New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    I'm Plan to get new car,me and my wife and 2 kids, seldom used since i work in other countries and my 2 kids just few blocks away from school,expected used just for weekend shopping and go to province for Christmass and Holy week vacations.Guys i need your help to decide...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Avanza for me! Roomy and new looks... . People will look on the new model than a 'little' old altis. That's me only.... But of course sundin mo ang tibok ng puso mo.. .

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Considering the kids, the Avanza is a winner for you. Better payload than the Altis.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Provincial trips? Mas comfortable yung ride ng Altis, IMHO. But if you're considering the 1.5 Avanza, why not stretch for the Innova instead? It still rides like a truck, but it's got lots of space, and enough weight to keep the suspension settled. The Avanza, on the other hand, is very light, but is sprung to carry heavy loads, so it can get a bit skittish and bouncy... okay lang sa city, but unless you're used to AUVs, it might be taxing on long provincial trips.

There are lots of other cars in your price range, but the only other seven seater as cheap as the Avanza is the Suzuki APV, and that really rides like a truck.

Split the difference... Honda City 1.3 CVT? Amazing fuel economy, huge trunk (at 500 liters, it's over 100 liters bigger than the Corolla's). It's narrower than the Corolla, and rides a bit stiffly, but the fuel savings over the Avanza would be enormous. Plus, 10,000 kms yung service interval niya... which is a plus if you're not there often and can't see to your car's maintenance. My uncle-in-law uses theirs to go to Bicol to visit their farmland. They ride four-up, and always bring back lots of stuff.

Kaya lang, weirdo ang itsura... pero practical talaga. Ibang klase ang tipid sa gas, if you can't afford a diesel car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    outlander na yan, you'll reach your provincial destination in no time!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    given the choices, Altis pa rin ako. it'l also hold it's value better than the Avanza IMO. The City seems okay too based on what Niky described.

as mentioned, test both and go where your heart is...

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    salamat sa mga nag reply, i get some idea which one to buy.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    altis na may promo sila ngyn cash discount at zero interest

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    outlander na yan, you'll reach your provincial destination in no time!
    ibang klase si Bimbim, love na love yung outlander ah. :rofl:

the avanza's bouncy.

a sedan fits your profile, unless you're adding more kids.

go with the altis. if you're in a tighter budget, get the rio.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Actually i'm incline to get Avanza but due to price increase and discount for the Altis almost same prize but anyway my wife is the one who mostly used so she will decide.Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Discounted Toyota Altis 1.6G A/T or Newly prized Avanza 1.5G A/T