XT. with all the creature comforts of the Escape, you'll be missing a lot and to think, you'll spend 120k for it.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ There's no XTO variant in crosswinds in year 2005, I think XUVi has been replaced with Sportivo already. Not sure about it though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Escape 2003 vs Crosswind 2005