New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi experts/tsikoteers,

Need your expert opinions in choosing one of the two as mentioned above.. Newbie lang ako and I've been lurking around the forums here since August hehe. I am actually planning to get my first car before the year ends so car wise, wala talaga akong alam.. As in walang wala.. Thanks sa aking pagbabasa at sa inyo dahil nagkakaron ako ng konting idea about different car brands and minor technicalities ng bawat isa..

Unang choice ko talaga is the Hyundai Accent 1.4MT kaso after reading through their page, Nadiscourage talaga ako dahil sa Knocking issues na yan, Low response ng engine especially the matic one and the major no no for me was the ASS(after sales service nila - as posted by someone ). THen came the Rio which I was also discouraged because of dun sa malakas sa gas.(not read their whole forum though), I am pretty sure there are also some minor flaws sa Rio since every Brand naman may kanya kanyang flaws diba?

So ayun, napunta ang choice ko sa Toyota Vios 1.3G at first and was then changed to their 1.5G MT since konting dagdag nalang, you get the top of the line which has all that additional features.. :D Now me nagsabi sakin na officemate ko na maganda daw ung Ford Fiesta so why don't I take a look at it daw muna as an added option wala naman daw mawawala.. So ayun, tingin tingin, basa basa and now parang I am leaning toward the Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.6 Trend PS because of its looks and the design as well. Way way better than that of the VIOS. Yung VIOS sana is okay na kaso kasi ung Fiesta is a hatchback so its a plus.. Honda Jazz din sana kaso its OOB (Out of Budget lol) and usually Honda doesn't give bargains on their cars. The price is as in. walang tawad tawad..:D So dear tsikoteers, Would you guys be kind enough to enlighten me of the Pro's and Con's for the 2 mentioned above?

This is gonna be my first car and I plan it to be financed In-house. I think I would be getting the "All in Low Down Pormo". I Don't really eye for the Low monthly kasi magastos ako kapag alam kong wala akong babayaran by the end of the month. I will be using the car I intend to purchase everyday from and to work. Manila(Binondo) - Mandaluyong ang Travel ko everyday po Budget ko po pala sa car is from 650-800k through financing.

Uhmm, eto po ung mga hinahanap ko sa Car

1. Fuel Consumption
    2. Price
    3. Maintenance
    4. Looks(plus na lang ito)
    5. Reliability (ung tipong di ka bibiguin kapag nagmamadali ka)
    6. Parts
    7. Value for Money
    8. Others that you can think of na din po..

by the way, This was the best offer I got from Toyota Global City c/o Sir Wilcats for the 1.5G VIOS hehe 2 options actually
    SRP: 785000
    1st option: 77k down; 15435 / month for 5years
    2nd option: 50k down; 16399 / month for 5 years
    -Inclusive of INSURANCE, CHATTEL/PROC. FEE, 3 YEARS LTO, TINT, MATTING, SEAT COVER, RUST PROOF, 1K & 5K SERVICE LABOR, UMBRELLA.(TOOLS, JACK, 10% DISCOUNT ON ACCESSORIES ARE STANDARD)
    and here's the one that I got from Sulit for the Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.6 Trend PS (though it's not an official quotation, I'll post it nadin since the one in sulit may be even higher than the official quotation)
    SRP: 799000
    60k down; 16270 / month 5 years
    -Inclusive of 3yrs LTO, TPL and Chattel Mortage Fee,3m tint, matting, ERA card ( Emergency Roadside Assist), 10 Liters fuel Premium Insurance + AOG( acts of God )

Both by the way have 3years warranty / 100000 kms whichever comes first

So given the options I have above, which is the better deal in terms of money? Hay ang hirap ng ganitong feeling. Di ka makapagdecide ng todo lalo na it's my first car so I want siyempre to get the best out of my money.. Hope you guys can help me by sharing your opinions/suggestions.

By the way, I heard about dun sa cracking windshield issue dun sa Ford Fiesta dun sa first batch nila. Wala na po bang issues ngaun un? anyone? Import lang po ba ung mga units nila dito or meron pong locally made na Ford Fiesta? Okay din po ba ung dual clutch transmission sa Fiesta considering it is an automatic..? I have somehow a general idea about it but No clue on the details on what it actually DOES..

Any opinions/criticism/reactions/violent reactions is very much welcome Pardon me pala if there is already a similar thread on fiesta 1.6 hatchback trend vs the vios 1.5G MT as I tried to search for something similar to this but did not find one..

Pasensya na kung masyadong mahaba, Gusto ko kasi itanong lahat ng pwdeng tanungin para isang sagutan lang

Thank you and GodBless tsikoteers!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    tldr; :lol:

Yup, the Fiesta's good looking. Handles fairly well versus the Vios and has a better appeal all-around. And though I own a Vios, I'd pick the Fiesta Trend. I've always liked hatchbacks, would have picked hatchbacks over my Vios if the practicality bug didn't bite me. Didn't get to shrug off that if I pick hatchbacks, I would lose the trunk, which I use often to load usual stuff.

I didn't regret my purchase though. The car's really cheap to run. 1st 1K pms only cost me 1.2k, & I only spend less than 3k/month on gas and I use the car everyday.

Going back, since you're looking at the Fiesta, take a look at other "fun" hatchbacks as well. Say the Mazda 2 and the Suzuki Swift.

