New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last batch pala ng E46 yung '05?

Bebenta daw by May pag makuha na niya yung Camaro niya! Haha!

Do you guys prefer the E46's exterior over the E90?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Harangody View Post
    Last batch pala ng E46 yung '05?

Bebenta daw by May pag makuha na niya yung Camaro niya! Haha!

Do you guys prefer the E46's exterior over the E90?
    The E46 was produced till 2005 during which it was succeeded by the E90.

As for the looks, I was never a fan of Chris Bangle's work. The rear part of the E90 reminds me of the 1st gen Vios, which isn't a good thing. Though I would consider the E90 already among the better looking of Chris Bangle's designs, I find the E46's design simply timeless.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Aside from the looks, what else does the E46 have over the E90?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Wow! 325i pala, last batch at low mileage pa! Kunin mo na yan!

E46 na 318i? Naah~ If this one's in the menu, I'd rather get a 2.0L FD and have the pleasure of outdragging one, or better yet a V6 midsize sedan which you would be able to get for similar prices, or maybe even lower, in the 2nd hand market.
    Lol. Hindi naman matatapatan ng kahit anong Civic or kahit anong Japanese car yung feeling na nasa bimmer ka ano.

If ever meron akong 318i, bahala na lahat kayong mauna sakin. Kapag nag-park ako sa hotel, mas titignan pa rin kotse ko kaysa sa Civics niyo.

*Harangody: Mas gusto ko yung E90. Naka-subok na ako ng 320D ... mabilis! :faint: At solid talaga yung ride and iba yung aura niya when you pull over sa isang place, considering na silver pa yun.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Lol. Hindi naman matatapatan ng kahit anong Civic or kahit anong Japanese car yung feeling na nasa bimmer ka ano.

If ever meron akong 318i, bahala na lahat kayong mauna sakin. Kapag nag-park ako sa hotel, mas titignan pa rin kotse ko kaysa sa Civics niyo.
    I have t agree on this. The 318i's 2.0 engine may be underpowered and not worthy of the Bimmer brand but as a whole package, it's way better than the civic and the altis.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Better than them in terms of material quality and refinement... but as an overall package? If I'm getting it at the same price, I'd rather get a new-ish compact car over an old E46.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    As for the looks, I was never a fan of Chris Bangle's work. The rear part of the E90 reminds me of the 1st gen Vios, which isn't a good thing. Though I would consider the E90 already among the better looking of Chris Bangle's designs, I find the E46's design simply timeless.
    Chris Bangle oversaw the production of the E46.

If you'll note, some of the worst "Bangle-isms" occurred on Hooydonk designs... the 6-series being one of the worst. Now Hooydonk is head of BMW design... be afraid...

People directly responsible for certain BMW designs:
    BMW Car Designers

Aside from the looks, what else does the E46 have over the E90?
    Nothing. Less rear seat space. Less refined. Fuel eocnomy sucks with the automatics... and even with the manual, if you're getting a 318. Most "M-Sports" are merely badge-jobs that aren't really fast or particularly sporty.
    Last edited by niky; April 23rd, 2012 at 01:20 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Chris Bangle oversaw the production of the E46.

If you'll note, some of the worst "Bangle-isms" occurred on Hooydonk designs... the 6-series being one of the worst. Now Hooydonk is head of BMW design... be afraid...

People directly responsible for certain BMW designs:
    BMW Car Designers

Nothing. Less rear seat space. Less refined. Fuel eocnomy sucks with the automatics... and even with the manual, if you're getting a 318. Most "M-Sports" are merely badge-jobs that aren't really fast or particularly sporty.
    Yeah, what i meant was his design philosophy which was implemented in the E90, E60, E63 and E65. Personally, I see that BMW's newest designs are going in the right direction as seen in the latest 3 series, which looks appropriately aggressive, IMHO.

And then again, the M-Sport the TS is getting is a 2005 325i M Sport! Now that's one car befitting of the M-Sport badge.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Guys ano mas okay?

- BMW 318i M-Sport + BMW Z3 (Z Plate)
    - E90
    - 325i M-Sport + Cheap Project E36

No problem sa parts and maintenance. May nakukuhanan kami na mas mura ng 60% or more compared sa stealership.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hm. Hard one. Pero I'm torn between the 1st and last choice.

2 is better than one, 2 bimmers pa.

Pero kung kelangan mamili, I might go with the 1st one. I never liked the E36, pero I prefer the 325i vs. the 318i obviously.

And having a 2 door sports coupe seems to be more fun than having a slowpoke 4 door sedan that doesn't look good at all.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys ano mas okay?

- BMW 318i M-Sport + BMW Z3 (Z Plate)
    - E90
    - 325i M-Sport + Cheap Project E36

No problem sa parts and maintenance. May nakukuhanan kami na mas mura ng 60% or more compared sa stealership.
    I'd still get the 3rd choice. The Z3 just ain't practical especially since we live in the Philippines. The ragtop will almost always be up unless you go to the provinces, and if you do open it up, you'd be scrubbing every inch of the interior afterwards. Then there's the crashy ride and limited room.

But then the E36 doesn't look very good. Are you really very much into BMW's? What do you think if it's the 325i and a W124 instead?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
E46 M-Sport or E90 Executive