New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi all, I was in the Suzuki thread exploring this and now I'm trying to get more feedback from the community. Still trying to decide which car to get, I posted in this forum a few weeks back :p

I'm really biased toward the SX4 - I test drove it already and I really liked it, including all the features it has as well as the looks. People have warned me though that Suzuki sucks when it comes to parts and service (baka sa casa lang daw ako makapag-pagawa, di kaya ng mga outside mechanics unlike Toyotas etc.). Also resale value. Are these true? If that's generally not true then SX4 na talaga kukunin ko.

Otherwise the other car I am now considering is the Soul. If spare parts and non-casa service with Kia are better/more available then I may have to give it a harder look.

My budget is 900k~ and no more for a crossover/MPV. Need it primarily for a daily commuter, but needs to be versatile since I have to go out to the province in Infanta, Quezon once in a while...your additional inputs would be greatly appreciated

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Nagpaquote kana? 904K Yung SRP ng SX4 sa Suzuki Pampanga, the SA is giving me a deal up to 850K and free LTO.

Anyway, nagustuhan ko sa SX4, ang daling ibaba nung upuan sa likod noh? Just thinking about it when it moves, baka gumagalaw galaw yung sandalan, di naman noh? Hindi naman pina-test drive sa akin yung SX4. Di daw pinapatest drive. Hmm..

Pero ang liit pa din ng SX4. Parang bitin sya sa price nya eh.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Yup nagpaquote na ko sa Suzuki Shaw. 899K with free LTO, insurance, chattel, floor mat, tint, visor. Mas mahal pala SRP sa Pampanga.

Weird naman hindi pinatest drive sa yo? Ako ininsist ko talaga test drive. I liked it, para siyang Altis mag handle, maliksi but not as quiet. Maliit nga lang siya pero I'm comparing it to the Jazz thats smaller and costs 42K less.

The seats were ok, they didn't bother me naman. I liked that you can adjust it four ways...this SX4 has a lot of niceties that I liked, plus a nice modern black interior (I hate beige interiors).

Nagcocompare ka rin ba sa Soul? Binasa ko ung thread mo na Budget Crossovers but wala ata mention ng dalawang to dun. Hopefully the other guys can provide more insights/comparisons between the two.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Engine: Soul wins by far (Gamma dual-cvvt engine with more HP and torque; 2011 Ward's top 10 engines)
    Transmission: Soul wins (6-speed A/T vs 4-speed)
    Fuel Consumption: Roughly the same
    Safety Accessories: SX4 wins (4 disc brakes and 2 airbags), although the Soul has EBD
    Misc. Accessories: SX4 wins (8 speaker audio, fog lamps, roof rails, luggage covers are all standard)
    Warranty: Soul wins (5 year/160,000 kms)
    SRP: SX4 is cheaper by P20,000

I suggest you test drive both.

I personally prefer the Soul because, other than better performance numbers and reviews, it looks better both inside and out and feels more upscale.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Soul, except for the odd electric steering assist, is a better car overall.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ok, will test drive the Soul - hirap sa Kia though, they require a reservation to do the test drive! Kainis. 2 weeks akong mawawalan ng 10k. Not really that hard on the pocket but still...other dealers don't have the policy.

Sige sige will check out the Soul more closely and get back to you guys....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I'm also gonna test drive the Kia Soul this weekend. Kia Sucat never mentioned a deposit to do so.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I like both, but I'll get the Soul over the SX4 coz of the funky image it has. Mas cute at mas appealing.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by spiff41398 View Post
    I'm also gonna test drive the Kia Soul this weekend. Kia Sucat never mentioned a deposit to do so.
    Looks like not all dealers are like that - I spoke with Kia Makati (nearest to me) and kelangan daw ng deposit, kaasar. I'll look at other dealers sige.

Let us know how it goes!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thanks guys...anybody with feedback regarding suzuki after-market parts and service?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast