New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I recently posted my Corolla Lovelife online ..

I was surprised by a lot of buyers calling and asking the same things .. They all said that has any other buyer already looked at my unit, and said that if I could hold it for them even if they have to give a reservation fee, because some of them have no enough money right away ..

Nag tanong ako bakit sila atat na atat na mareserve ang unit .. and sagot nila ay marami daw nag hahanap ng corolla lovelife ngayon at kung magkaroon man ng seller, nabibili agad ..

So what's with the sudden demand of the Corolla Lovelife right now ??? Is there something I don't know about my unit's potential that a lot of buyers are looking for in a car ?????

2. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    I had the same experience when i sold my lovelife. I posted it in olx at early morning and was surprised to receive a number of text messages just a couple of minutes after. Most of them do buy and sell because they really know how to haggle and even don't bother to inspect the car thoroughly. Others even wanted an open deed of sale which I didn't agree to!

Btw I was really happy with that car and kinda regret selling it. It would be a nice second car for me but I had to be practical and let it go.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I think the lovelife was the last made in japan sedan toyota built for the philippines.

i bought my gli lovelife a/t with 120k mileage, converted to lpg and now is at 180k mileage. Still kickin and rides better than my 2014 vios.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    I sold my lovelife A/T for Php 150K with mileage of 60K. I regret so much.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    up up up up up

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    lots of parts, mapa japan surplus or local. kahit sa junkshop makakakita ka ng parts nyan lalo na ginawang taxi. madali ang maintenance. cheap replacement parts. interchangeable ang parts sa mga naunang AE series corollas. madali pormahan kung marunong ka magporma. straightforward to repair. saka yan ang pinaka latest at pinakamadaming safety features sa AE series ng corolla. and lastly, it's a corolla.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    I think the lovelife was the last made in japan sedan toyota built for the philippines.

i bought my gli lovelife a/t with 120k mileage, converted to lpg and now is at 180k mileage. Still kickin and rides better than my 2014 vios.

i have no experience on vios and gli's .. the reason i wanted to sell my current lovelife which is a 2e 1.3 engine is that I wanted to try a fuel injected one .. I have a friend who's selling his pre-loved corolla bigbody 97 gli which is still in very top condition ..

Am I making a bad choice ??? And why do you say your gli rides better than your vios ???

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalMD View Post
    my reason for selling is I wanted to buy my friend's corolla bigbody gli still in very top condition, mine is still 2e carb engine .. will I regret that decision, in your point of view ??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalMD View Post
    my reason for selling is I wanted to buy my friend's corolla bigbody gli still in very top condition, mine is still 2e carb engine .. will I regret that decision, in your point of view ??

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Basta naman yata Corolla regardless kung small body, big body o lovelife talagang in demand sa 2nd hand market. When I sold our 99 XE lovelife (all power), I posted in on olx and within minutes the texts just poured in, sold it within the day but not on olx, sold it to one of the longtime employee in the office, at dahil matagal na nga sa office yung buyer, binigay namin at 100k para pa consuelo even though we all know that it could have sold much more than that considering its condition. Ang talagang issue lang malakas na sa gas so nobody wants to use it na.

Then around 2008 I also posted in Sulit our old office service, a 95 bigbody XE, I posted it late at night and didn't put my cellphone number, office number lang nilagay ko, know full well na talagang laspag na yun I put a price of 125k, at that time mga 150-180k pa ang takbuhan ng similar model. Yun nga lang yung amin kelangan na ipaoverhaul, repaint, underchassis repair at interior reupholstery (in short full restoration ang kelangan), I had something on that morning so I came in late sa office, pagpasok nagkagulo yung mga tao sa office, mali ko kasi I failed to inform them about it. Before lunch time may dumating na buyer and offered 75k for it, eh sa loob ko naman lung ako yon, di ko bibilhin yon sa ganung halaga, so nagcounter offer na lang ako ng 80k and before lunch time, the buyer drove it off.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

nope... gain ka pa nga, kasi 97 bigbody naka efi engine, power windows, airbag, ABS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast