New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I have a Corolla Lovelife 1999 XL with 2e engine .. I saw somewhere in the net selling a japan surplus GLI/XE Dash Panel with an RPM Gauge (Tachometer) on it ..

I wanted to change mine because my Panel has no RPM guage on it ..

Is the japan surplus for Corolla Lovelife Panel guage compatible on my Lovelife XL ???? The XL and XE variant shared the same 2e engine and the only difference was that the XE has a RPM gauge on the panel and all power amenities like the GLI ..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

maybe you do not have to replace the entire dash.
    maybe you just have to replace the instrument cluster..?
    but i am curious... where do you attach in the engine, the tachometer connections?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The XE has the same guage cluster as the GLI except for the speedometer na hanggang 200kmh sa XE, 220kmh sa GLI.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    The XE has the same guage cluster as the GLI except for the speedometer na hanggang 200kmh sa XE, 220kmh sa GLI.
    Does it mean I can replace my XL's gauge cluster with an XE/GLI ??

Is it just a remove and replace installations ?? I mean if the XE has a rpm tachometer in its gauge same as the GLI, can I replace my entire gauge with an XE/GLI gauge ?? Will the wirings and connections fit, my XL has a 2e engine same as the XE ..

I'm planning to install this .. the 2nd pic if for manual transmission ..

Toyota Corolla Lovelife Panel Gauge - 2ndhand Want To Buy Philippines - 70626581