Yes it has always been a plus to drive a common car around so whenever something goes wrong it will be easy to get help, but I doubt it if any of the three -- Fiesta, Mazda 2 & Swift -- would break down on you on its at least first 3-5 years of ownership unless it's a lemon.

AT vs. MT would depend on your preference. I don't mind driving an MT even in EDSA traffic so I picked up an MT unit instead of an AT. But if the traffic really annoys you, then get the AT.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; October 20th, 2012 at 11:34 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Huwag ka muna mag vios, i heard may lalabas na all new 2013 vios, laki bigla depreciation pag bigla new body shell ok lang kung facelift

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *Sir Renzo

Thanks for your input! Yeah only now I realized maganda din pala ang hatchback at maporma pa :D hehe for the Mazda 2 -- not really my type, For the Suzuki Swift -- although its good looking, Di ko sya ganun ka feel e. Ford Fiesta caught my eye on looks when I took a look at their website. Daming features na di ko alam hehe. Ewan ko nga kung bakit 1.6 HB Trend PS un naging choice ko e. meron din naman syang 1.4 HB Trend MT, though I don't really mind if I go with AT/MT, Since manila - mandaluyong ako araw araw I may opt for the 1.6 HB Trend PS but that doesnt mean that the 1.4MT HB Trend is not on my list. Unang choice ko nga initially is the 1.4 Accent MT e kaso sayang ung after sales nila.. hehe

Any news kung anu ung mga major issues about sa Fiesta? as far as for VIOS wala ata e noh? hehe btw nakita ko ung pic nung vios mo and nung jeep. Ouch un mga jeepney driver talaga kala mo hari ng kalsada.. tsktsk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Sure na po ba un? e diba kakalabas lang ng bagong facelift ng VIOS this year? If ever, meaning pwedeng mas bumaba or mas gumanda mga offer ng vios by the year ends? hmmm

Thanks sa info idol! :D

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hehe. Pinapagulo ko lang choices mo.

Gusto mo isama mo pa yung Lancer EX GLX 1.6MT diyan. Compact sedan at the price of a sub-compact. 700k+ lang yun. :lol:

Issues sa Vios? Not that I know of. Siguro sa early units meron nag-rattle bandang dashboard, pero yung ngayon wala na. Basta ang alam ko lang, kung 1.5G MT ang kukunin mo, matulin yan. Maeenjoy mo talaga.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Hehe. Pinapagulo ko lang choices mo.

Gusto mo isama mo pa yung Lancer EX GLX 1.6MT diyan. Compact sedan at the price of a sub-compact. 700k+ lang yun. :lol:

Issues sa Vios? Not that I know of. Siguro sa early units meron nag-rattle bandang dashboard, pero yung ngayon wala na. Basta ang alam ko lang, kung 1.5G MT ang kukunin mo, matulin yan. Maeenjoy mo talaga.
    lol hahaha di ko na iccheck ung website para di na ko magulo hehe etong 2 choices nga na ito ang hirap na pumili pano pa kapag 3 o 4 na choices hehe balita ko nga daw mabilis ung 1.5G MT, meron diba sa youtube na 1.3 na vIOS nag200kph sa SCTEX, tibay ng loob!! kung ako yun baka 150 palang ayawan na hehe

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    kung kasama lancer sa choices lancer na. mas malaki kaysa fiesta or vios na malapit ang presyo. take a look sir. walang mawawala di ba

but between this, i'll vote vios. safe choice. since sabi mo medyo newbie ka and pasok lahat sa requirements mo, yung looks lang ang sablay compared sa fiesta

tingnan mo rin pala ang city, katapat ng vios.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    kung kasama lancer sa choices lancer na. mas malaki kaysa fiesta or vios na malapit ang presyo. take a look sir. walang mawawala di ba

but between this, i'll vote vios. safe choice. since sabi mo medyo newbie ka and pasok lahat sa requirements mo, yung looks lang ang sablay compared sa fiesta

tingnan mo rin pala ang city, katapat ng vios.
    Thanks sa inputs sir! Hirap kasi makipagbargain sa honda e hehe. What you see is what you get sa pricelist nila ) and I read somewhere that the 1.3 city's FC is not that good compared to VIOS? am I right? or mali ung nagsulat ng nabasa ko? hehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ajim View Post
    lol hahaha di ko na iccheck ung website para di na ko magulo hehe etong 2 choices nga na ito ang hirap na pumili pano pa kapag 3 o 4 na choices hehe balita ko nga daw mabilis ung 1.5G MT, meron diba sa youtube na 1.3 na vIOS nag200kph sa SCTEX, tibay ng loob!! kung ako yun baka 150 palang ayawan na hehe
    Yup pero delikado yung ginawa nung nag-200kph, T-rated lang kasi ang stock tires ng 1.3L Vios. Which is rated * 180-190kph yata. Yung akin na-try ko up to 150kph palang. Try ko faster once I upsized the rims at ibang mods. Katakot kasi yung stock, ang liit ng gulong.

Hindi ko sure kung ano rating ng tires ng Yokohama dB (stock ng 15s sa vios) pero malamang mas mataas siguro.

Eto nakakatuwa lang. Si Love Anover at boyfriend niya siguro. Hehehe.

Sa 1.5G MT, kayang kaya yan 200.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Dilemma - Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.6 Trend PS(AT) vs Toyota Vios 2012 1.5G(MT)