New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Get the Vios na lang. As Mcbry said, it looks like Baby Camry.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sa choices mo.. sa Vios ako.. lalo na yung red.. tamang tama sa girl.. or kung ikaw lang naman sasakay most of the times, look at the Yaris too.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Vios or City.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    welcome to tsikot.com ms. chessy,
    mag Honda jazz ka nalang tamang tama para sayo yun, mabilis,matipid,good handling,maporma pa,maganda pa like you...lalo na pag nag-mods ka ng kulay pink ang paint niya..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^+1 ako dyan

my mom and my sis loves the jazz so much, they won't drive any other car in the household na. the thing w/ the jazz too is that it is so sprightly that's why its very addicting to drive it also is deceptively spacious and its fuel efficiency is highly touted although its suspension is on the stiff side

btw, the newer mmc jazzes are so cute, most especially the yellow and the white ones it looks like modifying them in the future would be a breeze too based on the other dressed up jazzes plying the roads of the metro

and yes, like what the others mentioned, i also think the hyundai getz and the brand new picanto are also worth considering

Why not take the JAZZ from Honda. Perfect for a girl like you. My friend(lady) bought one 3 months ago and she love it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    among your choices my priorities will be:

1. The Vios - if its from Toyota, it must be good. Plenty of parts, high resale value, the new vios looks cool. Maintenance cost is really ok. Plenty of parts specially if the car is outside of the warranty period.

2. The City - i really do not like the shape of the City. I prefer the Jazz instead. Again, high resale value, very big interior space specially the ULT seats. Looks good too. Maintenance is a little bit higher than the Vios, really powerful engine for its size, and very easy and fun to drive.

3. The Chevy Aveo - hmmmm. for one, the resale is not so good. so if you are planning to use this car for a limited time, forget it. Better get the Getz CRDi for better fuel consumption (Diesel).

On the fuel consumption, the Vios and the City are quite the same. But i've heard that the Aveo consumes more fuel than these two. On the space, the City/Jazz/Aveo has bigger interiors.

Your other options:

a) The Kia Rio
    b) The Toyota Yaris (although, afaik, this is a little bit more expensive than the cars you've stated)
    c) The Nissan Sentra GX MT/AT 1.3 (afaik, this belongs within the same price range as your choices, but the interiors are bigger, the trunk space is bigger, but not necessarily more powerful, but perfect for city driving. I think this is more bang for the buck..)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Nalito na c Cheesy, lol!

Well nakakalito talaga kung all of a sudden u need a car, pero what car. Maganda pa un matagal mo ng trip ang isang car, tapos bigla kang nagkapera.

Anyways, test drive a Honda or Toyota. Look sa street kung ano ang trip mo talagang itsura. Un sa tingin mo bagay sa personality mo. Either of the two, hindi ka naman magsisisi.

O kaya naman baka masyado ng marami dyan sa inu ang isang model eh get the other one.

Saka ask around reputation ng malapit sa inu casa. D naman kasi porke brandnew eh walang prob. It all boils down sa service.

Drop the Chevy. Basta. Kung hatch ang trip ng erpat mo, then get Jazz. Saka maganda talaga advantage ng hatch kesa sedan. Semi utility na rin kasi yan, d pa kainitan sa likod d gaya sa sedan.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We've actually done a road-test comparison of the Jazz and the new Yaris. Suffice to say, the Yaris was pretty impressive, but had some faults.

Linked: Yaris versus Jazz

Amongst the current subcompacts, it's the Swift, the Jazz and the Rio that drive the best. The Swift probably has the best combination of suspension compliance and handling, while the Jazz is the most agile, overall. The Rio has terrible tires, but it's very predictable. The Vios and Yaris are a bit too soft, and the steering is pretty vague... said steering does not inspire confidence at high speeds. Same with the Accent... which, despite sharing many parts with the Kia Rio, feels looser and less able on the road.

In terms of passenger comfort, two thumbs up for the new Yaris. It's the best in class, with reclining rear seats, though I find the front cushions a bit too tight for my frame, they're perfect for most. The Honda Jazz/City and the Kia Rio/Hyundai Accent come a close second, as they have nearly the same interior space, minus that one innovation.

In terms of luggage space, nothing can come close to the Honda City/Jazz duo. The City has an absolutely huge trunk, while the Jazz can be reconfigured into a micro-van if you're going out to buy a new ref or TV.

In the engine department, hands down, the best gasoline engines out there belong to Toyota. Great top-end power (almost as good as the Hondas), but good torque to back it up. Honda comes second, the Swift and the Rio come after, and the Aveo pulls up the rear of the pack (inefficient engine design).

But Toyota's automatics are pretty "blech". If it's AT versus AT, Honda's CVT is much smoother and much better.

In terms of economy... if this is the only concern, hands down, it's the Accent or the Getz CRDi. I prefer the Getz... feels a bit better nailed down than the Accent. Amongst gasoline cars, it's Honda and Toyota, followed by Suzuki/Hyundai/Kia, then Chevrolet.

In terms of maintenance, all new cars under warranty cost a bit to maintain. Chevrolet offers excellent deals on service, but you're out of luck once you start looking for places outside the dealership for service...

The other Koreans, the Rio and the Accent, well, you have more dealership options, and with the Rio starting to become popular with some taxi companies, it's a fair bet some shops will start carrying underchassis parts (which are very similar on the two models).

-----

Like others have said, test drive first. See which one "feels" like your next car. ;)

Me? I prefer the Jazz 1.5 VTEC MT... very sporty, yet very practical. Looks awesome in black or white...
    Last edited by niky; October 25th, 2007 at 05:26 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I'll go for the 2007 Vios. I own a 1.5 and it drives really good and its fuel efficient compared to my old 05 City.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Dilemma (Honda, Toyota or Chevrolet)