New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    alin po mas fuel efficient? given the their specs in terms of engine displacement, weight and among others.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tucson and Sportage, walang pagkakaiba, shared platform sila so expect mga 7km/l city driving which is average for a 2.0 CUV. The Ecosport, no news yet but expect a bit thirstier Fiesta fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Okay, tnx. Will just wait for the fc of the ecosport. Does the 7km/l is base on theavy tradfic in manila, right?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I'm having a chance to have an Ecosport AT as my service Car here in the Middle East city driving 10kms/liter

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kia is offering a big discount (150k) on the gas models of the Sportage. It looks better than the Tucson, even though they share the same platform. I have seen the EcoSport in Ford Global and it's small, much like a Fiesta on stilts. Given the choice, I would go with the Sportage as the EcoSport will not be making wonders with FC given a heavier body on a 1.5L engine in Metro Manila traffic conditions. If you want a fuel efficient CUV, go check out the Mazda CX-5 (average of 10-11 km/L based on inputs from owners who post here in Tsikot).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    MIAS 2014 Preview: all-new Kia Soul set to make PH debut - Auto News by AutoIndustriya.com

Under the hood, the 2015 Kia Soul is powered by a 1.6L U2 diesel engine, the first time that a diesel engine has made its way into the Soul nameplate in the Philippines. The variable geometry turbo (VGT) diesel engine delivers an output of 128 PS and 260 Newton-meters of torque. It is mated to a 6-speed multi-mode automatic.

2015 Kia Soul 1.6 CRDI VGT LX 6AT - PhP 1,020,000

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kia is offering a big discount (150k) on the gas models of the Sportage. It looks better than the Tucson, even though they share the same platform. I have seen the EcoSport in Ford Global and it's small, much like a Fiesta on stilts. Given the choice, I would go with the Sportage as the EcoSport will not be making wonders with FC given a heavier body on a 1.5L engine in Metro Manila traffic conditions. If you want a fuel efficient CUV, go check out the Mazda CX-5 (average of 10-11 km/L based on inputs from owners who post here in Tsikot).
    Medyo mahal lang base model ng Mazda CX-5 ngayon at 1.495M (discounts up to 50K though depending sa galing mo magnegotiate). I'm not saying it's not worth it but malayo ung gap ng price nya vs Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson (less than 1.1M after discounts) and Ford Ecosport (900K-1M). If TS can stretch their budget up to 1.45M, he can get the better deal with Mazda CX-5 (better fit and finish, fuel economy, handling, suspension, toys and free maintenance) but if the limit is 1.1M, I'd say the best deal will be Kia Sportage. Just make sure makakasundo mo ung casa nearest you.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Albastru View Post
    Medyo mahal lang base model ng Mazda CX-5 ngayon at 1.495M (discounts up to 50K though depending sa galing mo magnegotiate). I'm not saying it's not worth it but malayo ung gap ng price nya vs Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson (less than 1.1M after discounts) and Ford Ecosport (900K-1M). If TS can stretch their budget up to 1.45M, he can get the better deal with Mazda CX-5 (better fit and finish, fuel economy, handling, suspension, toys and free maintenance) but if the limit is 1.1M, I'd say the best deal will be Kia Sportage. Just make sure makakasundo mo ung casa nearest you.
    I really don't get why the CX5 is priced so much, i'd much rather get a forester. given the choices between the ecosport & sportage, parang mas sulit to go with the sportage. you get more car with the money.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    I really don't get why the CX5 is priced so much, i'd much rather get a forester. given the choices between the ecosport & sportage, parang mas sulit to go with the sportage. you get more car with the money.
    alamin mo muna kung saan assembled or gawa yung auto!(country of origin)

tapos alamin mo ang batas tungkol sa free trade agreement between us and them(korea, tahiland, indonesia and japan(in some instances singapore may utak ang motoimage or image motor- importer of subaru based on singapore(complicated part of the trade agreement)))

doon mo malalaman kung bakit ganun ang pricing

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    I used to think this, because if you look at the spec sheets, it seems that the 250k price difference isn't worth it between a CX-5 and a Sportage.

But the build quality of the CX-5 is way above the Sporatage's. Handling is also superior. Power delivery is also better with the CX-5. It is also more spacious. These are all things that are not in spec sheets, but once you drive both, you'd realize that one is really the better car.

Now, between the 1.5M CX-5 and 1.4M Forester, it's really a toss-up. The CX-5 has more power, better handling, and more tech (iStop, push-start, etc). The Forester has bigger space, HID, AWD, traction control. I think you can't go wrong with either, though I would personally go for the CX-5.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
ecosport vs tucson vs sportage all gas and matic variant.