New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I am trying to convince my sister-in-law to get the Toyota Prado instead of Safari Patrol. She prefers the latter because of the cost over at Prado.

Prado costs 3.75M
    Super Safari Patrol costs 2.8M

Things to consider:
    - Engine
    - After-sales service
    - Fuel consumption
    - Reliability
    - Cost of ownership/Resale Value

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I can give a few insights on the Prado sir but I'm just a drive-dads-car girl so I can't give a thorough and technical review hehe.

The Prado is very very light to drive despite its size so if she plans to drive it handling wouldn't be that much of a problem. After sales service is ok and so far we haven't had a single problem since we got it two years ago.

The only things that I'm not too excited about is the dull interior and the thirdseat is not as spacious as you'd think.

Overall all it's a nice and comfy ride for both the driver and the passenger.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Prado talaga, kaso 900k difference...mahirap hirap yan. Sayang din 900k, isang ford ambiente na rin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not related to the questions you asked but...

Q: what is the #1 carnapped vehicle in the philippines when elections come near?

A. Nissan Patrol. favorite ng mga politician yan sa campaign period.

babae pa magdra-drive. sasabayan lang sya sa parking lot kuha na yan agad.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not related to the questions you asked but...

Q: what is the #1 carnapped vehicle in the philippines when elections come near?

A. Nissan Patrol. favorite ng mga politician yan sa campaign period.

babae pa magdra-drive. sasabayan lang sya sa parking lot kuha na yan agad.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    OT na rin...ano ba pinaka carnapped vehicle sa Pinas? May ranking ba yan, na curious ako

Is the below price for brand new from casa?

I have driven both and I prefer the N. Patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by etosaiyo View Post
    I am trying to convince my sister-in-law to get the Toyota Prado instead of Safari Patrol. She prefers the latter because of the cost over at Prado.

Prado costs 3.75M
    Super Safari Patrol costs 2.8M

Things to consider:
    - Engine
    - After-sales service
    - Fuel consumption
    - Reliability
    - Cost of ownership/Resale Value

Thanks in advance!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Montero Sport and Fortuner yung nasa top, AFAIK. Most of the carnapping stories that make the news usually involve either of the two.

Between the two, I'd get the Prado. Considering the price range of both cars, I'd say money is not a big factor to you. Just get the one you feel most comfortable in. The Patrol is huge and cumbersome, which makes it an ass to drive in tight roads and parking spaces. Interior space is also not as big as the exterior suggests. Engine is still the old 158hp ZD30 from ten years ago. Can pull, but is among the slower ones in the current crop, especially considering the low power to weight ratio.

If you want something cheaper than the Prado yet having similar qualities, but of more manageable size than the Patrol, I'd suggest you get the Pajero. Its getting old, but still more modern than the Patrol. Its cheaper than the Patrol, if I remember, correctly, since it qualifies for the JPEPA tax cuts.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^sabi ko pag malapit na ang election.

montero at fortuner pag walang election. cheap naman ng politician na gagamit nyan 2 na yan mangampanya. walang dating yan paano mananalo si congressman kung montero o fortuner ang sasakyan. kahit bodyguard di sasakay dyan e.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between the two i'd get the Prado but the 900K selling price difference can be quite hard to ignore. The Super Safari is still good in terms of reliability as they have already worked out all the niggles on the earlier models.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast