New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    i'm planning to buy a new car and i'm down to three choices: Elantra 1.6 A/T or City 1.5 E AT or Civic 1.8 V AT.

They said that Elantra has good fc but so as city but then Civic has its unique quality that a person would like to buy.
    I will travel from Novaliches to Ortigas and I am curious about the FC. If there are owners of these cars that has the same route then I would really appreciate the reply.Thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd get the Elantra. Its got this great balance of performance and fuel economy. Space is better than the City so this one's out. The Civic's nice but they're practically everywhere and the new one's coming very soon.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Wow thank you for a quick reply!!The only thing that hinders me in Elantra is its maintenance. Whenever it reaches 5 kilometers and whenever it needs to change its batteries because its A/T.On the other hand, the honda city is proven to be one of the most fuel efficient cars especially in our country.

I also read in the forum that when you purchase elantra you will need to wait for the stock?Does anyone know if its still the issue of hyundai?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    What do you mean by 5kms? Baka 5T kms ang maintenance. City and civic uses synthetic oil so every 10,000 kms ang service sa casa. As for the battery, normal lang na magpalit ng battery around 2 years. So far yung city ko over 2 years na battery still strong kahit na may sound set up.

BTW, the current gen city is not as fuel efficient as the previous model. I get around 8-9 km/l in heavy city traffic. 15 km/l highway driving. Average ko around 13.6 km/l per the built in trip computer.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by peepsilog View Post
    Wow thank you for a quick reply!!The only thing that hinders me in Elantra is its maintenance. Whenever it reaches 5 kilometers and whenever it needs to change its batteries because its A/T.On the other hand, the honda city is proven to be one of the most fuel efficient cars especially in our country.

I also read in the forum that when you purchase elantra you will need to wait for the stock?Does anyone know if its still the issue of hyundai?
    Yung 5000kms maintenance interval? Ano meron diyan? Lahat naman ng kotse may either 5000kms or 10000kms maintenance interval eh. Di ko magets, anong change its batteries because its A/T? Iisa lang naman ang battery sa kotse and the one in the Elantra is no different than the ones in other cars... Automatic transmission fluid ba ang sinasabi mo? Lahat naman kailangan palitan ah. The Elantra is a regular 1.6L compact sedan, and its not hugely different to the others out there in terms of care and maintenance.

Hmm~ may pila na ba ang Elantra ngayon? You can try PM'ing EJS12129 or Starex_Gold. They may be able to help you.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Elantra 1.6 A/T for me.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    civic 1.8 all the way

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi;18 40492
    Yung 5000kms maintenance interval? Ano meron diyan? Lahat naman ng kotse may either 5000kms or 10000kms maintenance interval eh. Di ko magets, anong change its batteries because its A/T? Iisa lang naman ang battery sa kotse and the one in the Elantra is no different than the ones in other cars... Automatic transmission fluid ba ang sinasabi mo? Lahat naman kailangan palitan ah. The Elantra is a regular 1.6L compact sedan, and its not hugely different to the others out there in terms of care and maintenance.

Hmm~ may pila na ba ang Elantra ngayon? You can try PM'ing EJS12129 or Starex_Gold. They may be able to help you.

>>
    Sirs, every 5000 km ba PMS ng Elantra? Compared sa iba sasakyan na every 10,000km, mukang mas madalas sa casa ang elantra, therefore mas magastos?!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    CMIIW but even with synthetic oil you still have to visit the shop every 5k kms to change the oil filter and top up the oil. Check your PMS schedule. There's a difference between PMS and changing the oil/filter.

Re ATF some cars don't need to change their ATF EVER if used "under normal driving conditions". It says so on the ATF dipstick itself.

If your SA says you need to change your battery every 5k

BTT: Elantra :D

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *TS: I own a civic FD and I'm very happy with it but since the 9th gen is already on it's way, I will vote for the Elantra. Maaga kasing maluluma model ng car mo kapag FD kinuha mo (although you can mod the FD endlessly and have different 'face" every year!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Elantra 1.6 A/T vs City 1.5 E AT vs Civic 1.8 V AT