New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    first post here.
    were planning on buying a new car and were choosing between the impreza mt and the corolla 1.6v. our main concern really is the maintenance of the car, is it really expensive to maintain a subaru? or not?
    thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    If your main concern is maintenance and durability, I would suggest stick with a Corolla. If you value fun factor more, get the Impreza.

Quote Originally Posted by ernest2 View Post
    first post here.
    were planning on buying a new car and were choosing between the impreza mt and the corolla 1.6v. our main concern really is the maintenance of the car, is it really expensive to maintain a subaru? or not?
    thanks!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    hehe fan ka siguro ng initial d sir
    maganda nga impreza , 4wd ba yun?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first post here.
    thanks!
    Corolla. The Subbie will have a premium in maintenance due to it's exclusivity or not being as popular as the 'Rolla. Best to visit the dealer too and compare the PMS prices.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    corolla. it has strength in numbers (translation: cheaper maintenance costs).
    Last edited by dr. d; September 18th, 2013 at 10:14 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    as a 4th time subie owner i can vouch that maintaining a subaru isn't as expensive as people think, PMS is around 4-6k only so that's about the same cost with other jap cars. parts are expensive though, the headlight of subaru's cost around 90k and windshield cost 70k. but if you know where to source oem parts for subarus it can be had for a much much cheaper price than that and MI won't deny your warranty for buying parts outside. i love subaru because of it's driving dynamics and it really makes you feel one with the car, out of all the casa's i've been through MI is probably the most honest and most helpful casa in the philippines.

anyway for the budget you have i wouldn't limit my choice between those cars only. with the availability of cars we have right now, new car buyers are lucky that they have so many options to choose from. unlike in the 90's where you only have 3 choices toyota, honda or mitsu.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first post here.
    thanks!
    these cars belong to different categories imho, so parang hindi wise i compare.
    if maintenance is a concern, go for the corolla.
    if maintenance is not a concern but more of performance, the subbie is it.

going between the two are options like the Lancer 2.0, the Civic 2.0 or the Ford Focus.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    thanks for all the inputs.
    one more thing, may mga list ba kayo or procedures in checking the new car before taking it home?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for all the inputs.
    one more thing, may mga list ba kayo or procedures in checking the new car before taking it home?
    - Verify the dealer checklist on tools, owner's manual and warranty booklet
    - Car papers (OR/CR if available, delivery receipt, official receipt)
    - Check wheel alignment when driving
    - Check all lights
    - Check underchassis (it should be almost pristine clean save for the odd mud splash or two)
    - Check all body panel alignments
    - Check all power amenities, AC, etc.