New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hi all,

For a budget of max P1M, I'm considering Kia Soul and Suzuki Grand Vitara. Both are taller than usual sedan which is good.

Kia Soul for CRDi engine (fuel efficiency) and more updated technology.

Grand Vitara is made in Japan, built to last, but I get feedback that it can only give 6km/liter on city driving. And spare parts can be challenging.

Owners, pls share your experiences on each of them.

What other A/T SUV or crossover is within P1M budget?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    i am also considering soul..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Soul CRDI. Sarap e drive.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by soul12 View Post
    to the TS. another option we have is Mitsu ASX with current discount 1.098 kasing presyo ng soul ex.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by soul12 View Post
    to the TS. another option we have is Mitsu ASX with current discount 1.098 kasing presyo ng soul ex.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mitsubishi ASX is more than 1M. Consider also Ford Ecosport. Take note, Kia Soul has the same ground clearance as most sedans. Seating position is just higher. Suzuki Grand Vitara is less than 1M?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The GV is bigger than the Ecosport and ASX. But it's really really old. A lot of people in the office are getting it because of the low sticker price, but an old 4AT with a 2.4 engine gets really bad mileage.

The exterior looks timeless - it's the last of the boxy SUVs from the mid 2000's. However, the interior isn't my type, plus it doesn't have any of the modern amenities of newer cars.

Have not driven it, but they say that performance is forgettable even with the big engine, and handling is truck-like. It's not a crossover after all.

If you can stretch for the ASX, that's a better option. Or perhaps a gas Sportage if they give big discounts too.
    Last edited by jut703; February 22nd, 2015 at 04:13 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The GV is bigger than the Ecosport and ASX. But it's really really old. A lot of people in the office are getting it because of the low sticker price, but an old 4AT with a 2.4 engine gets really bad mileage.

The exterior looks timeless - it's the last of the boxy SUVs from the mid 2000's. However, the interior isn't my type, plus it doesn't have any of the modern amenities of newer cars.

Have not driven it, but they say that performance is forgettable even with the big engine, and handling is truck-like. It's not a crossover after all.

If you can stretch for the ASX, that's a better option. Or perhaps a gas Sportage if they give big discounts too.

hi sir nabanggit na lang din natin ung asx. which is at least 1.098M.

im torn between asx and soul. kung ikumpara ko yung soul ex sa gls ng asx panis na panis sa interior gadgets ang soul.
    ung soul lx kasi parang sobrang bare kahit ung mags kasi di maganda. papalitin.
    nalilito n ako ngayun.

kagagaling ko lang sa mitsu alabang to check naman ung asx.

hi sir nabanggit na lang din natin ung asx. which is at least 1.098M.

im torn between asx and soul. kung ikumpara ko yung soul ex sa gls ng asx panis na panis sa interior gadgets ang soul.
    ung soul lx kasi parang sobrang bare kahit ung mags kasi di maganda. papalitin.
    nalilito n ako ngayun.

kagagaling ko lang sa mitsu alabang to check naman ung asx.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ASX over Soul definitely. Di ko trip itsura ng Soul. Not very spacious either. Plus resale value will also be a disadvantage vs the ASX.

CRDi lang lamang ng Soul.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009

What about the EcoSport? It's within budget, but I hear some quality issues from the other thread.

What about the EcoSport? It's within budget, but I hear some quality issues from the other thread.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Too cramped. Plus the DCT is still a big question mark. About 10-20% of Fiesta owners have DCT issues, usually ending up with the PCM/TCM having to be replaced, which is a 60k expense once warranty expires.

If you're getting an Ecosport, get the Trend MT. Otherwise, just up your budget for an ASX, Tucson, Sportage, or Vitara.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast