New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi guys! Im poy and im 20 years old. I know I'm abit young but I'm inlove with these 2 cars.

My question is:

If you were to choose what would you pick to restore?

Will you go for Toyota Celica TA22

or

BMW e30

Likewise, I would like to hear about pros and cons of the car and hey guys! If ever you happen to know sellers of TA22 or E30 within a reasonable price, can you guys hook me up. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Good luck finding a TA22 in that condition.

And good luck finding an E30 M3 for any reasonable amount of money.

You can get an E30 3-door (non-M3) for decent money, but it will cost a lot more than a TA22. Arguably a better car than the Celica, but you'll pay for it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    First things first, before thinking of restoring either car, makahanap ka dapat muna. Baka makatsamba ka sa celica but yun e30.....WALA!!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Poy` View Post
    Hi guys! Im poy and im 20 years old. I know I'm abit young but I'm inlove with these 2 cars.

My question is:

If you were to choose what would you pick to restore?

Will you go for Toyota Celica TA22

or

BMW e30

Likewise, I would like to hear about pros and cons of the car and hey guys! If ever you happen to know sellers of TA22 or E30 within a reasonable price, can you guys hook me up. Thanks!
    Mas gusto ko yung 318ti na black sa tabi ng E30 M3. Pareho lang sila ng suspension ng E30. Semi trailing links instead of Multilinks of other E36. Means more tail-wag happy ang 318ti pag minodify mo. Anyway, E30 I think madami din lumabas na surplus nun. Goodluck finding one.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Almost bought an E30 twice already, but somehow it just won't push through. Para bang may pumipigil on both times. But I'd still love to have an E30, my preference would be a late model 320i or 325i 4dr A/T.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Shame to buy such a nice car and then saddle it with an automatic. Less problematic if you get a 320i with a stick.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Shame to buy such a nice car and then saddle it with an automatic. Less problematic if you get a 320i with a stick.
    Are there even units so equipped that was sold here before?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Are there even units so equipped that was sold here before?
    Upon looking, seems I was thinking of the E21. I've seen some for sale under 150k. E30 prices seem to be hovering around the 250-300k mark. Very rare to see manual variants... those that are there are usually conversions.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Can't be bothered to drive stick with the current situation of MM traffic and it also has to be matic so that the wife can drive it too.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I believe there is an e30 car club of the philippines website
    you can search for it
    Im actually alsp looking for a perfect e30
    6 cyl manual coupe euro version (quite hard to find)

manual conversions are ok, they cost about 50k
    pre facelift 318i and 316 use timing chains
    all 6 cylinder cars use belts (expensive to replace)
    An M3 should cost over a million at least

people all over change the engines to wilder ones
    like a 333hp I6 from a z4m or e46 M3