New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hello, Tsikoteers ngayon ako naman ang hihingi ng tulong/advice sa inyo for my friend, Due to expanding business of my friend she's planning to get bigger delivery van for her purified/mineral water station and also it will be quite use sa kanyang mga personal na lakad, It will be use for delivering a mineral water gallons here in Manila, Cavite and Laguna area, so what will be a good choice, here are my options:

*Toyota Hi-Ace GL (this is my pick for her)
    *Mitsubishi L300
    *Izusu Crosswind (she's planning just to removed the rear bench seats)
    *Nissan Urvan Escaped 2.7
    *Kia KC2700

you can suggest another options, Your opinions will be highly appreciated. Thank You and have a nice day.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my choice for family and business use

1. urvan
    2. hiace grandia body (2nd hand) not the new kelvinator body
    3. kia kc2700 (its a big L300 fb)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    if for business purposes only i suggest getting isuzu nhr with an fb body type. lahat ng delivery van namin isuzu nhr, we used to have l300's but replaced them since di kinakaya ang load namin. we also have crosswind, hiace and urvan currently pero pang tao lang yan pag kinargahan mo na ng mabibigat di tatagal yan. we currently have 15 isuzu trucks for delivery and 2 of those are already 10 years in the business na, isuzu lang ang tumagal sa amin na pang deliver.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    if for business purposes only i suggest getting isuzu nhr with an fb body type. lahat ng delivery van namin isuzu nhr, we used to have l300's but replaced them since di kinakaya ang load namin. we also have crosswind, hiace and urvan currently pero pang tao lang yan pag kinargahan mo na ng mabibigat di tatagal yan. we currently have 15 isuzu trucks for delivery and 2 of those are already 10 years in the business na, isuzu lang ang tumagal sa amin na pang deliver.
    oh I see, how about the FC of each truck ok naman? kasi gusto niya yung ganito lang muna, saka na muna siguro yung truck after one year.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    oh I see, how about the FC of each truck ok naman? kasi gusto niya yung ganito lang muna, saka na muna siguro yung truck after one year.
    FC is actually pretty good, if isuzu nhr with fb body type maliit lang yon. pag aluminum body lang naman nagiging malaki.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yung multicab na pick-up type sir? yun nga lang pang short distances lang ito.
    sa village namin, ganyan yung pang-deliver nila ng mineral water.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    Hello, Tsikoteers ngayon ako naman ang hihingi ng tulong/advice sa inyo for my friend, Due to expanding business of my friend she's planning to get bigger delivery van for her purified/mineral water station and also it will be quite use sa kanyang mga personal na lakad, It will be use for delivering a mineral water gallons here in Manila, Cavite and Laguna area, so what will be a good choice, here are my options:

*Toyota Hi-Ace GL (this is my pick for her)
    *Mitsubishi L300
    *Izusu Crosswind (she's planning just to removed the rear bench seats)
    *Nissan Urvan Escaped 2.7
    *Kia KC2700

