Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Check the car's model.

Corolla GLi = efi
    Corolla GL = carb
    Civic LX = carb
    Civic LXi = efi
    Civic VTi = efi
    Civic ESi = efi

Kindly note that not all EFI engines are the same. Some are multi-point injection while others have individual fuel injection system. Multi-point usually have two fuel injectors to spray fuel into the four cylinders.
    Thanks for the tip

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    im biased, get the corolla.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikomac View Post
    AFAIK. D15b is the 3 stage Vtec. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    Merong naka 3-stage, meron ding basic power VTEC lang ...

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    im biased, get the corolla.
    hehehe I Know Right

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AFAIK. D15b is the 3 stage Vtec. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    The only car locally sold that features VTEC3 technology was the ES Civic which used the D16 engine and gave 130hp.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The only car locally sold that features VTEC3 technology was the ES Civic which used the D16 engine and gave 130hp.
    Yep, the VTI-S.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Is this the 01-04 batch? The 3 stage VTEC from D15b was Economy, Sport, and I forgot. Which was never been locally sold here. but then EK hatch Came to Introduce it here.

correct me if i'm wrong (again) Is the JDM 3 stage VTEC and VTEC3 here same?

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...Keywords=VTEC3 like this?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Is this the 01-04 batch? The 3 stage VTEC from D15b was Economy, Sport, and I forgot. Which was never been locally sold here. but then EK hatch Came to Introduce it here.

correct me if i'm wrong (again) Is the JDM 3 stage VTEC and VTEC3 here same?

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...Keywords=VTEC3 like this?
    Yes, it was sold from late 2000-2006 actually. The EK hatch was never officially sold here, the barebones EG hatch is.

Yes, VTEC3, is the three-stage VTEC. There is no particular JDM or non-JDM in this aspect.

And yes, that engine is the one found in the ES Civic and features VTEC3 technology.

9. Join Date
    May 2013
    I own a Corolla GLI than I plan to sell to get a Civic. Ito naman nakita ko Civic ESI with a D15B VTEC engine. Converted daw to sabi nila. Not much of a car guru as this would be my 2nd car pa lang. Oks na po ba to?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    [QUOTE=ceekeigh;2296751]I own a Corolla GLI than I plan to sell to get a Civic. Ito naman nakita ko Civic ESI with a D15B VTEC engine. Converted daw to sabi nila. Not much of a car guru as this would be my 2nd car pa lang. Oks na po ba to?[/QUOT

IMHO lang naman sir, bili nalang ako mas younger na corolla if upgrade habol nyo, all stock lahat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Corolla GLi or Civic ESi. Which is Good Buy?