New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Even better than the Euro round light conversion is this:

I've only seen one conversion like this, so far (but I'm sure there are others...), and it has more character and detail than the rather simple round light conversion:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Thanks for the input guys! I will note all those things that you have mentioned.

Keep all those comments coming.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I love the looks of lovelife..

but I will still get the old 'big body' 1.6 gli ..

its more spacious..

easy to dress up with euro look version..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    * niky:

if thats the love life version here. il get that
    Last edited by finchy18; September 27th, 2006 at 05:16 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mahirap lang yata hanapin ang body panels... mas common talaga ang round light parts... trip to Bulacan na yan.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    cramped legroom at the backseat. easy to maintain. nothing much.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ive heard the 150K ang cost ng full conversion ng AE111 to full Euro look.

btw, the AE111 looks good din naman... in fairness, its dash looks way better than the AE101 na assymetrical at mataas ang dash design. rear seats are not as wide as the big body's seats too but thigh support, headroom are about the same. it looks better IMO and is more quieter than the AE101 based on my observation.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may ae111 ako dati. kung ako yung nagdadrive, wala ng makakaupo sa likod ko.

feeling ko dati, minadali lang ilabas ng toyota itong model na ito dahil sobrang tagal na sa market yung ae101 and hindi pa siguro nila natatapos yung design ng new altis. just look at the engine bay, exactly the same as the ae101.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    two words: too cramped, (both the front seats and the rear). my bro in law used to have two of those, yung round lheadlights at yung dual headlamp versions complete w/ sunroof. Ang natira nalang yung round headlamps. Gas guzzler and not enough power.
    much better ang ae101 na gli which i used to own, bigger, roomier. IMO its not worth getting the ae111 model kasi marami namang ibang pagpipilian na ka model years na much better

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The AE111, like the 7th Gen Civic, was launched just for the sake of replacing their aging (but very good) predecessors. While that Honda was cheaply made, the 8th Gen Corolla (AE111), like I said, was built using several components of the previous model. I've tried my friend's AE111 matic before, and I found first gear rather sluggish under acceleration. It was nowhere near my AE101 M/T. I know I know, manuals are almost always faster than matics, but the difference was very noticeable when I tried both cars. I guess I have to point my finger at the increased weight, which is more ballast to the engine that's the same as the AE101.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Corolla lovelife