you can suggest another options, Your opinions will be highly appreciated. Thank You and have a nice day.
    Wow ang laki ng business ah! Pati probinsya tinatakbo! Ang Hiace GL na sinasabi mo ba yung lumang model na short wheelbase? Hindi ba mahirap ipang-load yan? Lahat naman kasi front facing seats. Hindi ko na titingnan ang L300, its the oldest of the lot! The technology used is very old and they don't update it. Walang ka-safety safety yan at laging may parteng nasisira. Mabilis umoverheat at mausok pa. Ang Crosswind naman, di ba sobrang maliit? OK naman siya pangharabas and if you fold and tumble the 2nd row, you'll get a good sized loading bay. Yun nga lang, feeling ko talaga sobrang maliit for the purpose. Ang Kia K2700 is OK, but I've heard of many overheating issues with this one (and also Pregio's which use the same engine) especially if maintenance is overlooked. IMHO pwedeng ipag-isipan ang Urvan, just get the version with the side facing rear seats and not the 12 seater Escapade. The engine is good enough, the aircon is trademark Nissan cool and you can use it to ferry both people and cargo at the same time comfortably. Another option you may want to consider is the Isuzu IPV. If you can find the newer ones with the D-Max head much better. This one will last you a lifetime, has excellent fuel economy, very impressive range (due to the frugal engine and a very large 76 liter fuel tank), and acceptable engine performance. Of course if the payload is really heavy like loading the whole loading bay with full water gallons, nothing beats the NHR-PV. Fuel mileage for this one shouldn't be bad, the 4JB1 is pretty much similar to the IPV's engine and so the fuel mileage shouldn't be too far. Isuzu also proved that by running almost 1000 kms with it on a single tank of fuel (provincial kilomters are more frugal, but you get my point, right?)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Wow ang laki ng business ah! Pati probinsya tinatakbo! Ang Hiace GL na sinasabi mo ba yung lumang model na short wheelbase? Hindi ba mahirap ipang-load yan? Lahat naman kasi front facing seats. Hindi ko na titingnan ang L300, its the oldest of the lot! The technology used is very old and they don't update it. Walang ka-safety safety yan at laging may parteng nasisira. Mabilis umoverheat at mausok pa. Ang Crosswind naman, di ba sobrang maliit? OK naman siya pangharabas and if you fold and tumble the 2nd row, you'll get a good sized loading bay. Yun nga lang, feeling ko talaga sobrang maliit for the purpose. Ang Kia K2700 is OK, but I've heard of many overheating issues with this one (and also Pregio's which use the same engine) especially if maintenance is overlooked. IMHO pwedeng ipag-isipan ang Urvan, just get the version with the side facing rear seats and not the 12 seater Escapade. The engine is good enough, the aircon is trademark Nissan cool and you can use it to ferry both people and cargo at the same time comfortably. Another option you may want to consider is the Isuzu IPV. If you can find the newer ones with the D-Max head much better. This one will last you a lifetime, has excellent fuel economy, very impressive range (due to the frugal engine and a very large 76 liter fuel tank), and acceptable engine performance. Of course if the payload is really heavy like loading the whole loading bay with full water gallons, nothing beats the NHR-PV. Fuel mileage for this one shouldn't be bad, the 4JB1 is pretty much similar to the IPV's engine and so the fuel mileage shouldn't be too far. Isuzu also proved that by running almost 1000 kms with it on a single tank of fuel (provincial kilomters are more frugal, but you get my point, right?)
    You got a point. I guess I have one of the best opinion so far, ngayon lang sumagi sa isip ko iyang Isuzu IPV (yung gamit ng mga tga-PLDT right?) I find Isuzu as a low-maintenance which is a big plus for this type of business operation (bawas ba' yung operation and maintenance cost ng delivery van, tama2x, galing ng suggestion mo bro,), tama na nga siguro yan, As in kasi mga 30 - 50 or more than that number gallons of mineral water ang ide-deliver sa tingin ko kayang-kaya naman yan, yung l300 nga din nung kalaban niyang store e 50 gallons ang laman nun, pero ok na ok manakbo, yun nga lang mausok, hmmm, but may impact parin talaga yung Urvan e, suspension din ang inisip ko kasi mabigat din yun saka tubig pa ang dala, saka most of the routes ay may mga matatarik na akyatan

e how about its competitor, the HI-LUX FX? ok rin kaya?

Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    yung multicab na pick-up type sir? yun nga lang pang short distances lang ito.
    sa village namin, ganyan yung pang-deliver nila ng mineral water.
    thanks for the suggestion chua_riwap but she already have 2 units of suzuki multicab that's why she's planning to add a new and bigger delivery vehicle, kasi nahihirapan siya gamitin yun ganyan sa pangmalayuan delivery unlike what I said cavite, laguna pa naman yung ibabyahe niya. Nearby areas niya lang ginagamit yun ganyan.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Toyota Hilux FX is a decent choice, pwede na rin yung Hyundai Porter. For the Nissan Urvan, get the 21 seater version, na bagay sa business mo.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Ang downside lang sa Isuzu trucks or any vehicle from them for that matter, mainit sa mata ng mga ASBU sa Manila, Pasig, Makati. Prepare to be flagged down more than usual compared to other makes. If you have to get an Isuzu truck get the one with the 4hg1 engine para tumagal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Delivery Van for a Business. Which is a good pick?