New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Sirs, newbie here sa tsikot. Im planning to buy my first brand new car and I知 torn between two lovers - Cruze LS a/t and Altis 1.6V a/t. I知 leaning towards the cruze kaso most of my friends advise me na sa siguradong kotse na ako bumili. Any idea sa service, parts, FC, power and porma factor etc of the 2 cars (especially cruze)? and which car do you think is better or the best option? Also, parang gusto ko din tingnan yung Tucson 2.0GLS a/t though i heard lakas sa FC pero last option ko na yun. maraming salamat mga sirs in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Cruze pre ang better choice if porma, pero kung overall "sturdiness and reliability" altis

congrats pre sa first car

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    IMO.

Altis = the obvious, boring, practical choice.
    Cruze = the alternative, exclusive, 'feel-good' but riskier choice.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    service, parts, FC, power and porma factor

Everything after-sales : Corolla Altis

Else, Cruze.

I have yet to test the fuel consumption/power of the two. But as I have gathered, the Altis, only by having 4-gears is quite thirsty. Actually, some even says that it's at par with the 2.0L Altises when it comes to consumption but is definitely below in terms of power.

Having said that, you won't go wrong if you pick either. If I were in your shoes, though, I'd pick the Cruze unless the Altis being considered is the 2.0V variant.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    *chunkylover - salamat sir! kaya i’m being careful sa pick ko.
    *jave - yeah medyo boring nga si Altis. Si cruze talaga “feel-good” sya. Hoping meron cruze owner to share their brand experience
    *renzo_d10 - salamat sir! medyo mababa lang talaga confidence level ko kay cruze because of some horror stories kay chevy as a whole kaya when you posted na you go for cruze, it’ll make a big impact on my choice. Salamat uli sir!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    * sir gap-owner po ako ng cruze sobrang happy naman ako.kung ano yung satingin mo happy ka pagnabili mo dun ka.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    * sir gap-owner po ako ng cruze sobrang happy ako.kung ano yung satingin mo happy ka pagnabili mo dun ka.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Sorry po double post

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    sir T-MAC01 - ano variant sayo? ilang years na? actually, gusto ko talaga cruze but the people around me nag advise na hindi daw sulit because of the re-sale and performance...kaya naguguluhan ako sa pag pili

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    My family had an Optra, and despite the poor after-sales that Chevy has offered us, we got to enjoy its solidness. It feels different when driving one than driving a more common car during its days. It just feels more modern. Exclusive. Proper maintenance led us to less headaches ( translated to : repairs ), and I believe that it's the only secret on how an owner can keep a car in its tip-top shape. We had to sell it in the end, though. It was replaced with a new car eventually.

Going back, since it was bought brand new, I was confident that all will go well. And since you'll be going to the same path that we did ( brand new ) I can say that you can trust the Cruze ... until it gets old or bumps into a tree. :hysterical: Why? Parts can take a REALLY REALLY long time before it gets to your hands - be mindful of that, still depends on the class it belongs though ( major or minor part )

Frankly, I'd pick the Cruze, then just be really attentive on how it's to be maintained & drive it quite carefully ( on tight streets ) to avoid collisions, then just unleash its power on looooooooooooooooooooooong open roads such as SCTEX. The Optra's having a hard time on accelerating fast, but impresses me on top-end power & feel.

Goodluck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cruze LS a/t versus Altis 1.6V a/t