New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ride comfort, aba'y talagang comfortable ang Sorento! Pareho ata sila ng suspension ng Santa Fe. Tama po ba?

Engine performance, same engine sila ng Santa Fe kaya talagang powerful yan :clap:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Sorento - para sa akin mas maganda looks nito dont like the new tucsons front grill. Problem lang is pre selling pa. You cant test drive it yet

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    Sorento - para sa akin mas maganda looks nito dont like the new tucsons front grill. Problem lang is pre selling pa. You cant test drive it yet
    You may not for the 5 seater, but you can for the CRDI 7 seater, and the Gas too..
    Last edited by gregg_g; May 5th, 2010 at 09:56 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Was in the same situation back in March. I wanted the new Tucson talaga but then my SA asked me if nakita ko na ba yung new version ng Sorento sabi ko di pa so I search it in the internet and whooa I asked my SA for the upcoming pricing ng new Tucson and new Sorento and I learned mas mura pa sorento coz quote sa kin e 1.368M Tucson and 1.295M ang Sorento so I asked her to cancel my order for the Tucson then Sorento na pinili ko. Bang for the buck ang pre selling offer nila considering ka level ng Sta Fe ito at that price then new 2.2 CRDI and VGT na rin.

although you really cant compare the 2 coz magka iba level mid size yung isa while compact naman yung isa.

engine wise pareho lang technology kasi nga isa lang company ang kia and hyundai so VGT ganon din so sum it up technology wise is pareho lang mas angat lang ng konti ang Sorento kasi 2.2R CRDI sya while Tucson is 2.0R.

regards,
    dbh

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sorento na.. Hehe 7-seater po ba hanap nyo or 5?

Anyway, kasi may 7-seater display sa Trinoma nung Sorento CRDi.. You might wanna check that out sir .. I remember sir SG saying that fixed ang rear seats ng tucson(?), while yung sa Sorento pwede idapa yung seats, but that's for the 7-seater, di ko lang sure kung ganoon din sa 5-seater..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Tucson lang naman ang fixed ang rear seats. The rest reclinable. (Santa Fe, Sorento)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    to update this thread... I got the Tucson GL CRDi over the sorento.
    Why?
    1. Wifey & I still ain't over the Kia brand, though I know sister companies ang 2. Plus the bad experience with the Carnival & the dreaded Pregio!
    2. Tucson was already available. Cant wait 6 months for the Sorento. Even the manager of a Kia branch wasn't sure of its arrival.

So in the end, I had to let go of the Sorento but I'm sure it'll be a good SUV and hopefully they've addressed of their build quality issues (Kia).

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jet View Post
    to update this thread... I got the Tucson GL CRDi over the sorento.
    Why?
    1. Wifey & I still ain't over the Kia brand, though I know sister companies ang 2. Plus the bad experience with the Carnival & the dreaded Pregio!
    2. Tucson was already available. Cant wait 6 months for the Sorento. Even the manager of a Kia branch wasn't sure of its arrival.

So in the end, I had to let go of the Sorento but I'm sure it'll be a good SUV and hopefully they've addressed of their build quality issues (Kia).

Yep build quality is quite on par now since 2006. If you're not quite over the Kia brand then sad to say you made a poor decision on getting the Tucson, you should have bought another car from another manufacturer. Some Hyundai cars are assembled in Kia plants and vice versa so you're just basically getting the same thing.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Good decision naman kahit papano.

Sa Hyundai Dasmarinas ka ba kumuha?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    *SG:
    Yeah I know the Tucson is a good choice hehehehe, I'm just playing with the badge snobbery. :D

*the_jet:
    on a lighter note, buti nakakuha ka agad ng unit? I thought mahaba rin ang waiting list for the Tucson CRDi.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
CRDi SUV comparo: Tucson 4x2 vs. 2011 Sorento 4x2