New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Where planning to buy a car this next month and i'm really confuse if wat car should i choose the Crosswind or the Honda 2006. The problem is Crosswind its diesel but i'm thinking bout the maintanance, diesel maintanance is expensive than gasoline cars? and the other one HONDA CIVIC 1.8S 2006, now gasoline is going high? Can anyone enlighten me which car should i choose... Thank you...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    practicaly speaking.. i woudl go for the crosswind.. less maintenance and diesel compare sa gasoline engine.... and limited lng ang gamit mo sa civic.. honestly speaking, u cant compare both coz they are of different ctaegory.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oil changes cost a little more because it's diesel, and you have to perform twice as many as in the Civic (the Civic has a 10,000 km interval).

But, prices for Isuzu maintenance are only high at the dealership. You'll find, if you have all the work done outside, that maintaining a Crosswind is pretty cheap. Just make sure to find ot the service intervals for such things as gear oil and axle grease changing, and you'll be fine.

Of course, the Crosswind is a very crude, ancient, rough-riding and simple vehicle compared to the Civic. If you only have a small family, the Civic is a very nice car, and one of the best choices out there. Go ahead, it should keep its value for a very long time.

If you regularly carry heavy loads or lots of people, and don't mind a car that's very slow and bouncy (seriously, test-drive it first), then the Crosswind isn't a bad choice. Just don't go for too many optional extras that you don't need. Try to get one with side-fold seats instead of a front-facing third row, as these are more practical.

Bad points: exhaust leaks (easy to fix), smokes at start-up (common on Crosswinds, not a problem), poor handling, ride and braking (drive slower), high dealership prices (do it outside)

Good points: great passenger capacity, good cargo space (used it to move house a couple of times), terrific fuel consumption, simple and very robust engine (no timing belt to change, no high-tech cloggable injectors, and it starts on one click, every time)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Dont get the Isuzu because its an old design, even for a diesel.
    Get the Honda, I'm not a Honda lover, but on the basis of this comparison sa Honda Civic nako.

P.S. One reason I dont like the new Civic is due to the low roof clearance... nde pwede sa mga 6-footer guys.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Despite being an old design, the Crosswind's engine is extremely robust and dependable. It's noisy and harsh, yes, but it gets the job done, and it doesn't guzzle diesel like many other old diesels do. In fact, it's just as frugal as many modern CRDI designs of the same size.

It also has no problems whatsoever with poor fuel quality, like more modern diesels do.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Despite being an old design, the Crosswind's engine is extremely robust and dependable. It's noisy and harsh, yes, but it gets the job done, and it doesn't guzzle diesel like many other old diesels do. In fact, it's just as frugal as many modern CRDI designs of the same size.

It also has no problems whatsoever with poor fuel quality, like more modern diesels do.
    Very true. If you want to get from point A to point B without so much fuss. Crosswind ka. every 5000km changeoil ka sa petron wala pang 1500 petot. Pag umulan ng malakas ngingiti ka lang dahil diesel naman at mataas. Sobra tipid pa I get 11km/ltr city,16km/ltr highway in my manual XUVI. I've racked in 84km in my odo, 1 click parin every morning. Yung battery ko di pa ko nagpapalit.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yup, Crosswind in this toss-up is the better choice.

Just read about several threads here (and some other fora) about Honda Problems esp of the Civic2006.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkreaganc View Post
    Where planning to buy a car this next month and i'm really confuse if wat car should i choose the Crosswind or the Honda 2006. The problem is Crosswind its diesel but i'm thinking bout the maintanance, diesel maintanance is expensive than gasoline cars? and the other one HONDA CIVIC 1.8S 2006, now gasoline is going high? Can anyone enlighten me which car should i choose... Thank you...
    regardless sa maintenance at consumption ng gasoline/diesel pareho lang iyan at nasa gumagamit lang iyan... kung kaskasero ka eh mapapadali ang maintenance ng sasakyan at matakaw sa consumo ng gasolina... at kung maingat ka at malumanay ka mag maneho eh tatagal buhay ng sasakyan mo at nakakatipid ka sa consumo ng gasolina... diba?

depende lang kung saan mo gagamitin ang sasakyan na bibilhin mo... kung pang hanap buhay, sakay ng madami tao/familya, pamalenke, pamasada or car pooling, karga ng marami gamit, etc... crosswind ang kunin mo...

kung gagamitin mo sa pag pasok mo sa work lang, walang masyado sakay, hindi kailangan kargahan ng gamit, pang pa-pogi, pang hatak ng chicks, pang date date, etc etc... eh malamang honda civic kunin mo...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It really does depend on you. Just weigh what you're buying against what it'll cost you. And always take into account your needs. If you can afford to own a car for motoring's sake, the Civic would definitely make you very very happy, but if you need a car to work for you, there's nothing like buying a van or an AUV. It'll never feel as special as a car, but: "that'll do, pig, that'll do..." (one of my favorite movie lines)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkreaganc View Post
    get the honda civic. no problem gasoline going high sedan naman yan, fuel efficient. sarap pa ride.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Crosswind or Honda 2006?