New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    That van's engine seemed to have wanted to be discontinued the moment it left the casa haha.

Noisy and stressed like crazy.
    Haha~ Yet the same engine still lives on in the current Kia K2700. Which, I think, borrows heavily from the Pregio's platform. And I actually see a healthy population of these on the road.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That van's engine seemed to have wanted to be discontinued the moment it left the casa haha.

I wanted that van before, particularly the grey market 3.0L version.

For some reason i always encounter those old Pregios in the vicinity of Pozzorubio to Sison in Pangasinan and can't help but notice how slow they are and smoking like hell.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Well, the Crosswind smokes even worse... but the 4JA1 is definitely more durable than the Pregio's engine, despite being even more underpowered. Don't know if the Pregio's issues are due to light-duty materials used in the gaskets and valve cover or simply a lack of cooling in the engine compartment, but the 2.7 in the KC seems to do better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yun bang Carnival mo ay matic o manual? Kumusta naman reliability?
    manual yun... nabenta na 4 years ago pinalit yung carens... in my 3 year ownership nung carnival wala naman problema... mga pinalitan lang yung consumable parts like brake pads, engine supports, clutch and timing belt at 100K kms...

sayang nga at discontinued na ang pregio.. sana maglabas sila ulet nun

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I wanted that van before, particularly the grey market 3.0L version.

For some reason i always encounter those old Pregios in the vicinity of Pozzorubio to Sison in Pangasinan and can't help but notice how slow they are and smoking like hell.
    nasa gumagamit yan.. we have the besta 2.7 timing gear hindi naman mausok pero malakas.. im sure mas malakas pa yun sa 4JA1, yung tito ko meron din pregio noon, same 2.7 engine ng besta pero timing belt ata yan at mas malakas.. may hatak talaga...

ang problema lang talaga ng mga kia vans noon is yung cooling system.. hindi built for tropical country.. malamig kasi sa korea ... ang liliit ng mga radiator nyan

pero yung mga models nila ngayon ibang iba na talaga....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Electric wheelchair na lang.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Electric wheelchair na lang.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    pwede.... tapos fully loaded... with air suspension pa.. tapos naka turbo V-Engine.... kasabay mo si lola sa edsa naka super wheel chair

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I remember that older Pregio's were known for being prone to overheating. I've seen my share of these with smoke coming out of the cabin by the side of the highway. There was once when we took the '96 Pregio to Baguio. Medyo mabago-bago pa siya noon. Tatay ko ang nagmaneho nuon, and it was fully loaded including luggage. Wala namang problema. Akyat lang ng akyat. Kennon Road yun ah. Although I remember my dad commenting that it wasn't very stable...

Pero during the mid 2000s may lumabas na Pregio CRDi sa Korea diba? Wala pa bang ganon sa mga Korean surplus? That should be an interesting choice.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yung pregio namin ang parati lang nasisira is yung aircon then last year mahina na handbrake

and it cant get past 120kph.. sa 115kph nga hirap na eh ..

pero cant complain, sarap nya maging passenger car

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MRT comfortable ride rin. Kidding aside, Sta. Fe, Lexus RX or LX, Ford Explorer, Grand Cherokee (my uncle who test drove said it rode through humps like nothing), Grand Livina (mababa lang nga), Land Cruiser or Patrol Royale. European cars tend to have stiffer suspension because of the sporty design so Japanese are the safer choices. Grand Starex is the safest bet for vans, but the new Odyssey looks ok as it sells very well in the US.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345